Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1503098 times)

dirtjers, CrumblingInfrastructure and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #5340 on: February 01, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yeah at this point I'm all for there being a separate mikey thread haha. this thread has just been 90% his face
[close]
He's like one of those bottomless margaritas that is never empty, no matter how much you drink, except instead of a citrus-y tequila cocktail, he is full of lame.   ::)
[close]

Let's not put margaritas and Mikey Taylor in the same sentence. He is not worthy. Also Silas rips and I'm mad that he doesn't have a shoe out right now.
[close]

He told me on IG @scoochyj and @ryancase are the ones to (respectfully) speak to regarding Silas 1 getting a re-release.  Best bet is an anniversary one-off, but it’s worth a try
[close]
hold on a sec, don't tease!

Silas posted a pic of someone wearing an old pair.  I asked if they were being re-released he said no, but gave me those two names as who would be in charge of sanctioning a re-release

duniwayRobber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #5341 on: February 01, 2021, 04:22:55 PM »
Jeremy Wray selling single shoes in size 5 for $100 on his IG making me wonder even is online garage sales anyway.

His insta makes me feel weird - how has such a powerful skater been reduced to silly trick-tips?

Dude was one of my favorites growing up.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #5342 on: February 01, 2021, 05:29:37 PM »
BIBLICAL. Nyjah must be ticklish down there

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 05:43:51 PM by Rubbrick »

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #5343 on: February 01, 2021, 05:50:33 PM »

How old is he? Dude looks like he's in his 40s

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5344 on: February 01, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »

I remember a time where i felt compelled to post something to instagram purely for the sake of posting something on instagram.

Then the story function came along. Thats where all the shinfo posts belong now.

Hombreezy

« Reply #5345 on: February 01, 2021, 05:58:51 PM »

Mm-hmm! This is a tasty burger! Vincent! You ever had a Big Kahuna burger?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2348
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #5346 on: February 01, 2021, 07:04:12 PM »

Does Dinner stow his ball cap in his pocket? Why that thing’s bill looking like the Gateway Arch of St. Louis?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -15
« Reply #5347 on: February 01, 2021, 07:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Theotis did a dope fakie flip fakie manny the other day so he’s good in my book. He may look like an old man sometimes on his board but I love seeing thick Theotis doing tech mannys
I remember a time where i felt compelled to post something to instagram purely for the sake of posting something on instagram.

Then the story function came along. Thats where all the shinfo posts belong now.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
« Reply #5348 on: February 01, 2021, 07:24:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Jeremy Wray selling single shoes in size 5 for $100 on his IG making me wonder even is online garage sales anyway.
[close]

His insta makes me feel weird - how has such a powerful skater been reduced to silly trick-tips?

I’ve been enjoying those. It’s nice to see the dude just having fun.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #5349 on: February 01, 2021, 07:24:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

something about him is just a little off.  i can't put my finger on it, but it makes me sad for some reason
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5350 on: February 01, 2021, 07:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

something about him is just a little off.  i can't put my finger on it, but it makes me sad for some reason

Hes a 45 year old family man. Id hazard a guess that he looks at instagram as nothing more than a tool to market either himself or some hard to come by product from the day.

Or a second guess is hes just throwing up little tip tricks to keep skateboarding for him interesting. A fresh project to focus on when the need to get clips for video parts has dissapeared.

Its possible hes just from a different era and mindset so theres nothing off about him. Just not a personality you connect to.

Dr Phil out.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #5351 on: February 01, 2021, 08:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He reminds me a lot of one of my best friends who is an insane skater but also a bit of a square. Like he’s down to trespass for spots and light shit up but is scared to go to Burnside because “we could get stabbed”. Lovable family man type.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5352 on: February 01, 2021, 09:38:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

He reminds me a lot of one of my best friends who is an insane skater but also a bit of a square. Like he’s down to trespass for spots and light shit up but is scared to go to Burnside because “we could get stabbed”. Lovable family man type.

Watching some industry guys do a IG live viewing of One Step Beyond and they did not have great things to say about him.  One was Skate Talk Bob who I know very little about, so I don’t know if that compromises the opinion

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5353 on: February 01, 2021, 10:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Watching some industry guys do a IG live viewing of One Step Beyond and they did not have great things to say about him.  One was Skate Talk Bob who I know very little about, so I don’t know if that compromises the opinion

Is there somewhere I can still watch this?  Kinda interested.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #5354 on: February 01, 2021, 10:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Does Dinner stow his ball cap in his pocket? Why that thing’s bill looking like the Gateway Arch of St. Louis?

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5355 on: February 01, 2021, 10:46:22 PM »
Yeah I've had enough of this Mikey Taylor horse shit

You’re a fucking dumbass

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5356 on: February 01, 2021, 10:49:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Mm-hmm! This is a tasty burger! Vincent! You ever had a Big Kahuna burger?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5357 on: February 01, 2021, 10:50:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Is there somewhere I can still watch this?  Kinda interested.

Don’t know.  This was at the start of the pandemic and I don’t know if they bank those things.   It was Grant Yansura just live watching his vhs collection.  I just caught Opinion and One Step Beyond.  Don’t remember much, but just remember neither being stoked on Wray as a person, but loving the guys you’d expect them to (Montoya, selego).   

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 130
« Reply #5358 on: February 02, 2021, 12:08:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

jeremy wray > 99% of image driven pro skaters > 99% of image driven hipsters with no actual accomplishments > skate talk bob
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Nicki

« Reply #5359 on: February 02, 2021, 12:44:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I’d say it’s a factor. Does this seem like a person whose opinion you’d value?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #5360 on: February 02, 2021, 01:52:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I’d say it’s a factor. Does this seem like a person whose opinion you’d value?

He keeps great company
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5361 on: February 02, 2021, 02:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

jeremy wray > 99% of image driven pro skaters > 99% of image driven hipsters with no actual accomplishments > skate talk bob

True true but as I’ve learned, sometimes when someone like Jeremy Wray isn’t as hooked up or as honored as their legacy should imply and then you hear people who are at least part of or associated with the industry say he’s not a great dude...it seems credible at least

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -758
« Reply #5362 on: February 02, 2021, 03:03:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

True true but as I’ve learned, sometimes when someone like Jeremy Wray isn’t as hooked up or as honored as their legacy should imply and then you hear people who are at least part of or associated with the industry say he’s not a great dude...it seems credible at least

Why though ? What have you heard saying he's a bad guy ?

I've only heard the contrary
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5363 on: February 02, 2021, 03:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bad might be a bit strong.  Chad Fernandez probably isn’t a bad guy, but people likely thinks he just sucks (not as a talent thing).  It was a vibe like that.  Also, please don’t make me defend or remember specifics of an after midnight IG live video from last may.  They weren’t stoked on him and i remember thinking that must be why he’s never gotten the shine he deserved or continues to deserve

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 898
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5364 on: February 02, 2021, 04:35:12 AM »
the "wray-bros" logo looks like it has SS bolts on it

never looked at him the same after that
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Nicki

« Reply #5365 on: February 02, 2021, 04:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bad might be a bit strong.  Chad Fernandez probably isn’t a bad guy, but people likely thinks he just sucks (not as a talent thing).  It was a vibe like that.  Also, please don’t make me defend or remember specifics of an after midnight IG live video from last may.  They weren’t stoked on him and i remember thinking that must be why he’s never gotten the shine he deserved or continues to deserve

Honestly, this is kinda weak sauce. Your comparing Chad Fernandez to Jeremy Wray, you can’t remember any specifics of who said what, except that wknd groupie (and notorious turd/troll) skatebob was involved, and this somehow adds up to “that must be why he’s never gotten the shine he deserved or continues to deserve”, “not a great dude”, “it seems credible at least”. All from an after midnight IG live video 8 months ago. Ok.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1237
« Reply #5366 on: February 02, 2021, 04:46:50 AM »
Why are you taking such a stance against him? lol
He said he doesn't remember the details, just that they weren't stoked. He made it clear it wasn't his opinion.

Here, I've got an opinion, Jeremy Wray was an amazing skater, but he's a dork and has turned into Uncle Rico. If he could just get someone ANYONE to film him he'd frontside 360 the water tower gap.

Someone who has a legacy in the actual act of skating that he does typically has some sort of foot still in the industry. The fact that he doesn't but seemingly wants to must be for a reason. Whether or not that is because he's a bad person isn't clear and hasn't been stated by anyone that I've seen in this thread.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5367 on: February 02, 2021, 04:52:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly, this is kinda weak sauce. Your comparing Chad Fernandez to Jeremy Wray, you can’t remember any specifics of who said what, except that wknd groupie (and notorious turd/troll) skatebob was involved, and this somehow adds up to “that must be why he’s never gotten the shine he deserved or continues to deserve”, “not a great dude”, “it seems credible at least”. All from an after midnight IG live video 8 months ago. Ok.

Ffs your reading comprehension is a bit shit isn’t it?  Someone originally mentioned that something felt off about Wray.  I then related an experience I had on IG Live where Skate Talk Bob and Grant Yansura were watching One Step Beyond and didn’t have great things to say about Wray. 

This isn’t some fucking exposé here, just anecdotally heard that he may be kinda lame as a person, not a bad person like KA, but a lame person like Chad Fernandez, as in someone who people in the skate industry don’t go out of their way to associate with or mention favorably, if at all.   For someone of Wrays caliber and geographical proximity to the industry, his relative anonymity feels weird.

The veracity of the story I left up for people to make their own decisions.  I’m not a journalist, I didn’t get it sourced.  Just relating an innocuous story from like 9 months ago.  I’ll take copious notes next time, Nicki

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5368 on: February 02, 2021, 04:53:28 AM »
Why are you taking such a stance against him? lol
He said he doesn't remember the details, just that they weren't stoked. He made it clear it wasn't his opinion.

Here, I've got an opinion, Jeremy Wray was an amazing skater, but he's a dork and has turned into Uncle Rico. If he could just get someone ANYONE to film him he'd frontside 360 the water tower gap.

Someone who has a legacy in the actual act of skating that he does typically has some sort of foot still in the industry. The fact that he doesn't but seemingly wants to must be for a reason. Whether or not that is because he's a bad person isn't clear and hasn't been stated by anyone that I've seen in this thread.

Exactly

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #5369 on: February 02, 2021, 05:38:44 AM »

The fully curved hat bill coupled with that awkward little smirk. Dinner has reached final form.