Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY 2018  (Read 57968 times)

Velvet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
  • pat duffy
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY 2018
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2018, 02:03:57 PM »
has anybody ever brought up classiness in other SOTY threads?

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
Its simple as fuck. Evan was supposed to get SOTY (not my choice) but had to politely turn it down because the higher ups in the skateboarding illuminati couldn't condone a walking talking advert for microdosing LSD becoming an idol for a sport in which the most susceptible followers are just teenagers. Then either Evan or Thrasher chose Tyshawn as the next most deserving pro

But then again ill never know
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

eastcoaster

« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2018, 07:13:40 PM »
Did he really throw cats at a wall?? Someone explain please.

eastcoaster

« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Did he really throw cats at a wall?? Someone explain please.
[close]
Don't know about him specifically, but you're crazy if think that shit doesn't still go on today. In the same way Michael Vick was surprised that people had a problem with dog fighting.

? Is throwing cats at walls an underground sport im unaware of?

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »

Well have we ever had a SOTY who:

1. Went on instagram days after getting it to bitch someone out and say they will throw fists.
2. He beat up debobby before.
3. Now he’s supposedly throwing cats at walls.

Dudes a deadbeat hood rat it seems who has won SOTY. I fucking hate it when the best black people at shit turn out to be fucking garbage human beings, and it bums me the fuck out. Also he is the second black dude who’s won SOTY, this shit just looks awful for the community/culture. Ishod has gotta be rolling his eyes like how I imagine barrack doin when we have black president number two. TJ it seems is just a bum.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »
Wait what happened with Bobby dekeyzer? He beat up poor bobbo? Bobbo is a neanderthal I wanna see footage of TJ winning or I'm calling bs. Or a real first account story.

thebacker

« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2018, 09:06:48 PM »
Wait what happened with Bobby dekeyzer? He beat up poor bobbo? Bobbo is a neanderthal I wanna see footage of TJ winning or I'm calling bs. Or a real first account story.
he just slapped him, lmao if thats counts as getting beaten up then yikes

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
i took the throwing cats at a wall thing as dumb troll trying to be funny by comparing him to the lobster throwing guy. outside of that one comment ive never heard anyone say anything like this about tyshawn.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2018, 09:12:49 PM »
I know rep is largely pointless but one thing it is handy for is when someone with a 2:1 post to kook ratio comes into a thread making unsubstantiated claims about someone throwing a cat into a wall I tend to dismiss it. That was crazy how quickly that seemingly turn into a viable rumor.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:14:24 PM by ChronicBluntSlider »

7 year old

« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2018, 09:29:15 PM »

Clearly some sort of cat-throwing psychopathic unclassy monster

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #310 on: December 09, 2018, 09:43:43 PM »
A user with -39 rep comes in and simply says "Is he still throwing cats at walls?" and some of you believe it?

« Reply #311 on: December 09, 2018, 11:02:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he just slapped him, lmao if thats counts as getting beaten up then yikes
Whyd he slap bobbo

« Reply #312 on: December 09, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »
Ryan sheckler punched a newborn baby I witnessed it. It was 5 minutes old and he was in there for a tat infection. The hospital was under construction so we were beside the maternity ward. It was in a small town called Emerald City. How many more facts do you need.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2018, 11:35:28 PM »
Ryan sheckler punched a newborn baby I witnessed it. It was 5 minutes old and he was in there for a tat infection. The hospital was under construction so we were beside the maternity ward. It was in a small town called Emerald City. How many more facts do you need.

a guy i know saw sheckler driving his g-class during lunch break and mumbled "nice car" under his breath. shecks noticed and followed him into Subway® and got in his face all like "what did you say about my car?!?!"

the baby must've actually talked shit about his ride in order to get punched. newborn should've known better!!!
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2018, 11:39:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

a guy i know saw sheckler driving his g-class during lunch break and mumbled "nice car" under his breath. shecks noticed and followed him into Subway® and got in his face all like "what did you say about my car?!?!"

the baby must've actually talked shit about his ride in order to get punched. newborn should've known better!!!
Yeah sheckler is reasonable he usually gives you a warning  if you weren't too cross. Honestly I think I heard it yelling something about whose white trash rims those were outside the window before sheckler just came running over and clocked it. I'm surprised he didn't give it a warning first though.

« Reply #315 on: December 09, 2018, 11:46:27 PM »
Also subway® is my favourite go to when I'm really in need of a 5 dollar footlong™ so I can get back out on the sesh. Your friend knows watsup sheckler was probably already there one step ahead of the game as usual.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2018, 12:44:15 AM »
Right, but Leo Romero wears an Indiana Jones hats, how un classy.

im probably lying

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #317 on: December 10, 2018, 04:41:15 AM »
when did being classy become a likable trait for professional skateboarders? the whole culture revolves around a fuck you attitude to all that shit and i thought the griminess of blessed was part of the appeal.

tj is sick, glad he got the nod. feels like redemption for thaigo getting snubbed last year.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #318 on: December 10, 2018, 05:22:51 AM »
when did being classy become a likable trait for professional skateboarders? the whole culture revolves around a fuck you attitude to all that shit and i thought the griminess of blessed was part of the appeal.

tj is sick, glad he got the nod. feels like redemption for thaigo getting snubbed last year.
If you read the thread and you think that was the issue ur lost.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:32:36 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #319 on: December 10, 2018, 05:51:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well have we ever had a SOTY who:

1. Went on instagram days after getting it to bitch someone out and say they will throw fists.
2. He beat up debobby before.
3. Now he’s supposedly throwing cats at walls.

Dudes a deadbeat hood rat it seems who has won SOTY. I fucking hate it when the best black people at shit turn out to be fucking garbage human beings, and it bums me the fuck out. Also he is the second black dude who’s won SOTY, this shit just looks awful for the community/culture. Ishod has gotta be rolling his eyes like how I imagine barrack doin when we have black president number two. TJ it seems is just a bum.

God damn this post is trash

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #320 on: December 10, 2018, 05:55:38 AM »
A user with -39 rep comes in and simply says "Is he still throwing cats at walls?" and some of you believe it?

Honestly. This thread is embarrassing.

eastcoaster

« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2018, 06:19:42 AM »
i took the throwing cats at a wall thing as dumb troll trying to be funny by comparing him to the lobster throwing guy. outside of that one comment ive never heard anyone say anything like this about tyshawn.

Ok cool. Im a huge TJ fan but my love for cats comes first so I had to be sure.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #322 on: December 10, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #323 on: December 10, 2018, 08:38:22 AM »
If someone could ban me from this hellscape of a website, that'd be great.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #324 on: December 10, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »

Velvet

• pat duffy
« Reply #325 on: December 10, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok cool. Im a huge TJ fan but my love for cats comes first so I had to be sure.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #326 on: December 10, 2018, 10:31:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bottom text.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
bottom text

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
  • tiger style
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i did read it and 60% of it is an argument because some people got offended by others suggesting that flow caps were "hood" and not classy which spiraled into the same old racist debate that every other thread ends up in.

i was just pointing out that the foundation of the debate is actually pretty silly and slightly ironic because a classy look could really be an insult and a "hood" look (or whatever it's ok to call it these days) could be a complement in the context of skating. it just feels like people on both sides are dying to argue about race.

if it was some white heshed out guy, no one would be offended by the idea of someone saying it was a trashy look he was rocking and no one would be trying to say it was classy either. shits kind of silly and it kind of feels like it's overshadowing how awesome TJs contribution are. i thought the griminess of him skating city spots, looking like he's a native was awesome and hopefully that doesn't make me a racist but i'm sure for some posters it would. i felt the same way about ben's part. i loved how dirty it was with the ween song, his fucked up teeth, etc...

Surf-goth

• Rep: -679
« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i did read it and 60% of it is an argument because some people got offended by others suggesting that flow caps were "hood" and not classy which spiraled into the same old racist debate that every other thread ends up in.

i was just pointing out that the foundation of the debate is actually pretty silly and slightly ironic because a classy look could really be an insult and a "hood" look (or whatever it's ok to call it these days) could be a complement in the context of skating. it just feels like people on both sides are dying to argue about race.

if it was some white heshed out guy, no one would be offended by the idea of someone saying it was a trashy look he was rocking and no one would be trying to say it was classy either. shits kind of silly and it kind of feels like it's overshadowing how awesome TJs contribution are. i thought the griminess of him skating city spots, looking like he's a native was awesome and hopefully that doesn't make me a racist but i'm sure for some posters it would. i felt the same way about ben's part. i loved how dirty it was with the ween song, his fucked up teeth, etc...

Thank you and it's a sincere thank you. My bad if me backing your post makes people hate you haha
Rest in peace Dick Dale.