Author Topic: Fucking Awesome "Industrial Light & Magic" Video  (Read 23940 times)

Luddite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
Re: Fucking Awesome "Industrial Light & Magic" Video
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2019, 08:58:07 PM »
I used to back Ben Kadow but now his silly outfits are really outshining his skating. He looked like someone’s little brother that tagged along on the trip

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2019, 04:48:12 AM »
Expand Quote
K-Rod's hair says "Hockey," but his trick selection still says "Oh Yeah Oh Yeah Oh Yeah."
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
Funny because Polar doesn’t need him. It’s not like anyone was disappointed by “We Blew It” due to his absence, but also think of how much better that video could have been with him in it, which is crazy because it’s already incredible.
He’s also done next to nil since the move to Hockey, which is a huge bummer.
I hope we see more footy of him soon.
I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes the Kevin Terpening way... He was never a productive skater, and he probably peaked in terms of wallrides possibilities.

Roger Mexico

• Rep: 22
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2019, 05:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
K-Rod's hair says "Hockey," but his trick selection still says "Oh Yeah Oh Yeah Oh Yeah."
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
Funny because Polar doesn’t need him. It’s not like anyone was disappointed by “We Blew It” due to his absence, but also think of how much better that video could have been with him in it, which is crazy because it’s already incredible.
[close]
I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes the Kevin Terpening way... He was never a productive skater, and he probably peaked in terms of wallrides possibilities.

I don't know that he fucked up. In that interview from around the time he switched teams it sounded like he didn't really want the pressure of being on Pontus's program anymore. So, he might be doing exactly what he wants to be doing. It's a disappointment to me, because I thought his parts in the Polar videos and that B/W Cons spot and a bunch of the Blobys videos were cool. For me, once Supreme really came into the picture something shifted and his skating wasn't quite as exciting (maybe that's just an aesthetics thing, as I do tend to get more stoked on Polar stuff than I do Supreme). I hope that changes, cause I'm sure he can do more and I'd like to see it.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2019, 05:32:02 AM »
It’s so easy to tell that Louie has like the only actual pro footage in this video.

Also Sage = Drake
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:44:34 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2019, 05:33:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
[close]
[close]

I don't know that he fucked up. In that interview from around the time he switched teams it sounded like he didn't really want the pressure of being on Pontus's program anymore. So, he might be doing exactly what he wants to be doing. It's a disappointment to me, because I thought his parts in the Polar videos and that B/W Cons spot and a bunch of the Blobys videos were cool. For me, once Supreme really came into the picture something shifted and his skating wasn't quite as exciting (maybe that's just an aesthetics thing, as I do tend to get more stoked on Polar stuff than I do Supreme). I hope that changes, cause I'm sure he can do more and I'd like to see it.
I feel like Pontus's reputation as a Euro/bizarro Jamie Thomas is well known at this point. I can absolutely see how someone would grow weary of that and want off. Also, hasn't K-Rod been hurt?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2019, 05:33:53 AM »
Hope kadow completes his look with an actual heroin addiction so he doesn't clog up these videos with his shitty gimmick.  God what a fucking shit stain.

Awesome skating otherwise.  Sage skates like of the greats just cruising around goofing off (but unlike the greats he is probably skating at 100%).  Not a diss.  Nestor and Evan schiefelbien did that too.  They were all so hyped over a fakie fs crook, which is kind of funny, but it looked great.
where is home?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2019, 06:47:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
[close]
[close]

[close]
I feel like Pontus's reputation as a Euro/bizarro Jamie Thomas is well known at this point. I can absolutely see how someone would grow weary of that and want off. Also, hasn't K-Rod been hurt?

I dont know how accurate that is. Thomas wanted a lot of control over a skater's image. He had the ams living and working at the skatepark/warehouse, and took on a military persona.

From what I've read Pontus really pushes that his skaters have a consistent Instagram presence which I feel is reasonable. With K-rod's situation I also remember reading that he needed a little more coaching because his skating was a bit rough around the edges. Not wanting to post on Insta all the time seemed to be the driving force of his departure.

Of course this is all stuff I'm reading in articles, the real story could be quite different.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -679
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2019, 07:10:39 AM »
Man, Louie is leagues above the rest of them, skill wise. KB is dope.

Did not care for the rest of it.

Exactly the same thing I thought. Louie fucks them all up.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2019, 07:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I dont know how accurate that is. Thomas wanted a lot of control over a skater's image. He had the ams living and working at the skatepark/warehouse, and took on a military persona.

From what I've read Pontus really pushes that his skaters have a consistent Instagram presence which I feel is reasonable. With K-rod's situation I also remember reading that he needed a little more coaching because his skating was a bit rough around the edges. Not wanting to post on Insta all the time seemed to be the driving force of his departure.

Of course this is all stuff I'm reading in articles, the real story could be quite different.
Maybe we're not specifically talking "image," but Pontus is similar to Jamie in that he's a somewhat aggressive personality who has expectations of his brand and team, and that attitude towards skateboarding can turn some people off. Speaking beyond K-Rod's situation now, I know he's pushed skateboarders to "retire" when their careers are far from over.

Surf-goth

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2019, 07:14:28 AM »
Ben in those shades  8) 8) 8)

Seriously? He looked stupid as hell. Totally an eyesore
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2019, 07:23:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Louie barely trying is considerably better than anyone on the team.
[close]

The thing is ... Louie has style AND higher skill

Nah. Style matters. Louie is good though.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2019, 07:39:09 AM »
Hope kadow completes his look with an actual heroin addiction so he doesn't clog up these videos with his shitty gimmick.  God what a fucking shit stain.

Awesome skating otherwise.  Sage skates like of the greats just cruising around goofing off (but unlike the greats he is probably skating at 100%).  Not a diss.  Nestor and Evan schiefelbien did that too.  They were all so hyped over a fakie fs crook, which is kind of funny, but it looked great.

Dude wishing a heroin addiction on anyone is really really fucked up
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2019, 07:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Completely unrelated note but having the same negative rep as your post count is really impressive.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Maybe we're not specifically talking "image," but Pontus is similar to Jamie in that he's a somewhat aggressive personality who has expectations of his brand and team, and that attitude towards skateboarding can turn some people off. Speaking beyond K-Rod's situation now, I know he's pushed skateboarders to "retire" when their careers are far from over.

that interview, IMO, made K Rod look super bad.

He basically complained that Pontus wanting him to actually film and shoot ads, and to show people that he was skating. Which to me felt super fair. You're a pro skater, and your boss lets you know that you need to act like one.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2019, 08:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

He basically complained that Pontus wanting him to actually film and shoot ads, and to show people that he was skating. Which to me felt super fair. You're a pro skater, and your boss lets you know that you need to act like one.
Are you talking about this interview? https://www.soloskatemag.com/kevin-rodrigues-interview-1

In one of the first questions, he says he's dealt with two serious injuries in 2017/2018 (around the time of his switch), but he also says he was totally willing to not be a "pro" anymore and take a back seat because of his attitude, which Pontus rejected, so he called his bluff and left. He said something similar in his Jenkem book interview, as well. I get the whole "you're pro, act like it" argument, but if he's expressed that he's dissatisfied with his current arrangement and okay with the consequences from that, and someone else is willing to work with him in that sense, why should K-Rod stick around?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3510
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2019, 09:02:17 AM »
I used to back Ben Kadow but now his silly outfits are really outshining his skating. He looked like someone’s little brother that tagged along on the trip
...post-wedgie

Surf-goth

« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Completely unrelated note but having the same negative rep as your post count is really impressive.

The key is to be as honest and rational as possible.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Roger Mexico

• Rep: 22
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2019, 10:15:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Are you talking about this interview? https://www.soloskatemag.com/kevin-rodrigues-interview-1

In one of the first questions, he says he's dealt with two serious injuries in 2017/2018 (around the time of his switch), but he also says he was totally willing to not be a "pro" anymore and take a back seat because of his attitude, which Pontus rejected, so he called his bluff and left. He said something similar in his Jenkem book interview, as well. I get the whole "you're pro, act like it" argument, but if he's expressed that he's dissatisfied with his current arrangement and okay with the consequences from that, and someone else is willing to work with him in that sense, why should K-Rod stick around?

Not sure if I should be stoked or bummed that my joke started this argument. Though it does feel like a SLAP achievement.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2019, 10:19:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The key is to be as honest and rational as possible.

don't post for 24 hours and you'll be even again

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2019, 10:30:34 AM »
Don’t get the Kadow appeal. 

Any AVE footage is gold.
I was impressed with the KB and Sage footage.
AA is the king of flip tricks into sketchy banks.
Louie could be the most talented skateboarder out there right now. Noticeably better and more productive than everyone else in this. 

SickSickSicks

• Rep: 20
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »
Always love seeing ANY footage of Dill

Louie is just SO much better than anyone on that squad. I think he is the kind of addition to a team that pushes dudes to step their shit up, but there are a few now more than ever that are just glaring examples of fashion over function.

All-in-all, nice little video. 

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2019, 04:04:12 PM »
new trash can trick I guess I’ll throw it in here. At this point I’d say the sw bs flip is most impressive

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »
new trash can trick I guess I’ll throw it in here. At this point I’d say the sw bs flip is most impressive

The courthouse kid is now the trashcan kid

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2019, 07:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, spot on. Gnar’d.

He fucked up.
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I think the Instagram thing contributed a bit but probably wasn’t the driving force. Unless Pontus’ opinions on that have changed which is possible. The reason I say that is Dane Brady hasn’t posted more than a few things in years and none of it hasn’t been of himself skating in even longer. Roman and Paul never post their own skating either either

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »
terps for soty

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2019, 01:56:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Skill wise obviously Louie is amazing, but I’ve never considered him a stylish skater and I’m surprised that some of yall do. To me he’s one of those textbook, perfect, so clean it borders on boring dudes. Sage, KB, even aged Gino and Dill, TJ, some other FA dudes who’s name I don’t know... the way they do their tricks grab my attention more. I remember being confused when yall wanted him to be SOTY if not Tiago the other year. Louie is smooth but his skating doesn’t move me like that.
[close]
so you must think the guy in your sig doesn't have good style... Cuz he makes it look so easy
  check and mate
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2019, 02:42:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skill wise obviously Louie is amazing, but I’ve never considered him a stylish skater and I’m surprised that some of yall do. To me he’s one of those textbook, perfect, so clean it borders on boring dudes. Sage, KB, even aged Gino and Dill, TJ, some other FA dudes who’s name I don’t know... the way they do their tricks grab my attention more. I remember being confused when yall wanted him to be SOTY if not Tiago the other year. Louie is smooth but his skating doesn’t move me like that.
[close]
so you must think the guy in your sig doesn't have good style... Cuz he makes it look so easy
[close]
  check and mate

Not at all.  Ishod doing incredibly hard tricks while looking like he’s half asleep is stylish and there are more things that make Ishods style unique.  Dudes who do everything textbook perfect like a video game character don’t have a style.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2019, 03:00:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  check and mate
[close]

Not at all.  Ishod doing incredibly hard tricks while looking like he’s half asleep is stylish and there are more things that make Ishods style unique.  Dudes who do everything textbook perfect like a video game character don’t have a style.

So...like Ishod?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  check and mate
[close]

[close]

So...like Ishod?

No

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2019, 06:32:52 PM »
ishod does not skate "textbook perfect" and neither does louie wtf
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5