Author Topic: Kobe Bryant died???  (Read 10526 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1404
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Kobe Bryant died???
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2020, 07:37:32 PM »
(Positive Negative)
unreadable trap logo

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2020, 07:38:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Beastie boys aren’t good.
[close]

I get how people don’t like them but saying they aren’t 
good seems a bit naive. Those guys were rapping at the same time as ll cool j and run dmc, had a way longer run than both and arguably bigger impact and the released punk and jazz along the way.

Wait are you the new token troll account?
[close]
Stop please. You weren’t even alive for any of the acts/impact you mentioned. By the time you heard the beastie boys it was the hello nasty era on mtv. The punk came first then they moved on to rap after it was cool
[close]

i'm 46... jr high was no sleep till Brooklyn blasting on ghetto blasters at the neighborhood basketball court, high school was puking out a moving car into the wind and all over myself from drinking too much brass monkey, freshman year of college was rediscovering them when one of my friends busted out pauls boutique when we were all getting faded after the going out one night and then sophomore year they straight took over everything when check your head came out. overnight our whole campus was full of guys wearing boys scout belts, ringer t's and beanies.

now that i have kids they love the same beastie songs i was into in jr high
[close]
They sold out that hip hop audience they had after that 1st record cause they went with the alternative shit that was hot at the time. And are you bumping licence to Ill 2020?   Paul’s boutique is dust brothers more then the beastie boys I’d say.  They’re not the real deal.  Takin up oxygen.
[close]
Taking up oxygen is a shitty thing to say about anybody but extra shitty about a group of which one member has already died young and then on top of that in a thread mourning someone else's untimely death. Read the room dude or better yet shut up when you don't have anything meaningful to contribute.
Ha    Okay I meant ‘taking up oxygen’ in a figurative sense in the musical landscape .  So everyone who’s dead can’t suck?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2020, 07:38:41 PM »
you gotta fight
for your right
to paaaarty!
 8) bestie boys are dope

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2020, 07:43:27 AM »
How did this turn into a thread about the beastie boys?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »

someone made a comment about ad rock dying and how kobe dying was a similar feeling

someone came along and said you meant MCA, and he couldnt really be a beastie boys fan since he got the wrong members death wrong

another person commented the beastie boys music was not good (blasphemous IMO) and the fans came to defend  ;)

Nicki

« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2020, 01:07:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

someone made a comment about ad rock dying and how kobe dying was a similar feeling

someone came along and said you meant MCA, and he couldnt really be a beastie boys fan since he got the wrong members death wrong

another person commented the beastie boys music was not good (blasphemous IMO) and the fans came to defend  ;)

Good take.

Now let’s get this back to remembering who Kobe truely was.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-sports/kobe-bryant-goodbye-to-the-nbas-all-time-asshole-229102/

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gvagkj/farewell-to-kobe-bryant-who-is-still-probably-an-asshole

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2020, 01:30:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good take.

Now let’s get this back to remembering who Kobe truely was.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-sports/kobe-bryant-goodbye-to-the-nbas-all-time-asshole-229102/

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gvagkj/farewell-to-kobe-bryant-who-is-still-probably-an-asshole

Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2020, 10:18:22 AM »
Even his counterparts don't really get it:

Rogan finally talks about Ari, sorry forgot the timecode...think it was 30 min in or so.  Says he doesnt think he will recover from the blow back...yikes

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:20:03 AM by Abyss1 »

Nicki

« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2020, 11:40:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Even his counterparts don't really get it:

[close]
Rogan finally talks about Ari, sorry forgot the timecode...think it was 30 min in or so.  Says he doesnt think he will recover from the blow back...yikes

So a shock jock won’t recover from saying something “confrontational”? Isn’t that his whole purpose? If Kobe can recover from rapey arrogant asshole to beloved philanthropist icon, I think this Ari guy has a chance.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2020, 10:18:42 PM »
Well If Rogan and Norton think he fucked up then his career is soon to be focused.  And those are literally his friends

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2020, 10:25:52 PM »
Rogan and co., who are always railing against PC, should be sticking up for Ari. How can you be advocating to tell offensive jokes and then say, well, this was TOO offensive? Makes them look half-assed and hypocritical.

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2020, 11:58:05 PM »
Oprah's gf Gayle King asked Lisa Leslie about Kobe and the accusations and pissed off a bunch of people, including Snoop Dogg. Snoop has been posting photos of Oprah and Gayle with Harvey Weinstein on instagram and posted this video to twitter:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:00:20 AM by geneparmesan »

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2020, 05:49:42 AM »
Rogan and co., who are always railing against PC, should be sticking up for Ari. How can you be advocating to tell offensive jokes and then say, well, this was TOO offensive? Makes them look half-assed and hypocritical.
i watch rogan if i like the guest but he's a big pussy. he severed ties w/ Owen Benjamin when Owen started doing blue material about race and bikes. he knows where his bread is buttered.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Nicki

« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2020, 12:48:48 AM »
In the interview, Kobe denied three times that anything had happened with the woman to police, and when informed that the accuser had made an allegation of sexual assault against him, told the officers, “Is there any way I can settle this whatever it is, I mean…?” asked Bryant.

When police informed him that the accuser had submitted to a physical exam and they’d taken semen and blood evidence from her person, Bryant admitted that the two had sex. “Uh, this is what I need to know because uh, I did have sexual intercourse with her,” said Bryant.

Officers asked Bryant whether she said no or resisted, Bryant replied, “OK. I’m thinking, I’m thinking, I’m thinking. (Pause.) I’m trying to think of the conversation we had.”

When asked by officers if he’d ever cheated on his wife before, Bryant replied, “Um, yes, with one other person. Her name is Michelle,” continued Bryant, adding she’s a “frequent” partner of his. When officers ask Bryant how often he has sex with “Michelle,” he replies, “A lot. She’ll tell you the same shit.”

According to the police report, while he was being questioned by the officers about the alleged sexual assault, Bryant said, “I should have done what Shaq does,” adding, “Shaq gives them money or buys them cars, he has already spent one million dollars.” The report added, “Kobe stated that Shaq does this to keep the girls quiet.”

At one point in the interview, when police described the accuser as “attractive,” Bryant corrected them. “She wasn’t that attractive,” said Bryant.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3f48a951-8c6a-4d9d-88a0-d4db7f664b0d
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:51:59 AM by Nicki »

dmemz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2020, 03:36:53 AM »
He definitely wasn't truthful upfront and neither was the accuser who I believe bragged about fucking Kobe and the money she would get. It was a big mistake on Kobe's part but it doesn't define who he is and he definitely embraced fatherhood after his career and appeared to be a very loving person.

Nicki

« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2020, 05:28:34 AM »

He definitely wasn't truthful upfront and neither was the accuser who I believe bragged about fucking Kobe and the money she would get. It was a big mistake on Kobe's part but it doesn't define who he is and he definitely embraced fatherhood after his career and appeared to be a very loving person.

Ok, so rather than just make shit up to suit your narrative, let’s look at what’s actually on the record.

Asked by police what she was thinking at the time, she responded, “I was thinking that his actions were getting physical, and that I wanted to get out of the room.” She estimates the kissing lasted for five minutes, and that that part was consensual. What happened after, she says, was not. “He started, um, groping me, I guess I’d say,” she told officers. “Putting his hands on me, grabbing my butt, my chest. Trying to lift up my skirt. Proceeded to take off his own pants. Trying to grab my hand and make me touch him”.

“I try and walk to the side, and he would walk to the side with me. And that’s when he started to put his hands on my neck,” she said, adding, “He was groping me, I tried to leave, tried to break away, that’s when he grabbed my neck. And at that point I was just looking at him, didn’t know what to do, didn’t know what to say.”

“Then he held me by my neck and physically forced me over to the side of the couch,” she continued. “That’s when he continually had one hand around my neck and with his other hand pushed me over to the side of the two chairs um, turned me around and bent me over and lifted up my skirt.” She told police that “at that point I was just kinda scared and I said no a few times,” adding she said no “when he lifted up my skirt” and again “when he took off my underwear.”

When asked by police how she knew Bryant had heard her, she replied, “Because every time I said no he tightened his hold around me.”

The accuser said that, with one arm still around her neck, Bryant “would lean his face real close to me and ask me questions.” The question: “You’re not gonna tell anybody right.”

“I said no. And he didn’t hear me or asked me to say it louder. Wanted me to turn around and look at him while I said it,” she told police. She said that Bryant asked her the question “three or four” times, and her response every time was “no” because “I was scared that if I told him yes, I’m gonna tell somebody, I’m gonna get out of here now, that he would become more physical with me. Or try harder to keep me in there.”

“And then,” she said, “he lifted up my skirt, took off my underwear and, and came inside me.” She continued: “That’s when he kept coming inside me and then he leaned his face toward mine and asked me if I liked it when a guy came on my face, I said no. Then he was like what did you say. Grabbed and like tightened his hold on my neck, I said no. He said he was gonna do it anyway. And then at that point I got a little bit more aggressive with him and tried to release his hands from my neck. And he was still behind me and at that point he’s still choking me, I was not trying as hard as I could of to get away, but I was still trying.”

The penetration, she told police, lasted about “five minutes,” during which time she was crying, saying that the crying began “when he was coming inside, or started having sex with me.”

Police inform Bryant that the accuser “has a bruise on her neck,” to which he replied, “Yeah I mean that’s you know me and Michelle, that’s what we, we do the same thing,” said Bryant.

During the preliminary hearing, Det. Winters testified that the accuser had been examined the day after the alleged assault by Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) at the Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

“[The nurse] stated that there were several lacerations to the victim’s posterior fourchette or vaginal area, and two of those lacerations were approximately one centimeter in length,” testified Det. Winters. “And there were many, I believe, 2 millimeter lacerations. Too many to count… [The nurse] stated that the injuries were consistent with penetrating genital trauma. That it’s not consistent with consensual sex.”

Det. Winters further stated that the nurse told him the vaginal injuries had most likely occurred within “24 hours,” and that the accuser had “a small bruise on her left jaw line.” Also, that examiners had found “blood excretions” on Bryant’s T-shirt “to about the waistline.” The blood, testified Det. Winters, had “the same DNA profile as the victim in this case.”

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person,I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2020, 02:45:48 PM »

I’ll bite, I listen to his shows and He’s not against PC culture (he explains in J Peterson episode he hates social justice warriors). he knows there’s a line to tow with comedy and in Ari’s case there was no joke....regardless of what Kobe was accused of it’s sad what happened to his daughter and the other passengers who were all innocents.  Why are people in this thread advocating his guilt? they think life is fair Or something

Nicki

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2020, 08:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ll bite, I listen to his shows and He’s not against PC culture (he explains in J Peterson episode he hates social justice warriors). he knows there’s a line to tow with comedy and in Ari’s case there was no joke....regardless of what Kobe was accused of it’s sad what happened to his daughter and the other passengers who were all innocents.  Why are people in this thread advocating his guilt? they think life is fair Or something

It was sad that his kid and passengers died in such avoidable circumstances. They were innocents. But to say there’s no joke is to ignore the ridiculousness of the situation. Kobe made up a nickname for himself, then sets up a Mumba institute in his name, and chooses to fly less than 100miles in an ill equipped helicopter in heavy fog, to the Mumba institute. Truely the Derek Zoolander of basketball.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:45:01 AM by Nicki »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was sad that his kid and passengers died in such avoidable circumstances. They were innocents. But to say there’s no joke is to ignore the ridiculousness of the situation. Kobe made up a nickname for himself, then sets up a Mumba institute in his name, and chooses to fly less than 100miles in an ill equipped helicopter in heavy fog, to the Mumba institute. Truely the Derek Zoolander of basketball.

one night  out in SF I missed the last train out to San Jose, me and some other dude decided to split a cab...we were both drunk and started chatting in the cab, dude tells me he works at a rape call / crisis center in San Jose...and that rape happens way more times than statistics say.  My point is people like yourself and Ari Shaffir have select outrage.  I mean I'll let you cook and all, just dont understand your outrage here on SLAP

Nicki

« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

one night  out in SF I missed the last train out to San Jose, me and some other dude decided to split a cab...we were both drunk and started chatting in the cab, dude tells me he works at a rape call / crisis center in San Jose...and that rape happens way more times than statistics say.  My point is people like yourself and Ari Shaffir have select outrage.  I mean I'll let you cook and all, just dont understand your outrage here on SLAP

First, I thought your story was going to be a lot saucier, so that’s disappointing. Second, what’s your point? Rape happens way more than statistics so it’s no big deal?  I really, really hate rapists. Just giving some perspective to the grief police that have flooded the media (and slap) with so much nonsense about such an a-grade turd. That’s what Slaps for right? Expressing opinions. Or should i just start another versace plug thread?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-calls-out-child-for-missing-a-basketball-game-in-his-latest-instagram-post/

Hefe43

« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2020, 07:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

First, I thought your story was going to be a lot saucier, so that’s disappointing. Second, what’s your point? Rape happens way more than statistics so it’s no big deal?  I really, really hate rapists. Just giving some perspective to the grief police that have flooded the media (and slap) with so much nonsense about such an a-grade turd. That’s what Slaps for right? Expressing opinions. Or should i just start another versace plug thread?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-calls-out-child-for-missing-a-basketball-game-in-his-latest-instagram-post/

You should just shut the fuck up AND never start another thread

This Thing Of Ours

Nicki

« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2020, 09:19:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah yes, the first (and last) resort of the toxic male defender - threatening aggression. Truth hurts aye?😘

Hefe43

« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2020, 10:14:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah yes, the first (and last) resort of the toxic male defender - threatening aggression. Truth hurts aye?😘

I live in Los Angeles. I didn’t care about Kobe when he was alive. Still sucks 9 people died.

I didn’t threaten you I told you to shut the fuck up. You’re literally going on and on. We get it.

Versace Plugs fake style is lame

This Thing Of Ours

KRKD1

« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2020, 10:54:12 PM »
Maybe y'all are too young, but he was accused of (and basically admitted to) sexual assault.  On a 19 year-old.  While he was married.  I feel for his family's loss, but I don't idolize him.

Did you miss the part of that trial were the lady refused to proceed because her panties from the alleged night showed up with 7 different semen samples?

She settled out of court for a reason. $$$.

Nicki

« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I live in Los Angeles. I didn’t care about Kobe when he was alive. Still sucks 9 people died.

I didn’t threaten you I told you to shut the fuck up. You’re literally going on and on. We get it.

Versace Plugs fake style is lame

That we can agree on - mr plug style is lame, like a b grade Nick Tucker.

Nicki

« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2020, 02:13:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Maybe y'all are too young, but he was accused of (and basically admitted to) sexual assault.  On a 19 year-old.  While he was married.  I feel for his family's loss, but I don't idolize him.
[close]

Did you miss the part of that trial were the lady refused to proceed because her panties from the alleged night showed up with 7 different semen samples?

She settled out of court for a reason. $$$.

Yeah, we missed that part of made up victim blaming. Good troll. You must be thinking of the sample they took from your mum to find out your paternity.

slippy

• Rep: 88
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2020, 09:57:22 AM »
End this thread c'mon y'all.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog