Author Topic: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?  (Read 49791 times)

malevy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?
« Reply #360 on: June 07, 2024, 06:08:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone skate the 440V2 wide yet? Thinking of either those or the Japan pro and want to know opinions
[close]

Just picked up the 440 v2 wide and unfortunately, I don't think they are any wider than the v1......
[close]

That sucks to hear. Would you say it's narrow in the midfoot or the front foot?
[close]

Both.  No clue what they were thinking.  I have a pair of New Balance 880s in wide for walking the dig, and they are plenty roomy, so they are capable of making a proper wide shoe.....

That's crazy. I swear by their running shoes because the wides are actually wide.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #361 on: June 07, 2024, 07:15:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone skate the 440V2 wide yet? Thinking of either those or the Japan pro and want to know opinions
[close]

Just picked up the 440 v2 wide and unfortunately, I don't think they are any wider than the v1......
[close]

That sucks to hear. Would you say it's narrow in the midfoot or the front foot?
[close]

Both.  No clue what they were thinking.  I have a pair of New Balance 880s in wide for walking the dig, and they are plenty roomy, so they are capable of making a proper wide shoe.....
[close]

That's crazy. I swear by their running shoes because the wides are actually wide.

On my second pair of 440v2 wides.  I sized down from 12 in 440v1 to 11.5 in 440v2 wide and the fit is still slightly wider (and better) for me.  If you google 'new balance width chart' you can see that 2e is supposed to be 4mm wider throughout than the regular d fit. 

Shrimp

• Rep: 2
« Reply #362 on: June 07, 2024, 10:58:58 PM »
Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but wanted to put this out there for all my wide footed homies: the New Balance 417 (Franky Villani) is NOT wide at all. New Balance is one of my go-to shoe brands since most of their models seem to run pretty wide, but these 417s are a disappointment in that regard. Way too tight in the toe box and forefoot.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1046
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #363 on: June 07, 2024, 11:24:16 PM »
Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but wanted to put this out there for all my wide footed homies: the New Balance 417 (Franky Villani) is NOT wide at all. New Balance is one of my go-to shoe brands since most of their models seem to run pretty wide, but these 417s are a disappointment in that regard. Way too tight in the toe box and forefoot.

They look really fat/round in the toebox tho...weird...kinda like how the tiagos look wide but they aren't.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #364 on: June 08, 2024, 08:23:51 AM »
Got also tricked by those 417s. Shouldn't really buy shoes without trying them on. Been skating Zahbas lately and they feel okay for me. Could see them not working for someone who needs wider toebox though.

Shrimp

• Rep: 2
« Reply #365 on: June 08, 2024, 07:50:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They look really fat/round in the toebox tho...weird...kinda like how the tiagos look wide but they aren't.

Yeah the looks are a bit deceiving. They've gotten a little better after breaking in, but I'll definitely be moving on from them prematurely. If my feet were any more cramped I would've just sent them back to begin with. For reference i'm only a size 10E, not anything crazy like OP.

On the subject of midtops, anyone got any suggestions for slightly wide foot options? The Emerica Pillar was okay for me, but it looks like they're being phased out and I was never in love with the colorways. How does the Winkowski fit? Converse Louie mid?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1046
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #366 on: June 08, 2024, 08:37:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah the looks are a bit deceiving. They've gotten a little better after breaking in, but I'll definitely be moving on from them prematurely. If my feet were any more cramped I would've just sent them back to begin with. For reference i'm only a size 10E, not anything crazy like OP.

On the subject of midtops, anyone got any suggestions for slightly wide foot options? The Emerica Pillar was okay for me, but it looks like they're being phased out and I was never in love with the colorways. How does the Winkowski fit? Converse Louie mid?

I've had the louie mids, they are super floppy, bag out fast and don't really offer any suppport. I didn't enjoy them.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #367 on: June 08, 2024, 10:16:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Vans Sk8 his are okay, but i think in general they are pretty uncomfortable for me atleast

fur lined sea

• Rep: 239
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2024, 06:19:05 AM »
I fell for the 417s, too. Definitely not wide. Those things hurt my toes just from one short flatground session.

There’s no point in trying to break shoes in, they’re not right if that’s the case.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.