Author Topic: Which subculture in skateboarding do you hate the most?  (Read 43931 times)

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
  • olive garden
Re: Which subculture in skateboarding do you hate the most?
« Reply #540 on: November 29, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »
Ao posting about menstrual cycles and breathing shots in a van lol. And pj wears a turban now. People who buy into that shit and think they are progressive humble dudes are idiots fr. Drink the koolaid

cky enthusiast

« Reply #541 on: November 29, 2020, 03:59:12 PM »
Ao posting about menstrual cycles and breathing shots in a van lol. And pj wears a turban now. People who buy into that shit and think they are progressive humble dudes are idiots fr. Drink the koolaid

you gonna be deep in the kind brother tunnel to be posting about a woman’s kinship with the moon like that. i burn incense at my local cause it helps me skate better..

Banned from the room

« Reply #542 on: November 29, 2020, 08:19:43 PM »
The kook at Salem park today.

Your my son bitch

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #543 on: November 30, 2020, 01:04:47 AM »

that turban looks sikh though, dude still stylin.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #544 on: November 30, 2020, 07:41:07 AM »
i think the pj turban looks weird but he's not calling attention to it or anything. I would not classify as some faux humble shit

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #545 on: November 30, 2020, 12:39:13 PM »
Less these days because he got used to it and is sort of past the indoctrination point but he used to post a decent amount of kooky ao type of shit sitting around with other dudes wearing turbans and yogi this and that. Idk lol its like saying you wouldnt notice a dude skating in a top hat with half a rabbit sticking out

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #546 on: November 30, 2020, 01:08:21 PM »
Pretty much all of them are too try-hard for my taste, but the "politically conscious" subculture that popped up during Trump is particularly bad. I'm talking both sides of it too, from the "dead babies in the vaccines cause autism" idiots to Koston & Jim T making "Trump's racist" boards, it's all uneducated pseudo-intellectual garbage from highschool drop outs. They're trying to tackle a subject they're completely ignorant of, and I'd rather they stuck to skateboarding.

Seriously, I follow skateboarding to get away from the monotony of the news cycle, and I'd rather that skateboarding be the one thing that doesn't become tainted from the back and forth nonsense of relentlessly streamed fodder...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #547 on: November 30, 2020, 01:15:30 PM »
Koston & Jim T making "Trump's racist" boards, it's all uneducated pseudo-intellectual garbage from highschool drop outs. They're trying to tackle a subject they're completely ignorant of, and I'd rather they stuck to skateboarding.

Seriously, I follow skateboarding to get away from the monotony of the news cycle, and I'd rather that skateboarding be the one thing that doesn't become tainted from the back and forth nonsense of relentlessly streamed fodder...

I think USEFUL IDIOTS is the term for this.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

cky enthusiast

« Reply #548 on: November 30, 2020, 01:21:23 PM »
Pretty much all of them are too try-hard for my taste, but the "politically conscious" subculture that popped up during Trump is particularly bad. I'm talking both sides of it too, from the "dead babies in the vaccines cause autism" idiots to Koston & Jim T making "Trump's racist" boards, it's all uneducated pseudo-intellectualgarbage from highschool drop outs. They're trying to tackle a subject they're completely ignorant of, and I'd rather they stuck to skateboarding.

i get what you mean but between this and name checking voltaire on a Skateboarding Website i think some self reflection might be in order

Brguy

« Reply #549 on: November 30, 2020, 01:35:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Pretty much all of them are too try-hard for my taste, but the "politically conscious" subculture that popped up during Trump is particularly bad. I'm talking both sides of it too, from the "dead babies in the vaccines cause autism" idiots to Koston & Jim T making "Trump's racist" boards, it's all uneducated pseudo-intellectualgarbage from highschool drop outs. They're trying to tackle a subject they're completely ignorant of, and I'd rather they stuck to skateboarding.

[close]
Politics have nothing to do with self reflection, it's quite the opposite, actually.
i get what you mean but between this and name checking voltaire on a Skateboarding Website i think some self reflection might be in order

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »
Thats nothing lol if you want some real cringe there was a thread about which pros should be president and some werent even being ironic. Fr like why

cky enthusiast

« Reply #551 on: November 30, 2020, 01:56:26 PM »
Thats nothing lol if you want some real cringe there was a thread about which pros should be president and some werent even being ironic. Fr like why

andy macdonald is the smiling face that would undoubtedly fuck the populace slow

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2020, 02:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm saying I don't like it, but I'm not saying they shouldn't do whatever they want. Unlike you guys, I'd rather just choose not to indulge when they market some shit I don't like & hope the rest of skateboarding follows suit, subsequently stopping as a result. I guess I'm not the only one who wasn't feeling it, especially considering that Numbers is still sitting on a fuck ton of those boards and they're pretty much out of business, that's the way the market lets people know that their ideas suck in the best way possible..
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #553 on: November 30, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm saying I don't like it, but I'm not saying they shouldn't do whatever they want. Unlike you guys, I'd rather just choose not to indulge when they market some shit I don't like & hope the rest of skateboarding follows suit, subsequently stopping as a result. I guess I'm not the only one who wasn't feeling it, especially considering that Numbers is still sitting on a fuck ton of those boards and they're pretty much out of business, that's the way the market lets people know that their ideas suck in the best way possible..

when i don’t indulge stuff i don’t like, i tend to keep quiet about it. you do you though, you seem really smart

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #554 on: November 30, 2020, 02:44:28 PM »
The weird younger kid at the skatepark who brings a paper bag lunch and just sits under the vert ramp and smokes cigarettes all day.

Look man I know you've had a tough life and all but just go live with your aunt or something

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1451
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #555 on: November 30, 2020, 05:17:06 PM »
I don't hang out/skate with enough people to hate any subculture and other than the videos I watched as a kid and rewatch now, SLAP is pretty much the only skateboarding media I consume, so I can't get on the true hate train, but I get tripped up seeing people (not just skateboarders) like 25 and under wearing clothes that look they were stolen from some 90s gap ad or something- almost grunge looking but probably really expensive. Fake work clothes.  I see these girls wearing mumus and shit like my fat ass wheel chair bound great grandmother wore while she was ripping butts and heckling neighborhood kids for walking while black. Look, I'm tattooed as a motherfucker and used to get my ass whipped for being a punk or whatever and looking like an idiot, and I've been wearing pretty much the same style clothes for half my life now, so I'm tuned into the notion of wearing what you like because it makes you feel right and helps identify with your group, but the stupid fashion for the sake of fashion, no culture whatsoever other than what is marketed on the BIG marketing level bums me out, especially when its ugly as fuck.
Support your local skate shop

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #556 on: November 30, 2020, 05:23:38 PM »
I hate the SE bike kids that skated for a year but now just do wheelies in the parking lot and try to out number people in a fights.
😂 do you live in Hayward?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #557 on: November 30, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »
I don't hang out/skate with enough people to hate any subculture and other than the videos I watched as a kid and rewatch now, SLAP is pretty much the only skateboarding media I consume, so I can't get on the true hate train, but I get tripped up seeing people (not just skateboarders) like 25 and under wearing clothes that look they were stolen from some 90s gap ad or something- almost grunge looking but probably really expensive. Fake work clothes.  I see these girls wearing mumus and shit like my fat ass wheel chair bound great grandmother wore while she was ripping butts and heckling neighborhood kids for walking while black. Look, I'm tattooed as a motherfucker and used to get my ass whipped for being a punk or whatever and looking like an idiot, and I've been wearing pretty much the same style clothes for half my life now, so I'm tuned into the notion of wearing what you like because it makes you feel right and helps identify with your group, but the stupid fashion for the sake of fashion, no culture whatsoever other than what is marketed on the BIG marketing level bums me out, especially when its ugly as fuck.

kids these days are all walkin around with green hair and bones in their noses. no one even says sir or ma’am anymore

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #558 on: November 30, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
This is a good page

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #559 on: November 30, 2020, 06:12:58 PM »
The weird younger kid at the skatepark who brings a paper bag lunch and just sits under the vert ramp and smokes cigarettes all day.

Look man I know you've had a tough life and all but just go live with your aunt or something

Lol, damn. That what hits home.

To be fair, not everyone has an aunt to live with. I tried to go live with family and my shitty mother wouldn't allow it.

sk8bat

• Rep: -97
« Reply #560 on: November 30, 2020, 07:58:14 PM »
Not sure if it's a subculture, but regular foot skating is wack.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #561 on: November 30, 2020, 08:04:34 PM »

what do you use, your hands?

sk8bat

« Reply #562 on: November 30, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah bro, I skate goofy like every other normal skater. Not a kook.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #563 on: November 30, 2020, 08:21:15 PM »
what is foot skating

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #564 on: November 30, 2020, 08:27:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I always knew I was a fucking kook. So thanks for the realization 💋

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #565 on: November 30, 2020, 09:25:46 PM »
 :)
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

when i don’t indulge stuff i don’t like, i tend to keep quiet about it. you do you though, you seem really smart

OP sounds like a Republican that likes Rage Against the Machine.

And if anybody has one of those pseudo-intellectual Real Trump clown boards let can let go a decent price PM me. $500 on eBay ain’t happening.

sk8bat

« Reply #566 on: November 30, 2020, 09:55:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

And if anybody has one of those pseudo-intellectual Real Trump clown boards let can let go a decent price PM me. $500 on eBay ain’t happening.
Why would anyone want that board?

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #567 on: November 30, 2020, 09:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
People like this amuse me fr. What a concussed way to think

sk8bat

« Reply #568 on: November 30, 2020, 10:02:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
People like this amuse me fr. What a concussed way to think
Just put your right foot front. Problem solved. What's so hard to understand?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #569 on: November 30, 2020, 11:01:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Best Trump graphic ever was an Antihero Trujillo that came out while Trump was still in the primaries for the 2016 election.

It’s a picture of Shiva holding Trumps severed head, wearing a necklace of GOP leaders, standing on burning cop cars and severing a drone in two with one of her arms.

I have it on my wall and it always makes me smile.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea