Author Topic: Confidence Colors  (Read 2256 times)

Digital Rasta

Confidence Colors
« on: October 01, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »
The Louie Jones for Palace thread got me thinking, why are skaters so much more care-free about the colors they wear being perceived as feminine? I've been fascinated by this since the eS Koston 6's came out in baby girl pink, the ad said 'The Fearless Pink is The Best Part". We all know skaters will wear whatever color they want and not give a fuck about what jocks and squares think about it. I remember a Thrasher First Look clip with D Way bagging on Nike, looking at an ad for some Ishod dunks in Gray/Pink and Danny goes 'You guys tried to so hard to get into our industry and now this is what you're putting out?'. D Way seems like exactly the kind of dude to bag on skaters for wearing girly colors. I'm not swishy or gay at all but I wear all kinds of illegal colors and I have for my whole life. I got into a brief fistfight with a crazy homeless guy once because he walked right up to me and asked me if I was a girl because I had on a purple sweater and tried to touch me. Shoes in the nineties came in a pretty limited range of colors, mostly black, blue, white and brown. Now since the 2000s I have had school bus yellow shoes, turquoise shoes and plum purple shoes to boot. Do you limit yourself in the colors you wear or are you a freak flag flyer like me? For the most part nobody makes fun of me, girls seem to actually like it that we're confident enough to rock a pink t-shirt.

Edit: It was the K6 that came in pink not the eS Koston 3
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:31:05 AM by Digital Rasta »

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Re: Confidence Colors
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:12:55 AM »
I’m stoked on the trend of wearing whatever and now have lots more color in my wardrobe. Back in the day it was nothing but darks

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 09:21:45 AM »
won’t catch me in any of that confidence shit I’m insecure

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 10:20:35 AM »
Im not ed templeton so i  actually care what I look like

Digital Rasta

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 10:32:01 AM »
Im not ed templeton so i  actually care what I look like
Ed had Black/Hot Pink and Leopard Print colorways on Emerica

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »
I've worn all types of fits through out the years, but the tried and true darks, greys and blacks never fail me. Be it shoes, pants, shirts or hoodies, anytime I go out on a limb for the confidence colors I always end up regretting it and go back to my safe colors. Also most of those colors clash too much and do go with every outfit. Just a waste of time for me personally.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 10:38:40 AM »
Yellow helmet a la Andy Mac in the streets, paired with the Freddy Krueger sweater.  I put off like safety hammer vibe

Digital Rasta

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 03:01:55 PM »
I can't remember what year it was but a very long time ago Skateboarder magazine ran a double page shot of Geoff Rowley doing a frontside flip over the wavy bump to bar spot in Barca called besos. He was wearing black shoes, faded black jeans and a pink t-shirt. The caption just said 'Hola Pinky!' but it was such a sick photo it definitely made an impression on my young mind

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 03:25:57 PM »
A lil Carolina blue never hurt
Millennial pink is so 2016
Bam and nora own purple so you can’t really fuck with that
Mustard yellow might be as far as I’ll go
Navy is good
Leather jackets are pretty cheap at thrift stores maybe you can find a white one. Either way those will restrict your arm motions and give you confidence

FUBAR

• Rep: 250
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 03:38:56 PM »
I’d say junebug or green pumpkin. If you don’t fish, you don’t know.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 04:01:11 PM »
I used to be the "character" in my group of friends. I mean like awful, full blown ali boulala phase, hammers grecs, just the wildest cos play shit.... but my skating was shit, but even shit can be fertilizer, so it was like dehydrated piss? But now I'm a basic boul. Dickies, white ts etc. My skating is terrible still, but less terrible.
Idk. Wear whatever the fugg.
Whoa. Danger.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
I mostly wear black so idk what to tell you

Digital Rasta

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 04:57:27 PM »
I used to be the "character" in my group of friends. I mean like awful, full blown ali boulala phase, hammers grecs, just the wildest cos play shit.... but my skating was shit, but even shit can be fertilizer, so it was like dehydrated piss? But now I'm a basic boul. Dickies, white ts etc. My skating is terrible still, but less terrible.
Ali and Greco ran some cool outfits at first and then they got ahead of themselves with wacky shit, when their 70s punk shit hit the mainstream and skinny jeans became a trend. In Baker Bootleg Greco switch frontside flipped the Med Choice gap in a white t with the sleeves and neck cut off, tight black jeans, white socks, black shoes. They looked cool until the skate fame went to their heads and they both went in on the ridiculous over the top rock and roll flare.

Coolguy69

• Rep: 33
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 05:14:38 PM »
When I was in middle school, a lot of kids had pink t-shirts that said "tough guys wear pink". That's all i've got for that.

I personally stick to neutral colors and earth tones myself.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -203
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 05:21:32 PM »
self-expression is good

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 05:23:45 PM »
&& is my confidence color
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Slayer666

• Rep: -30
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 05:29:10 PM »
gay

Digital Rasta

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 05:38:43 PM »
gay
If you say his name three times he will appear with witty quips and tales of ribaldry

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 05:45:38 PM »
Expand Quote
I used to be the "character" in my group of friends. I mean like awful, full blown ali boulala phase, hammers grecs, just the wildest cos play shit.... but my skating was shit, but even shit clan be fertilizer, so it was like dehydrated piss? But now I'm a basic boul. Dickies, white ts etc. My skating is terrible still, but less terrible.
[close]
Ali and Greco ran some cool outfits at first and then they got ahead of themselves with wacky shit, when their 70s punk shit hit the mainstream and skinny jeans became a trend. In Baker Bootleg Greco switch frontside flipped the Med Choice gap in a white t with the sleeves and neck cut off, tight black jeans, white socks, black shoes. They looked cool until the skate fame went to their heads and they both went in on the ridiculous over the top rock and roll flare.
Oh that's how it started yea but I too went waaay the fuck over board. I had this insane purple costume pimp coat I would wear and just bail 180s down stupid big shit.
Whoa. Danger.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 05:47:03 PM »
Actually black

Digital Rasta

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2020, 08:37:14 AM »
Leather jackets are pretty cheap at thrift stores maybe you can find a white one. Either way those will restrict your arm motions and give you confidence
LOL I'm good I got one. Its a size big so I can move my arms. It's Camel brown, handmedown from my Dad. He was smokin a J in it and dropped ash on it, burned a little hole. I could give a fuck I think it looks boss

Digital Rasta

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2020, 08:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote
gay
[close]
If you say his name three times he will appear with witty quips and tales of ribaldry

Where has GAY been, come to think of it? I haven't seen one of his posts in a while

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »
I’d say junebug or green pumpkin. If you don’t fish, you don’t know.

Junebug is my all time “confidence” color hands down. If I could only fish one color of plastic worm the rest of my life it would be this. We also both know Greenpumpkin is the number one selling color plastic out there. I also fuck with Watermelon Red heavy too. It’s hilarious the emphasis people put on “confidence” color over presentation though. Haha

dannyprovolone

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »
dway should give up and just embrace the rainbow

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 357
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2020, 10:12:30 AM »
i think we moved way too quick past the part where you said you fought a homeless man because he tried to touch your sweater

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Digital Rasta

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 11:06:04 AM »
Are you saying you would just laugh it off? I don't like strangers touching me.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2020, 11:13:00 AM »
i wear mostly black like 90% of the time but then sometimes like to wear some bright as fuck shirt or hat or jacket to mix it up. or color invert to almost all white. i don't fuck with pink or rose shirts though because they look silly on my paleish skintone. i like seeing people wearing them though. some people know how to rock any colors, some seem colorblind to what they wear. i don't think anything is illegal. it comes down to the sense of style of the person. but i wouldn't disrespect anyone for rocking a certain color. if you have a good sense of clothing style you might be able to rock a pink beanie or signal yellow shoes, but maybe you just look like a kook coming out of the toy store.

that danny way story is funny, as if dc hasn't put out shoes like court graffix with giant baby pink dc logos.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2020, 10:21:08 PM »
Who remembers White tee's & then light pink tees
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1410
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 10:27:31 PM »
Thread title sounds like a straightedge gang.

Confidence Colors - we'll beat you up because you drink, and we also wear neon fuchsia pullovers.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2020, 11:45:10 PM »
Who remembers White tee's & then light pink tees
Never wash a fresh red shirt with your whites. Actually I got a sick faded baby pink Tommy Wright III out of a similar situation once. Cam'ron never forget.