Author Topic: Collin Provost of Toy Machine  (Read 52691 times)

skate_or_dingus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
Re: Collin Provost of Toy Machine
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2021, 10:59:14 AM »
Emerica is actually doing great, definitely not hurting.. & when it comes to the heritage even better bc they've actually got potential w.their team. I have 2 pair of Reynods 2's and MJ 2's, it's sick

Provost is real tall on a board, dude looked like a mini Reynolds, off his board with low-cut shoes I would say he is above average height . . Gt is like 3.5' taller than him
I'm going to post a photo

So Grant Taylor is almost ten feet tall?

GT on Wadlow lineage confirmed?

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2021, 11:24:12 AM »
Where is Emerica’s current market? I’ve yet to see a pair in the wild aside from wino slips.
I love the winos. If you don’t care about the color there’s usually some odd ones in the sale section for cheap.

alecjahr

• Rep: -109
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »
They’re pretty popular here in Louisville.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2021, 11:53:13 AM »

Side note, do you like the New Albany park since they re-did it?

Magnolia

• Rep: 477
  • She/They
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How is New Albany? If I'm in Louisville I usually just go to Armstrong, but I feel like I should branch out more.
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2021, 12:55:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can see him on Element again
[close]

I don't know, this doesn't scream Colllin to me,

[close]

Who is the target audience supposed to be for those Peanut collab decks? 60 year olds who used to read the Sunday funnies?

Or am I out if touch and kids read Peanuts now?
Life is so confusing.

I don't own a Peanuts board...but I definitely wouldn't mind skating one. I'm also half the age of 60. I think for me, the Peanuts remind me of Christmas in Virginia.

My Grandpa used to wrap all our gifts with the Funnies papers

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2021, 12:58:05 PM »
Tum Yeto just can't make a board to save a whale and one of my first boards was a Foundation & a Workshop
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2021, 12:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How is New Albany? If I'm in Louisville I usually just go to Armstrong, but I feel like I should branch out more.

I like it. Smaller, but I feel like it has a slightly better flow than Armstrong. More street that tranny oriented .

Grind King Rims

« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2021, 01:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote
The impact STJ/G&E had on skating was nothing compared to what WTH/JOB had. Comparing BA, Steamer, Getz, Bam, Barley, Maldonado, Thomas to Layton, Marks, Harmony, Bennett, Butcher, Stephens, Trapasso is criminal! And I’m saying that as someone who grew up during the early/mid 00’s
[close]

This shit is just making me remember how rad Diego was in his prime.

Quoting for a new page, that is an insane gap. 9 flat 9. Fair play.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2021, 01:29:17 PM »
I didn't realize until recently that Diego ollied the stairs of the Cardiel ledge too, in like ~2003

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2021, 06:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The impact STJ/G&E had on skating was nothing compared to what WTH/JOB had. Comparing BA, Steamer, Getz, Bam, Barley, Maldonado, Thomas to Layton, Marks, Harmony, Bennett, Butcher, Stephens, Trapasso is criminal! And I’m saying that as someone who grew up during the early/mid 00’s
[close]

[close]

Is that the same stairset that Ryan Decenzo kickflipped recently?
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2021, 06:37:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Is that the same stairset that Ryan Decenzo kickflipped recently?

yup, that's the one

Toy Machine is dead

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -173
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2021, 04:55:03 AM »
remember when programming injection came out 2 years ago and everybody loved it?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1160
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2021, 05:57:27 AM »
remember when programming injection came out 2 years ago and everybody loved it?

historically, the conclusion of a great video project usually means the end of a era and people leave after that video hype fades.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2021, 04:37:06 PM »

Speak for yourself! Outside of Myles' great part, that video felt very throw-away-y and bland.

conqueso

« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2021, 05:55:39 PM »
did josh harmony have a part? what about billy marks?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2021, 06:02:07 AM »
I didn't realize until recently that Diego ollied the stairs of the Cardiel ledge too, in like ~2003

In his prime, Diego could pretty much ollie anything.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2021, 02:53:11 PM »

I absolutely do not remember that. In fact I watched Dan Lu's part just 2/3 days ago and thought, "Huh, I don't remember this at all."

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 357
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2021, 03:40:53 PM »

i would have lost money that had come out

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Speak for yourself! Outside of Myles' great part, that video felt very throw-away-y and bland.

Leo's part is golden still. Great stand alone part to watch before you skate.

alecjahr

• Rep: -109
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2021, 07:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it’s good, fun flow to it. The little park in ville Breslin is fun too

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2021, 08:37:00 PM »
Toy Machine fucked up kicking Johnny Layton off for "not being productive" while filming for Propeller, Which ended up on the Berrics (and was amazing).

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2021, 10:39:08 PM »
They did him dirty
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2021, 02:17:49 AM »
Toy Machine fucked up kicking Johnny Layton off for "not being productive" while filming for Propeller, Which ended up on the Berrics (and was amazing).

There was definitely some shit going on behind the scenes there because they kept Harmony on through all that who not only wasn't productive but who's footage wasn't nearly as rad as J'Lays and was also openly supporting Trump at the time

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2021, 03:07:01 AM »
it's kinda crazy how ed is always viewed as non-conformist and stuff but has or had bible thumper dudes like harmony on the team. just shows how he is merely the curator of the artstyle and probably hasn't really picked teamriders in a while.

toy machines main problem imo, apart from the graphics and aesthetic being really bad and not have had aged well to nowadays, is that the team doesn't have a lot variety in styles anymore. it's all desert ditchtech/rails/stairs. the old videos had maldonado, b.a., bam, donny barley, satva leung, elissa. fucking kerry getz and the muska used to skate for toy. if companies are like bands, then toy around 96-98 was like the gorillaz, like a supergroup of diversely talented skaters.

if the company doesn't diversify into east coast or international riders to make their output more varied and interesting they will stay in their self chosen middle ground of wacky foundation/grittier birdhouse, which is how i see them nowadays and i think this is what sinclair sees in it and kind of the focus group. it's a brand for skaters that transition from kids comic graphics to weirdo shit possibly into becoming some sort of hesher. it's for the skater who used to ride birdhouse and thinks that's too childish now but isn't hesh enough for fosco, or even anti hero or creature, nor gangster enough for baker/deathwish and mostly interested in jumping stairs and skating rails and handicap ramps.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2021, 03:10:17 AM »
Anytime Ed/JLay/Sinclair have talked about it, no one has really said any thing other than blowing out hot air.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2021, 07:53:55 AM »
Basically he was X'd for violating the 'team code' but he was the basically the only one pushing the boundaries and he crushed it
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Miller92

• Rep: -280
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »
Anytime Ed/JLay/Sinclair have talked about it, no one has really said anything other than blowing out hot air.

would LOVE to know wtf happened.  as someone said, there was definitely something going on.

not to mention Vans dropping him at the same time before a massive video release.

yet he works for them so it couldn't have been too too bad behind the scenes. 

michael scarn

« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2021, 08:24:10 AM »
it's kinda crazy how ed is always viewed as non-conformist and stuff but has or had bible thumper dudes like harmony on the team. just shows how he is merely the curator of the artstyle and probably hasn't really picked teamriders in a while.

toy machines main problem imo, apart from the graphics and aesthetic being really bad and not have had aged well to nowadays, is that the team doesn't have a lot variety in styles anymore. it's all desert ditchtech/rails/stairs. the old videos had maldonado, b.a., bam, donny barley, satva leung, elissa. fucking kerry getz and the muska used to skate for toy. if companies are like bands, then toy around 96-98 was like the gorillaz, like a supergroup of diversely talented skaters.

if the company doesn't diversify into east coast or international riders to make their output more varied and interesting they will stay in their self chosen middle ground of wacky foundation/grittier birdhouse, which is how i see them nowadays and i think this is what sinclair sees in it and kind of the focus group. it's a brand for skaters that transition from kids comic graphics to weirdo shit possibly into becoming some sort of hesher. it's for the skater who used to ride birdhouse and thinks that's too childish now but isn't hesh enough for fosco, or even anti hero or creature, nor gangster enough for baker/deathwish and mostly interested in jumping stairs and skating rails and handicap ramps.

I like that comparison a lot.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2021, 08:37:12 AM »
What can you expect from a brand manager that works for Nike as well, and moved from having a side job, to have its primary income there.

Tum Yeto needs to change masterplan, but tbh it seems that it's been downhill for a while there.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.