Author Topic: ACE VS INDY  (Read 19360 times)

Wallienollie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: ACE VS INDY
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2021, 11:43:56 AM »
As someone who has skated both ace feel to light and not sturdy, this is show by the base plates practically shattering and the skinny hangars, The best fucking truck money can buy is standard indy 159, not that hollow bullshit. having a hefty sturdy truck under my feet that reassures i will crush through anything in the way is how to do it in my opinion. 159s, og classic 60mm and a antihero 8.5! eat everything on your fucking path AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2021, 11:45:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thunder.
[close]

funny.
[close]

Ever notice whenever truck discussion comes up THUNDERS always stand there ground?

Every single one of you backing ACE were loyal INDY4LIFE a week ago, you have no loyalty. I cant trust anything you say

Thunders.

Brand loyalty is kook shit, buy the product that is best for you at the time

logjammin

• Rep: 368
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2021, 12:13:00 PM »
Been on Ace's since '13-'14. I've tried plenty of other trucks but always come back to them, the super responsive twitchy feeling has become something I need or else my board just feels boring. I suppose if I was on Indy's I'd probably have better stability and less squirreliness overall but I need that insane turn. I will say I've had a bunch of problems with Ace's quality control but they always warranteed me pretty quick so it makes up for it. Ace for life. Shalom

TheDingus

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »
A good craftsman never blames their tools.
With that said, Ace trucks are good. So are Indy.
But a good skater should be able to step on anything and rip. Even Royals.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2021, 06:04:56 PM »
So are the new aces sick or what?

Crislerheaven

• Rep: -6
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2021, 10:29:34 PM »
As someone who has skated both ace feel to light and not sturdy, this is show by the base plates practically shattering and the skinny hangars, The best fucking truck money can buy is standard indy 159, not that hollow bullshit. having a hefty sturdy truck under my feet that reassures i will crush through anything in the way is how to do it in my opinion. 159s, og classic 60mm and a antihero 8.5! eat everything on your fucking path AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
You definitely skate exclusively transition and really like antihero huh
Edit: posted this prematurely before reading the antihero 8.5 part, giving myself a pat on the back
As soon as Nelson hears that anything is “small and intimate” he gets paranoid he’s not invited and goes crazy to get there, so he put his mind to it and got there through someone else. It turned out to be thousands of people there so when he saw Paul he said, “Small, intimate world, isn’t it?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2021, 07:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Edit: posted this prematurely before reading the antihero 8.5 part, giving myself a pat on the back

Are you implying anti hero is only transition ? I feel like their team is one of if not the most all terrain team

GooseDick69

• Rep: 2
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2021, 08:44:12 AM »
Shout all to the turtle jerky soup homies in this thread, I was having an off, shitty, lay in bed morning and yall got me mad giggling at the contrast of dudes beefin over trucks, dudes tryna talk truck, and then yall in here talking turtles n shit. I wasn't gonna skate today cause of the rain, but yall got me beamin. So imma go to the indoor today.

So anyways,

AF155s for my slappy rig cause I like the turn and they fuck curbs up. The weight makes it hard to flip and pop the board, but its not like it isn't doable. Dope as all fuck in pools/bowls until I get squirrely and eat shit.

149 forged hollows for my everything else rig, cause I'm a weight weenie and I enjoy the ease of the pop and flip. I threw some bones medium bushings, and it works for me.

My skating is mediocre at best though.
Rap, Go to the league, or do a Kickflip.

Crislerheaven

• Rep: -6
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Are you implying anti hero is only transition ? I feel like their team is one of if not the most all terrain team
Not the team but rather the fan base. Every hardcore antihero fan I’ve meet is either an SF head who’s a complete adrenaline junkie or someone who in theory subscribes to the whole cardiel “skate everything” mindset but in reality is just a washed up  transition head who’s a little too into day drinking at the local. Sorry hellriders, you know I love you.
As soon as Nelson hears that anything is “small and intimate” he gets paranoid he’s not invited and goes crazy to get there, so he put his mind to it and got there through someone else. It turned out to be thousands of people there so when he saw Paul he said, “Small, intimate world, isn’t it?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1048
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2021, 06:06:07 PM »
In the past month or so Ive received a defective set of each.

Fucking neither at the moment.

mushroom slice

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2021, 06:19:05 PM »
I got aces on my regular flippity flop board and older Indys (not sure what stage but they have the extra holes )on my push to the weed store board.
I am seriously thinking of buying those Grind Kings that have the spark plate in them just so I can start a fire and burn all of California down this summer.

manysnakes

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »

lol @ abysmal skateboard QC.

slutbang666

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2021, 07:11:55 PM »

Me too. I wish deluxe made grip so my whole rig was 100% also need 100 nate Jones dlxsf sticker.

logjammin

• Rep: 368
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2021, 07:15:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about the QC issues Xen :'( if only thunder could turn as good as Ace I'd stick with em. I never hear or read of QC issues when it comes to deluxe trucks they seem pretty solid.  Shalom

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2021, 07:48:18 PM »
Ace with no top washer and cranked 1 turn down I like them a lot

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2021, 08:41:08 PM »
Shout all to the turtle jerky soup homies in this thread, I was having an off, shitty, lay in bed morning and yall got me mad giggling at the contrast of dudes beefin over trucks, dudes tryna talk truck, and then yall in here talking turtles n shit. I wasn't gonna skate today cause of the rain, but yall got me beamin. So imma go to the indoor today.

So anyways,

AF155s for my slappy rig cause I like the turn and they fuck curbs up. The weight makes it hard to flip and pop the board, but its not like it isn't doable. Dope as all fuck in pools/bowls until I get squirrely and eat shit.

149 forged hollows for my everything else rig, cause I'm a weight weenie and I enjoy the ease of the pop and flip. I threw some bones medium bushings, and it works for me.

H
Glad we could cheer you up. How was the session? I didn’t want to skate today but you post is making me go out tonight and skate my favorite 1/4 pipe.

GooseDick69

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2021, 08:59:15 PM »
Expand Quote

So anyways,

[close]
H
Glad we could cheer you up. How was the session? I didn’t want to skate today but you post is making me go out tonight and skate my favorite 1/4 pipe.

It was actually really good! I feel like I'm getting my groove back like stella, and fought off a few years of age with the session. It was a reminder that I really gotta put in more effort if I don't want to lose anymore tricks. Working 3rds.

I hope the QP session goes well for you 🙏  getting out and skating when you really didn't want to is always a good thing. Gotta keep the fire goin n shit.
Rap, Go to the league, or do a Kickflip.

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2021, 03:30:44 AM »
Been skating ace for about 4-5 years now after trying all of the top 4 ace just seemed to suit all my needs and the af1's are a definite upgrade, indy just felt too clunky and I much prefer how ace grind and turn. What else do you need a truck to do apart from that.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2021, 06:48:52 AM »
Ace with no top washer and cranked 1 turn down I like them a lot

literally exactly this. aces are the only trucks where i made them jiggly tight as soon as i got them and they have stayed that way for the past two years now. i have never touched them or adjusted them whatsoever and now from slappies my kingpin is completely shaved down and the axels are showing. i have no problem tho because they are perfectly at my prefered tightness.

i tried doing this with indys and i would ALWAYS have stupid issues like the pivot cups fucking up or the kingpin loosening too much and popping off.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2021, 11:27:33 AM »
this thread is the Walmart version of the Ace thread in Shoes and Gear
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

bombsaway86

• Rep: 180
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2021, 10:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Not the team but rather the fan base. Every hardcore antihero fan I’ve meet is either an SF head who’s a complete adrenaline junkie or someone who in theory subscribes to the whole cardiel “skate everything” mindset but in reality is just a washed up  transition head who’s a little too into day drinking at the local. Sorry hellriders, you know I love you.

Accurate. Thanks for the laugh  ;D

Fletschinger

• Rep: 47
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2021, 10:59:09 AM »
I'm going to put a twist on this.  Anyone who rides low trucks (all 4 of us) the ace low is by far the best low truck i've owned, and i wish i got them sooner.  I get minimal wheelbite and that itself is a huge game changer.  I use the 03 ace low for 8.25, and the axles are so fucking long i can put a few washers on to make them a tad bit wider.  It's not perfect but im used to riding lows and "hoverboarding" as i'd call it.  Also, you have to grind down the kingpin a bunch, or set up some sort of rig with the grindking ones, as they must use the high truck kingpin on the lows which blows my mind.  I can honestly say i have no desire to ride any truck since i came across these.

IpathCats

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2021, 01:23:21 PM »
this thread is the Walmart version of the Ace thread in Shoes and Gear

Please don't talk shit on my beloved WalMart. If I have any brand loyalty it's to them, truly a morally superior corporation.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1161
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2021, 08:26:10 PM »
I'm going to put a twist on this.  Anyone who rides low trucks (all 4 of us) the ace low is by far the best low truck i've owned, and i wish i got them sooner.  I get minimal wheelbite and that itself is a huge game changer.  I use the 03 ace low for 8.25, and the axles are so fucking long i can put a few washers on to make them a tad bit wider.  It's not perfect but im used to riding lows and "hoverboarding" as i'd call it.  Also, you have to grind down the kingpin a bunch, or set up some sort of rig with the grindking ones, as they must use the high truck kingpin on the lows which blows my mind.  I can honestly say i have no desire to ride any truck since i came across these.

This endorsement, by this particular individual, means a lot to me.
What’s the tallest wheel you’d run with them?
Wish they came in a wider size.

Fletschinger

• Rep: 47
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2021, 08:31:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t go bigger than 50..... and yes. Wider would be nice but I think it’s a geometry issue with wider trucks being low.  More wheelbite. 2 washers on the inside axle seems to help a ton on these.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2021, 10:24:22 PM »
What i heard is ace makes your wheelbase feel shorter and indy makes it feel longer
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2021, 12:35:14 AM »
I ride both. No difference when you are having fun.
The Man From The Place Of Clay

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1048
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don’t go bigger than 50..... and yes. Wider would be nice but I think it’s a geometry issue with wider trucks being low.  More wheelbite. 2 washers on the inside axle seems to help a ton on these.

Or, get mini logos for more width. I’m an 03 fan but would run ML over them every time (I don’t ride 8” trucks anymore)

al_cvbrera

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »
Both are good. I have my Ace 44 classics on my street setup and Indy 149 hollows on my transition setup. Aces have a tighter turn just ever so slightly; which I like on my street setup. Indy's have a slightly longer wheelbase geometry but not so much so that it makes it feel like the trucks are super wide apart like a pair of Ventures, but still tight enough to make some tight turns.

Both are cool in their own right. It's all personal preference. I think Aces just look cooler because of the skinny hangar and everything. But at the end of the day, who really gives a fuck. Ride what you like, no need to pit two brands up against each other.

slappyjoes

• Rep: 46
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2021, 03:51:40 AM »
Anyone know what's the weight difference between ace 44s and indy forged titanium 149?