Did Nyjah throw the olympics?

Yes
22 (8.6%)
No
62 (24.2%)
Needed his cocaine
172 (67.2%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: UWTB Olympics thread  (Read 51879 times)

Pennybabie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
Re: UWTB Olympics thread
« Reply #570 on: July 28, 2021, 12:59:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To me, the craziest thing about the Olympics was when they just casually mentioned that the one girl from China wasn't even a skateboarder - she was literally taken from a martial arts school and told "Nope, you're a skateboarder now and you have to go to our skateboarding work camps until the olympics.". So fucked. How is that not a HUGE story right now? China straight breeding competition skaters for the Olympics is so NOT skateboarding. Gross.
[close]

I didn’t hear that in the commentary (watched on a twitch stream and muted streamer talking over commentary) but can confirm that’s how it goes down. There has been a large group of Chinese kids traveling between Southern California and China for a few years working with American & Australian coaches and some of the coaches told me exactly the same thing 

China went all in building them an indoor skate park and invested heavily in their athletes.
[close]

That's crazy to think about I'd like to know more about this I wonder what their training sessions look like.
[close]

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2018/01/08/chinas-creating-skateboarding-army/

Thanks for the article you guys were right about everything zeng wenhui was raised to be a martial artists since birth shes only been skate boarding for 4 years and is already killing it, would it be nuts to assume that china will dominate the hell out of this sport entirely some day? Or is this girl just a rare breed??

Maybe karate has something to do with her success.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To me, the craziest thing about the Olympics was when they just casually mentioned that the one girl from China wasn't even a skateboarder - she was literally taken from a martial arts school and told "Nope, you're a skateboarder now and you have to go to our skateboarding work camps until the olympics.". So fucked. How is that not a HUGE story right now? China straight breeding competition skaters for the Olympics is so NOT skateboarding. Gross.
[close]

I didn’t hear that in the commentary (watched on a twitch stream and muted streamer talking over commentary) but can confirm that’s how it goes down. There has been a large group of Chinese kids traveling between Southern California and China for a few years working with American & Australian coaches and some of the coaches told me exactly the same thing 

China went all in building them an indoor skate park and invested heavily in their athletes.
[close]

That's crazy to think about I'd like to know more about this I wonder what their training sessions look like.
[close]

[close]

They treating it like a martial art. That is wild. Olympics is gonna change skateboarding. for better or worse the shit is gonna change. Same as it ever was I guess. What a flower to bloom.

A lot of people have mentioned how fast kids have been progressing these pasts few years but this really is just the beginning.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 01:55:51 PM by Pennybabie »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #571 on: July 28, 2021, 01:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not defending it because it’s wack, but hasn’t this been a standard Olympic thing for decades. Take children with promise and structure their lives around winning gold?

Yeah, but at least they have promise in sports that they're already doing. Other countries don't just take kids and go "you're going to do this sport you've never done before". Or maybe they do IDK, the whole child athlete thing is fucking weird and shady, can't be good for most of them. Would suck to see skate camps start treating kids the same way they do in gymnastics
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #572 on: July 28, 2021, 01:09:59 PM »
Seems such a wild idea to breed kids to be olympic skateboarders when in the grand scheme of skateboarding the olympics is prety much just a blip on the radar. I guess if you're some cunt athletic trainer it might make sense though.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #573 on: July 28, 2021, 01:12:37 PM »
Might be the dumbest take I've read yet:

https://slate.com/culture/2021/07/olympic-skateboarding-why-they-fall.html

Quote from the article:

“Are the actually good skateboarders not eligible to compete?”

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #574 on: July 28, 2021, 01:15:15 PM »
Seems such a wild idea to breed kids to be olympic skateboarders when in the grand scheme of skateboarding the olympics is prety much just a blip on the radar. I guess if you're some cunt athletic trainer it might make sense though.

this is why pepole didnt want skateboarding in the olympics.

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 42
« Reply #575 on: July 28, 2021, 02:07:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That kid was working the hardest. By the final her knee was bleeding through her pants.
I was rooting for that girl. to me it seems like a coaching error to not have the little girl wearing knee pads. why not protect your athlete from getting banged up if they need to hit the clipper with 4 out of 5 bangers to drop the run scores. instead they prescribed to the built in cool-guy ideals of skating, she got a scrape and a hipper and couldnt land her final attempts. This is a sport now and If china is shamelessly breeding skaters now why do they care about fitting in to any western values? pad the little girl up in a bear suit and toss'er down the shogun where she should have stuck that 5.0 before moving over to the kickflip 5.0 attempts that were getting called wrong by the announcer. in 4 years im expecting full hip pads and shogun attemps only.

I kinda get why the adults like Margi and Aori dont wear pads because they have to be "gnar" to fit in with their Deathwish sponsors. But Aori was getting smoked and clearly too hurt to land anything at the end of this contest.

its crazy how many skaters did not have 4 scores at the end. Its hard to say Alexis performed well when she only landed two best trick attempts and couldnt drop a run score of 2.01. she really choked because the podium was reachable. zwetsloot (love that name) choked the hardest tho.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #576 on: July 28, 2021, 02:13:06 PM »

Quote from the article:

it is absolutely unfathomable to people, literally decades after Tony Hawk and the X Games and MTV and Jackass, that skating is 90% failure. Why would someone invest their lifeblood in something that's not immediately rewarding? (Also media people don't go outside)
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
« Reply #577 on: July 28, 2021, 02:46:02 PM »
Expand Quote

Quote from the article:

[close]

it is absolutely unfathomable to people, literally decades after Tony Hawk and the X Games and MTV and Jackass, that skating is 90% failure. Why would someone invest their lifeblood in something that's not immediately rewarding? (Also media people don't go outside)
The interviewer is basically asking why skaters don’t run around like trained monkeys. Wtf what an entitled ass attitude.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #578 on: July 28, 2021, 02:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Quote from the article:

[close]

[close]
The interviewer is basically asking why skaters don’t run around like trained monkeys. Wtf what an entitled ass attitude.

I have never seen someone misunderstand something so bad, like asking why Thelonious Monk keeps hitting wrong notes like that. 

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
« Reply #579 on: July 28, 2021, 02:51:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Quote from the article:

[close]

[close]
[close]

I have never seen someone misunderstand something so bad, like asking why Thelonious Monk keeps hitting wrong notes like that.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 13
« Reply #580 on: July 28, 2021, 03:18:59 PM »
I've noticed a lot of the athletes are home or heading home once their event is over to minimize spreading COVID. Wonder if they are flying back for closing ceremony or are they just scrapping that altogether. I know for most on here it's not a big deal but part of the Olympics is just being there for that.

I know this year they stay less for the COVID, but normally the people who go to the opening ceremony don’t go to the closing ceremony, unless  they participate in team sports that their tournament  take almost all the Olympics and they’re classified to finals etc.  is common that athletes in sports like track & field that is usually the last week arrive to the city in the finals days. Always been like that.

conqueso

« Reply #581 on: July 28, 2021, 03:39:35 PM »
lmao....they gave nigel the anti sex bed

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:52:35 PM by conqueso »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #582 on: July 28, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »
I know this year they stay less for the COVID, but normally the people who go to the opening ceremony don’t go to the closing ceremony, unless  they participate in team sports that their tournament  take almost all the Olympics and they’re classified to finals etc.  is common that athletes in sports like track & field that is usually the last week arrive to the city in the finals days. Always been like that.

Oh. I had no idea. I guess that puts some clarity on how Sha'Carri was able to almost participate in the Olympics after her suspension since she would have ran late in the weeks.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #583 on: July 28, 2021, 05:30:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Zengs profile said she was selected fornthe team in 2017. Imagine skating for a few years and throwing yourself down 12 stairs. It doesn’t feel right.

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/skateboarding/athlete-profile-n1423894-zeng-wenhui.htm

"Club name:
Guangdong Province [People's Republic of China]

Start:
She began the sport around age 12.

Reason:
She initially practised kung fu from age six, until 2017 when she was selected to train for skateboarding and switched to the sport.

Ambition:
To win a medal at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:43:05 PM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #584 on: July 28, 2021, 06:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Quote from the article:

[close]

[close]
[close]

It’s the tricks that they’re not doing.

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
Re: How to watch the olympics for free
« Reply #585 on: July 28, 2021, 06:53:22 PM »
Www.yoursports.stream

On the day of click the “today’s trending events” on the home page for the simplest solution.

Alternatively click the “tv” icon on the top navigation bar. Scroll down to the tv provider of your choice - there’s US and euro channels.

Shoulda said this earlier anyway tho thanks homes
[Applause]

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #586 on: July 28, 2021, 07:16:36 PM »
Trae the tank better learn shove front board and kick 5050 a 12 if he wants to compete
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 13
« Reply #587 on: July 28, 2021, 08:53:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh. I had no idea. I guess that puts some clarity on how Sha'Carri was able to almost participate in the Olympics after her suspension since she would have ran late in the weeks.

Yes! That is it. I think she’ll compete in the only in the relay because her suspension ends and normally relay is two days or the day before the closing. Marathon the morning of the closing tho.

Pennybabie

• Rep: -18
« Reply #588 on: July 29, 2021, 08:01:07 AM »

Because beds are the only place humans have sex right?   ??? :o

nickpaolucci

« Reply #589 on: July 29, 2021, 11:08:42 AM »

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/28/jagger-eaton-olympics-cardboard-bed-box-village-skateboarder/

yagger not a fan either. thought the beds really sucked

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #590 on: July 29, 2021, 05:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/28/jagger-eaton-olympics-cardboard-bed-box-village-skateboarder/

yagger not a fan either. thought the beds really sucked

These dudes never slept in a spray painted tent in the bottom of an unfinished bowl. Maybe hellride will be in the 2024 Olympics.

veritas

« Reply #591 on: July 29, 2021, 06:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Zengs profile said she was selected fornthe team in 2017. Imagine skating for a few years and throwing yourself down 12 stairs. It doesn’t feel right.

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/skateboarding/athlete-profile-n1423894-zeng-wenhui.htm
[close]

"Club name:
Guangdong Province [People's Republic of China]

Start:
She began the sport around age 12.

Reason:
She initially practised kung fu from age six, until 2017 when she was selected to train for skateboarding and switched to the sport.

Ambition:
To win a medal at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo."

How fucked up is this, like Trae the Tank but her parents get sent to labor camps if she doesn’t make the podium. China needs those medals no matter how many martial artists they have to “re-educate”

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #592 on: July 29, 2021, 10:46:18 PM »
SMH at cunts tripping on how the Chinese operate

Have you not watched a swimming competition for 30 years

Drug cheats the lot of them, their swimmers have looked like wrestlers for as long as your boy can remember
listen to cosmic psychos

chrisskates808

« Reply #593 on: July 30, 2021, 12:04:22 AM »
SMH at cunts tripping on how the Chinese operate

Have you not watched a swimming competition for 30 years

Drug cheats the lot of them, their swimmers have looked like wrestlers for as long as your boy can remember

Haven’t kept up with olympics in general so I have no idea wtf is going on

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2021, 12:11:46 AM »

This is all you need to know pretty much lmao
listen to cosmic psychos

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #595 on: July 30, 2021, 02:12:49 AM »
wait. isn't USA part of the CCP now? I thought your zombie puppet hairy legs corn pop hair sniffing paedo president was a robot controlled from China?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 02:21:20 AM by JimGeko »
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

BinkyConklinFan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #596 on: July 30, 2021, 09:34:38 AM »
I might be late to the game, but where can you even see footage of the Chinese skaters in the olympics? Every search result I get for chinese olympic skateboarding I get Japanese skateboarders. I mean that's cool and all, I just want to see it. All the info I can find is from a 4 year old Jenkem story, and footage from Shanghai X-games.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #597 on: July 30, 2021, 03:54:57 PM »
They're training in secret so nobody knows what tricks they're going to do

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1616
« Reply #598 on: July 30, 2021, 11:28:37 PM »
The Internet maybe can't tell the difference......

ANKLEROLL

• Rep: 0
Am I the only one who thinks Olympic Skateboarding should be......
« Reply #599 on: July 31, 2021, 12:14:03 AM »
I think it should be like the X-games real street contest,Parts instead of runs.You get 4 years to create a video part!!Am I the only one who thinks this is the only way a street skateboarding contest could show what street skating is about?