Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 229130 times)

Dmng

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #5130 on: June 17, 2024, 01:15:59 PM »
I’m getting some second hand suede janoski for cheap. Is it really this bad to do a quick cold washing machine on this kind of suede ? How would you wash it ?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5131 on: June 17, 2024, 10:30:13 PM »
I’m getting some second hand suede janoski for cheap. Is it really this bad to do a quick cold washing machine on this kind of suede ? How would you wash it ?
Take out the insole, throw the shoes in the washing machine and let it dry in the shadow.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 112
« Reply #5132 on: June 19, 2024, 04:15:41 PM »
Anybody try anything other than grip tape made for skating as grip? Carpet? Sandpaper? Ping pong paddle rubber side things? Astro turf? I have the itch to feel something new under my feet.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #5133 on: June 19, 2024, 04:35:24 PM »
i've been on a carpeted board (was diy'd for a dog) and it was fun for a second. wouldn't/didn't do anything serious on it, maybe a shitty slappy if memory serves

Unkle Fleak

• Rep: 32
    • Scumbari (band) avatar image
« Reply #5134 on: June 21, 2024, 03:27:31 PM »
I might've asked already.

Anyone know any alternative to shrink to fit Levi?

I don't got 80 bucks for jeans I like it it heavy raw and tight

Obijuan91

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5135 on: June 22, 2024, 06:42:40 AM »
Anybody try anything other than grip tape made for skating as grip? Carpet? Sandpaper? Ping pong paddle rubber side things? Astro turf? I have the itch to feel something new under my feet.

I tried the rubber stuff, you gotta make sure it’s not dusty or you will slip. Foot slipped off on a kick turn ate shit bad. Was done with it after that.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
« Reply #5136 on: June 22, 2024, 09:43:07 AM »

501s have always been my go to, and they are on the cheaper end of the spectrum. i haven’t bought any for a few years, so i’m used to the old $50 ish price.
i wear 4 styles of pants, carhartt b01s, dickies 874 (very rarely), levi’s 501s (almost always), and wrangler 13mwz. wranglers are different, but good.

i’ve wanted to try lee, haven’t.

Jackismydogsname

• Rep: 12
« Reply #5137 on: June 22, 2024, 09:47:59 AM »

Have you tried Wrangler 13mwz rigid? The ones you'd get at Tractor Supply, not Walmart. $30 max.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
« Reply #5138 on: June 22, 2024, 04:15:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you tried Wrangler 13mwz rigid? The ones you'd get at Tractor Supply, not Walmart. $30 max.

great point regarding the wranglers, and walmart.
i haven’t had any luck with buying clothes from walmart, even stuff like dickies felt off, when i got them there.
i don’t think walmart carries the 13mwz, but i could be wrong.
speaking of walmart, ive never tried rustlers.
old coworker gave me some ….riggs? maybe made by wrangler? not amazing, but they are lasting longer than my beloved b01s last.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5139 on: June 24, 2024, 05:09:53 PM »
What trucks did Jake Rupp skate? My friend and I are debating but can't find a truck ad on Google or in his mag collection and skate footage is super shitty

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2348
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #5140 on: June 24, 2024, 05:41:17 PM »
What trucks did Jake Rupp skate? My friend and I are debating but can't find a truck ad on Google or in his mag collection and skate footage is super shitty
He talks about getting on Krux in his CBI interview, but another photo from earlier in that same interview shows him on what appear to be Ventures.

https://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2019/06/chrome-ball-interview-130-jake-rupp.html?m=1

I dunno.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

jsettle

• Rep: 136
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5141 on: June 24, 2024, 06:18:05 PM »
 I have some Tiago 808s i have just wore as chillers and normally only skate the blazer mids. Recently knees have been killing me and everytime i wear the 808s out and about my knees instantly feel a bit better which has me thinking if i should finally give in and try skating them. Just a little nervous because i have only skated high top vulcs for the past 8 yrs or so after a bad ankle injury. Anyone have good experience switching to Tiago 808s after only skating vulcs and notice less pain in the knees? I know the boardfeel will be a huge change to get used to but im ok with that if they really do help the knees out

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5142 on: June 24, 2024, 11:59:26 PM »
I have some Tiago 808s i have just wore as chillers and normally only skate the blazer mids. Recently knees have been killing me and everytime i wear the 808s out and about my knees instantly feel a bit better which has me thinking if i should finally give in and try skating them. Just a little nervous because i have only skated high top vulcs for the past 8 yrs or so after a bad ankle injury. Anyone have good experience switching to Tiago 808s after only skating vulcs and notice less pain in the knees? I know the boardfeel will be a huge change to get used to but im ok with that if they really do help the knees out
808 are a game changer if you have any sort of knee, ankle, whatever pain.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
« Reply #5143 on: Today at 05:56:16 AM »
Can anyone tell if this board is worth something or if it’s just a cheap re-issue?  Local seller is asking $300cad for it.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5144 on: Today at 08:32:22 AM »
Can anyone tell if this board is worth something or if it’s just a cheap re-issue?  Local seller is asking $300cad for it.

Without getting too deep into the world of collecting, anything that is limited by number of boards released, certain colourways or even anything with "Special edition" somewhere on it, the price doubles depending on who is selling and then triples depending on who is buying.

If that doesn't make sense, think of it this way - a shop will usually sell a board at RRP, not much above, but also not much below, unless the board is on clearance for whatever reason, but a shop is not a collector so it will not have added value.

A collector may hold on to a board and try to resell it at a significant profit, depending on demand or even if some other collector has more need of it and is willing to part with more money to get it, but generally if no one is buying, it is not even worth what was initially paid for it.  Someone who bids against someone else on ebay can easily go way over what they initially wanted to pay for something and I know I have sold some things at well above what I would have expected to get, as well as bought things for more than I was initially wanting to pay, but I have also won auctions with no other bidders, so it all works out in the end there.

Getting back to that particular board, if you are willing to pay that much for it, sure it is worth it to you, but can you justify that board when you could have two others for the same price, of current edition reissues or just not spend the money at all and be happy to see a picture of it for free?

I have found that just saving a lot of pictures of old boards I used to have, or I liked the look of, was way cheaper in the long run, but on the other hand, some people just need to have that board in their hand, to have it on their wall, or even to get it and set it up and skate it, no matter what the age or price.

That is more just on you, but I wouldn't think that board is worth that much, just on face value.

Others might give you a different opinion though, so I guess wait and see.

* As I forgot to put in a link to more info, check out what Conflict Skates has to say about that board (sold out, but definitely NOT a special collectors piece, as far as I could see there) with good info in the lower section of that page:

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/santa-cruz--sma-natas-panther-3-skateboard-deck-105-x-30125-155-wb-blue-25677-p.asp

https://www.sk8collector.com/stoke/santa-cruz-sma-natas-panther-3-reissue-skateboard-deck-blue

Says it was from 2017, but no other info worth posting that hasn't already been seen.

« Last Edit: Today at 08:40:58 AM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Unkle Fleak

• Rep: 32
    • Scumbari (band) avatar image
« Reply #5145 on: Today at 08:37:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

great point regarding the wranglers, and walmart.
i haven’t had any luck with buying clothes from walmart, even stuff like dickies felt off, when i got them there.
i don’t think walmart carries the 13mwz, but i could be wrong.
speaking of walmart, ive never tried rustlers.
old coworker gave me some ….riggs? maybe made by wrangler? not amazing, but they are lasting longer than my beloved b01s last.

I'm checking it out now thanks y'all. It's so tough finding proper pants. I just wanna wear my body to full effect.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 910
« Reply #5146 on: Today at 08:54:56 AM »

I have four Natas reissues and they seem to go on eBay for anywhere from $150 to $350 so that's about the right price. Is it worth it? Not really. You could probably get it cheaper. Sick color way though.

Bought all mine when they came out.