Author Topic: Any hope for Bone wheels?  (Read 11029 times)

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Re: Any hope for Bone wheels?
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2022, 02:25:57 PM »
You can pry miss pissy wheels from my cold dead hands.

biaherl

• Rep: 279
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2022, 02:34:01 PM »
i was flow for bones in 2014. i was always pretty bummed on the artwork, but after they sent me some gravette wheels where the graphic was a toilet seat with his name spelled in shit and the wheel size in piss, i opted to buy spitfires instead. artwork and brand image aside, white wheels just look wrong

The V2 53mm Gravette's is the only wheel I buy. Hi I'm 50 years old and I mostly skate transition?

Who looks at wheel graphics? that's what grip tape was made for to sand off your graphic even though you're going to mount your wheels blank side out

#prayforbones

The real veganshawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM »
maybe once they stop sponsoring anti-semites and make better graphics/wheel formulas.

Who??
Cocteau Twins

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -522
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2022, 03:04:06 PM »
I had one rotten pair of f4s where one wheel shrunk down in a month and some rep on here said he take care of it and I never saw anything come from that so I just skate bones now. I’m sure f4s are great as people say but bones hasn’t done me wrong in the last 5 years so that’s what I stick with especially since I always end up getting em for free.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -522
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2022, 03:05:21 PM »
I had one rotten pair of f4s where one wheel shrunk down in a month and some rep on here said he take care of it and I never saw anything come from that so I just skate bones now. I’m sure f4s are great as people say but bones hasn’t done me wrong in the last 5 years so that’s what I stick with especially since I always end up getting em for free. I will say they have terrible graphics though. Someone gave me some hoffart wheels and it’s just a dog shitting? Had to scrape that off cause even if I flipped em I’d know it’s there.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1496
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2022, 05:39:11 PM »
Bones SPF is still my favorite park wheel. Fastest and perfect anywhere smooth concrete parks are concerned.

Bones STF is my favorite plaza style/ledge wheel.

NFG is my favorite for raw street.

F4 is my all around wheel.

My loyalty is to skating. Brand loyalty is so jock.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2022, 05:41:41 PM »
Expand Quote
maybe once they stop sponsoring anti-semites and make better graphics/wheel formulas.
[close]

Who??

sky brown

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2022, 05:49:25 PM »
Seeing as how my old ass almost exclusively skates parks, Bones are my first choice.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2022, 06:19:58 PM »
I like the feel of spitfires more. But bones v5 shape is great. Spitfire needs to push out more radial slims or something close to the v5

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2022, 06:24:52 PM »
I like the feel of spitfires more. But bones v5 shape is great. Spitfire needs to push out more radial slims or something close to the v5

It seems like they just don’t like making the radials and radial slims anymore.  Maybe no one buys them?  Bummer  because those are some of my favorite wheel shapes
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2022, 06:47:19 PM »
It's a stock of wheels everytime though
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2022, 06:53:45 PM »
SPFs are in a different category than F4s as far as park skating goes. They’re so much faster and grippier than the spits on smooth concrete that it’s like a racing tire vs a regular road tire you’d put on a car. Exactly one application, but nothing beats it for that one application.

manysnakes

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2022, 06:59:39 PM »
SPFs are in a different category than F4s as far as park skating goes. They’re so much faster and grippier than the spits on smooth concrete that it’s like a racing tire vs a regular road tire you’d put on a car. Exactly one application, but nothing beats it for that one application.

I say all the time that SPF wheels are like cheating on smooth skatepark concrete. If I were one of those guys who lived in SoCal and skated glass-smooth skateparks all day long, I doubt I'd skate anything else.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1616
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2022, 07:21:43 PM »
They have the best team and graphics…..

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2022, 07:22:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The real G’s know nfg/loophole have them both beat.  @Gray Imp Sausage Metal
[close]
yup! 56mm v-cuts is all you need
[close]

Just copped 3 pairs of the nfg v cut 56mm on sale. Best wheel I have ever skated.

6?

switchfakie

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2022, 08:38:40 PM »
this is like the android vs apple demographic. most android (bones) users only have androids because they hate apple (spitfires)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2022, 08:42:34 PM »
this is like the android vs apple demographic. most android (bones) users only have androids because they hate apple (spitfires)
Or just don't care and get whatever's cheaper. (Cheap phone=bones 100s/reds)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1270
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2022, 09:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Or just don't care and get whatever's cheaper. (Cheap phone=bones 100s/reds)
and if you actually cared about what’s cheap you’d just get the flip phone (element all terrain 52 mm) https://www.elementbrand.com/section-52mm-all-terrain-wheel-194844112019.html?istCompanyId=4eb8d26f-914f-47cc-9aa9-05bdf3db4406&istFeedId=f4978f09-3c64-41d7-871e-5188f86286ef&istItemId=pxqrqrrxa&istBid=t&gclid=CjwKCAiAxJSPBhAoEiwAeO_fPxBGWP4REVHf2hbmToDukalgaIHhg106iCCiOkgvltboPGLdUIzKNRoCtjQQAvD_BwE

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2022, 09:36:32 PM »
germany is still on the bones wave. spitfires 4s are popular but id say their run between 2005-2015 with the bones stf still holds weight here. in all honesty I haven't spent money on expensive wheels and always grab the ones I can get and ive never had flatspots since forever. I think wheels have become a lot better since ive started skating. I remember every third guy at the park rattling around with their boards after the slightest wipe out power slide.

D10S

• Rep: -69
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2022, 10:05:17 PM »
I live on top of a hill and skate down a bunch, due to traffic I have to slide a couple of times a block.
Most wheels can't take the hard slides, only Spitfire and Bones.
But Bones STF slide much better and almost never get flatspots.
Spitfires get more flatspots than Bones imo.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2022, 11:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The real G’s know nfg/loophole have them both beat.  @Gray Imp Sausage Metal
[close]
yup! 56mm v-cuts is all you need
[close]
Just copped 3 pairs of the nfg v cut 56mm on sale. Best wheel I have ever skated.
[close]
6?
AT LEAST SIX MAYBE TWELVE!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2022, 11:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It seems like they just don’t like making the radials and radial slims anymore.  Maybe no one buys them?  Bummer  because those are some of my favorite wheel shapes
what if I told you loophole squares are basically the same shape as radial slims?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2022, 11:54:15 PM »
I've seen that Bones has been making their wheels less white and more of the original urethane colour (sort of an off-white). I'm sure this is a reaction to people disliking the bright white wheels as they look like toy skateboard wheels. Wonder if this will enhance or hinder their sales. Anyone tried these new 'natural' Bones wheels?

I personally love Loopholes. Soft enough for rough surfaces, but powerslide like a dream.

I picked up a set of Bones “Heritage Roots” in 54mm and I like them so much I got a second set for later. The Bones Sidecut shape is probably closest to the Spitfire Conical I’d guess, and they’re 99A STF (Easy Streets formula?). The natural color of STF is the same as F4, but with Bones’ signature glossy finish, which wears in nicely after a ride or two. The graphic is what caught my eye, though. Not usually a fan of Bones’ art, so I grab the simple ones when they show up. They ride every bit as nice as the Spitfires (all duros), NFGs (95A), and Loopholes (101A) I’ve tried, if not better.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2022, 12:46:07 AM »
I specifically compared the 51mm Bones STF 103A V1 to the Spitfire F4 101A Classic in an indoor park with a very smooth concrete floor. The Bones were significantly and noticeably faster and the slide was also more controllable and felt better. The white also looks nice and clean once you get used to it. In a park setting STF/SPF are still plenty good. They do rattle when cruising on crappy asphalt though so I would say the F4 is the more versatile wheel.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 47
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2022, 01:49:34 AM »
for me a fresh pair of spitfire classics 51 mm. are the best. They may not last so long, but they are so good in the beginning. I have had one pair of bones over ten years ago. It's just not me and I don't like the white color and these where to hard.

manysnakes

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2022, 06:34:25 AM »
They do rattle when cruising on crappy asphalt though so I would say the F4 is the more versatile wheel.

This is the real reason why I don't like Bones. If they produce something that rivals the Spitfire 97a wheel, I would very happily skate them because I'm 41 years old and hence too old to care about how a polyurethane wheel is marketed to children.

somefucker

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2022, 06:38:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who??

paul.

see the jza paul hart nazi mega thread

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2027
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2022, 07:55:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
what if I told you loophole squares are basically the same shape as radial slims?

I'm riding a set of NFG 54mm Squares and yes, they do feel very similar to Radial Slims, just a hair thicker. They lock in so nicely, held some long nosegrinds on them.

Are they supposed to feel so hard? They feel like they sit between F4 101a and 103a. And I would love to see them in 52mm.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2022, 08:12:18 AM »
bones wheels going out of business? lol. Bones reds bearings just might be the number one skate product in terms of units sold. Maybe mob grip and jessup has it beat. the wheel program could lose money and bones would still be in business from Reds sales alone.

when the F4 dropped i remember tons of people being really skeptical because of the brown color. They scaled it back and they are less brown now than they used to be. around here Spitfire is sorta a local company and people really really like the brand, but the wheels were always kinda shitty. you could trash a set in one session. So when F4s came out people were stoked and were saying things like"i can finally ride spitfires now"

the two bones premium formulas are good wheels. F4s are also good wheels and NFGs are good wheels as well. Ojs wheels suck bad. their regular formula is just basic shit from Creative Urethane. the Elite formula is hard and slick but not in the way your mamma likes it.

speed, slide, grip, durability, how they lock into a grind... looks. Does one wheel have it all for me? not quite yet.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2022, 09:30:29 AM »
I believe wheel colors went the same road as shoe soles. we had them extra crispy white for a long time just cause we thought "hey it looks clean when its new" and now its more egg shell white / aged white because its the aesthetic we choose now. we prefer the pre aged but brand new look. makes us be more careless about using products.

I believe even some 2021 hipsters matched their all black white laces shoes with some black wheels. thats hype.