Author Topic: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark  (Read 10860 times)

bombsaway86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 180
Re: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2022, 11:44:39 PM »

i have also seen a dude in work boots, open carrying a glock, attempting rocket ollies. thats hilarious.

wonder if we saw the same guy lol

I was living in Virginia at the time. Virginia is especially psycho with their love for guns. I have no problem with gun ownership, but you look like a jackass wearing your gun in the grocery store bud

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2022, 03:09:09 AM »
The story about the older gentleman telling everyone when to drop in was really bad lol

I was at a park once and a skater I really respect from the local scene approached me and said what's up. It was super cool actually.
Chris Robert’s is bald and that’s why he wears long sleeves

dumb skate trick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2022, 05:32:54 AM »
Apparently somebody truck bashed a homeless dude that sleeps at the local diy. We kinda got the blessing to build and skate there. Bye bye diy.

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2022, 06:12:06 AM »
This one time, at skate camp… I saw a filmer put a screw driver up some kids ass

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2022, 06:18:08 AM »
So I was skating my DIY and it was me, two friends, a random older skater, and a big flock of little kids who wandered in just running around. After a few close run ins, me and my friends politely convinced the kids to go play on the playground just outside, but as they were walking out the fourth random dude decides to be tough and yells “YEAH, AND STAY OUT!”

Of course, seeing that kinda reaction made the kids change their minds and become MORE antagonistic. After awhile the older guy cussed out the kids and they ran off to go tell their dad or something. Before we know it, like 8 dudes come stomping in to the park and the lone guy confronts them all and starts screaming about how he’s a “Sargent” and how they have to respect him. There was a moment where it seemed like both the lone guy and the 8 others assumed me and my friends would have his back to which we quickly made clear he was not with us. At one point the “sargent” said he was gonna call in some back up to which I saw him pretending to call people when he was actually just on Google.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2022, 11:26:18 AM »
So I was skating my DIY and it was me, two friends, a random older skater, and a big flock of little kids who wandered in just running around. After a few close run ins, me and my friends politely convinced the kids to go play on the playground just outside, but as they were walking out the fourth random dude decides to be tough and yells “YEAH, AND STAY OUT!”

Of course, seeing that kinda reaction made the kids change their minds and become MORE antagonistic. After awhile the older guy cussed out the kids and they ran off to go tell their dad or something. Before we know it, like 8 dudes come stomping in to the park and the lone guy confronts them all and starts screaming about how he’s a “Sargent” and how they have to respect him. There was a moment where it seemed like both the lone guy and the 8 others assumed me and my friends would have his back to which we quickly made clear he was not with us. At one point the “sargent” said he was gonna call in some back up to which I saw him pretending to call people when he was actually just on Google.

Don't leave us hanging. How did it end?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2022, 11:34:49 AM »
I don't "skate park"

trashparty

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2022, 11:53:08 AM »
Expand Quote

i have also seen a dude in work boots, open carrying a glock, attempting rocket ollies. thats hilarious.

wonder if we saw the same guy lol
[close]

I was living in Virginia at the time. Virginia is especially psycho with their love for guns. I have no problem with gun ownership, but you look like a jackass wearing your gun in the grocery store bud

Gotcha. I was on a skate trip thru Idaho when i encountered my guy. prolly not the same lad, still funny tho we have seen basically the same person. The U.S is fucking wild.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2022, 12:02:35 PM »

Elephants show up to the park was pretty cringe, elephants cant skate

aŕáâäćăĺ

• Rep: -2
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2022, 03:56:25 PM »
Bear wandered around the park one day and I stood to the side watching it by myself. He “hid” himself behind the mega-mini ramp and was out of sight.

Someone pulls up, parks adjacent to the feature with the invisible predatory animal, and gets out.

The sadistic part of me didn’t want to say anything from afar and the rational part of me justified it as an   ethnological experiment. The human part of me ended up quickly warning him.

He left without skating.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2022, 05:57:05 PM »
some people (non skaters) have started living at the park in their vehicles.  plugging their van/trailer setups to the park power with extension cords and fully running AC window units, tvs etc.  This could get all the power and lights shut down by the city if it keeps up.  Magically found about a dozen needles on the ground near where they were set up.  one guy has an emaciated, obviously physically abused dog that he lets roam around to search for food, cause hes not feeding it himself.   about to be very not chill. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

trashparty

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2022, 07:00:30 PM »
some people (non skaters) have started living at the park in their vehicles.  plugging their van/trailer setups to the park power with extension cords and fully running AC window units, tvs etc.  This could get all the power and lights shut down by the city if it keeps up.  Magically found about a dozen needles on the ground near where they were set up.  one guy has an emaciated, obviously physically abused dog that he lets roam around to search for food, cause hes not feeding it himself.   about to be very not chill.

this isnt cringe, just plain sad :(

somefucker

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2022, 03:53:18 AM »
sandals and socks on a fresh complete trying to learn 50-50s

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2022, 04:11:27 AM »
I don't get easily annoyed so I'll let it most of it slip.
But I can't stand littering at the park.

But the absolute most cringey thing I went through just recently was this slutty mom and her kid walking up to me after I rolled around the park asking me: "Why do you guys hang around here when you have no kids with you?" implying that me and a friend were not welcome, and had no reason to be there ...

I just replied with: "I skate, it's a FUCKING skatepark, that's why."

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2022, 05:11:35 AM »
I once saw a scooter kid with an iPad strapped to his handlebars. He was watching Peppa Pig during his runs.
I have to admit that I was quite impressed

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2022, 05:18:11 AM »

But the absolute most cringey thing I went through just recently was this slutty mom and her kid walking up to me after I rolled around the park asking me: "Why do you guys hang around here when you have no kids with you?" implying that me and a friend were not welcome, and had no reason to be there ...

This has been an ongoing issue for the last ten years at least (altho obviously I'm always getting older so there's probably a relation there) and I feel like children winning the Olympics could only have made this worse

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2022, 05:23:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This has been an ongoing issue for the last ten years at least (altho obviously I'm always getting older so there's probably a relation there) and I feel like children winning the Olympics could only have made this worse

I'm afraid you're right :(

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2022, 05:47:58 AM »
the last time i went to lynch in the morning some guy on arrival asks me why I skate. "For competition? or just for fun?". And then immediately challenged me to a game of skate

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2022, 05:58:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't leave us hanging. How did it end?

They basically kept screaming back and forth and after calling his "back up" he finally left. A little anticlimactic, but afterward there was a nice moment between the 8 guys and us remaining skaters where we kinda laughed it off and tried figuring out what the hell had just happened.

somefucker

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2022, 06:00:13 AM »
the last time i went to lynch in the morning some guy on arrival asks me why I skate. "For competition? or just for fun?". And then immediately challenged me to a game of skate

pokemon battle music

Magnolia

• Rep: 487
  • She/They
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2022, 06:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pokemon battle music
I like big boys! They're comfortable and easy to wear!
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2348
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2022, 07:11:27 AM »
When he asked, did he phrase the “or just for fun” part of his question in a mocking, derisive tone? Was he goading you into the challenge?
Moreover, did you take the bait?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 08:42:05 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2022, 08:17:23 AM »
I once saw a scooter kid with an iPad strapped to his handlebars. He was watching Peppa Pig during his runs.
I have to admit that I was quite impressed

careful you don't slip out. kid is fucking drippin.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 180
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

pokemon battle music
[close]

I laughed way too hard at this @somefucker @notthecars

IpathCats

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2022, 01:09:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

pokemon battle music
[close]

More of a shorts guy myself.

thebacker

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2022, 01:18:40 PM »
any time spent at paines park is cringe

splash zone is the cringest of them all though

Yu Dum

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2022, 01:46:36 PM »
I've seen tons of kooky shit going down here, but the worst, in my opinion, is the fuckers who bring their 40lb RC cars to the park when it's at its busiest. Constantly cutting people off, coming way too close to causing severe injuries, etc. Just in general not giving a fuck about anyone but themselves.
Few weeks ago, same dude shows up to the new-ish park here, sees that it's packed to hell with people skating and children being children, and proceeds to start tearing around the park like no one is there. He ended up cutting off a buddy of mine, nearly caused him to fall face first into a rail. My buddy, who is generally a quiet and mild mannered dude, finally has enough and says something to the guy. Words were exchanged and I assumed that would be the end of it until minutes later I hear "Oh shit!" and see them going at it on the other end of the park.
My buddy gets a few good licks in and tries to grapple dude to the ground and just diffuse the situation, but RC dude isn't have it and proceeds to try to pull a gun. RC dickhead's girl runs over and snatches the gun from him while roughly 30 of us crowd around to make sure nothing escalates. Dude finally breaks away from my homie and starts yelling some bullshit about how we're all a bunch of pussies and whatnot.
Situation ends with all of us forming what is essentially a giant wall of people and running them out of the park. Haven't seen them since and hope they learned their lesson.
Sorry for the longwinded story.

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 29
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2022, 01:54:20 PM »
I think it was last night when the 45+ adult man on a RAZOR scooter called me a kook for standing in his way while he was doing fly-outs of the mini-bowl.

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2022, 02:08:22 PM »
for a real answer i'll say when skaters break out into tears over someone waxing the flat bar, it's not just the action itself but the people who perform the action as It's never some dude trying to learn fs feebles or back lip slides that complain because i'd understand it.. It's the guys who have been skating for years and do NOTHING but one foot long boardslides and bs feebles over and over again.

Sorry bud but just because you are a pussy and have bad balance doesn't mean i shouldn't wax the flat bar.. I want to bs smith the whole rail smoothly, not go faster and do a ugly ass smith because i'm forcing it to slide, i want to bs nose blunt the rail, do you know how much fucking friction that trick causes? No you don't because your a scared fucking pussy scared of a little wax.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 02:17:55 PM by bssmithslide »

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2022, 02:10:09 PM »
I think it was last night when the 45+ adult man on a RAZOR scooter called me a kook for standing in his way while he was doing fly-outs of the mini-bowl.

Hmn sucks, but imagine someone younger and not into skating that much, maybe into bmx getting called kook by an aging you because they sit on the lowest ledge or standing next to a waxed curb in the park that you try to smash your oldschool setup against, trying to learn slappy.

Moral: every action in a skatepark is already pretty embarrassing past the age of 18, no matter which sport or what angle looked at. So just never be in the way