Author Topic: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark  (Read 10859 times)

bssmithslide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2022, 02:31:46 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it was last night when the 45+ adult man on a RAZOR scooter called me a kook for standing in his way while he was doing fly-outs of the mini-bowl.
[close]

Hmn sucks, but imagine someone younger and not into skating that much, maybe into bmx getting called kook by an aging you because they sit on the lowest ledge or standing next to a waxed curb in the park that you try to smash your oldschool setup against, trying to learn slappy.

Moral: every action in a skatepark is already pretty embarrassing past the age of 18, no matter which sport or what angle looked at. So just never be in the way

what's embarrassing about that? The only thing embarrassing here is you not realizing you've been brain washed and manipulated into thinking the way you do. Why is every action at the skatepark past the age of 18 embarrassin? Because someone told you so?

Pathetic

bombsaway86

• Rep: 180
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2022, 02:44:27 PM »
I've seen tons of kooky shit going down here, but the worst, in my opinion, is the fuckers who bring their 40lb RC cars to the park when it's at its busiest. Constantly cutting people off, coming way too close to causing severe injuries, etc. Just in general not giving a fuck about anyone but themselves.
Few weeks ago, same dude shows up to the new-ish park here, sees that it's packed to hell with people skating and children being children, and proceeds to start tearing around the park like no one is there. He ended up cutting off a buddy of mine, nearly caused him to fall face first into a rail. My buddy, who is generally a quiet and mild mannered dude, finally has enough and says something to the guy. Words were exchanged and I assumed that would be the end of it until minutes later I hear "Oh shit!" and see them going at it on the other end of the park.
My buddy gets a few good licks in and tries to grapple dude to the ground and just diffuse the situation, but RC dude isn't have it and proceeds to try to pull a gun. RC dickhead's girl runs over and snatches the gun from him while roughly 30 of us crowd around to make sure nothing escalates. Dude finally breaks away from my homie and starts yelling some bullshit about how we're all a bunch of pussies and whatnot.
Situation ends with all of us forming what is essentially a giant wall of people and running them out of the park. Haven't seen them since and hope they learned their lesson.
Sorry for the longwinded story.

RC car guy at the park drove in front of my buddy. My buddy gave the guy a look like fuck off with that. Next time it happened my buddy intentionally ran into the car and destroyed it. RC car guy looked like he was going to cry and then left without saying a word. Dude was probably in his mid 30s ha ha

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2022, 03:09:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it was last night when the 45+ adult man on a RAZOR scooter called me a kook for standing in his way while he was doing fly-outs of the mini-bowl.
[close]

Hmn sucks, but imagine someone younger and not into skating that much, maybe into bmx getting called kook by an aging you because they sit on the lowest ledge or standing next to a waxed curb in the park that you try to smash your oldschool setup against, trying to learn slappy.

Moral: every action in a skatepark is already pretty embarrassing past the age of 18, no matter which sport or what angle looked at. So just never be in the way
[close]

what's embarrassing about that? The only thing embarrassing here is you not realizing you've been brain washed and manipulated into thinking the way you do. Why is every action at the skatepark past the age of 18 embarrassin? Because someone told you so?

Pathetic

I have 20 years of experience hanging at the skatepark a few times per week past the age of 18 now.
And you?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2022, 06:02:20 PM »

Dudes trying to get rad in the park. You’re in the way. If he called you a kook without asking you nicely to move first, he’s an asshole. If he did, and you didn’t move, you’re a kook.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2022, 06:04:43 PM »
I once saw a scooter kid with an iPad strapped to his handlebars. He was watching Peppa Pig during his runs.
I have to admit that I was quite impressed

Whatever gets you hyped.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

bssmithslide

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2022, 06:32:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pathetic
[close]

I have 20 years of experience hanging at the skatepark a few times per week past the age of 18 now.
And you?

must have sucked living your prime years embarrassed of yourself

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2022, 06:36:27 PM »
This happened a couple days ago. This kook in a beat up Blake Griffin Clippers jersey was running from one of the park to get speed to nosemanny this relatively long but low manny pad and have his buddy try to film it. He kept getting in the way of people and not getting close. On one attempt he runs up and was about to throw down but he got in the way of a roller skater chick about to drop in. He flips and the girls starts teasing him about "you should have asked" then he yells out "I DONT HAVE TO ASK, IM AT A SKATE PARK" which was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. To make a long story short he never got the trick. The roller skater chick keep talking shit to him cuz he was still getting in peoples way. The funniest thing was this random dude kept yelling "Let's go Griffin".

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2022, 08:16:35 PM »
Dudes making skateboard how to videos. There’s this one dude who makes how to vids for YT (that I won’t post here out of respect) and it throws off the whole vibe of the park. To be fair, he’s super respectful and his content isn’t half bad, but maybe choosing to film while the park is crowded af isn’t the best move pal

trashparty

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2022, 08:22:28 PM »
yo i know my first two stories were pretty good but this shit just happened this afternoon and i have to put it here... it tops my first stories and is def worth reading

This dude pulls up with a drone, like the nice fancy phantom one, or whatever all the youtube bros have. As of now im just kinda like meh, not the first time ive seen a drone guy at the skatepark getting arial park footy for his youtube montage or whatever. His homie then pulls up with a skateboard drinking an xtra large monster, he then proceeds to fire the drone up and fly around away from the park while his homie rips. all is good no worries at all.

His homie finishes warming up by doing nothing but non popped bs noseslides on every feature he can in the park, he lets drone guy know that hes ready for footage time, this is when all hell breaks loose.

drone homie starts flying the drone very poorly within 10 feet of noseslide guy as he does laps thru the park, straight drone follow camming, the drone nearly smacked me in the face as i was just standing to drop into a quarter pipe to get speed for a feature. Everyone kinda takes notice of how dangerous / careless this is, but no one really says anything because we were all too captivated by the idiotic activity taking place.

meanwhile, me and my homie move to the other end of the park to skate the mini, cuz were not trynna get drone fucked mid skate.

after about 4-5 minutes of the drone follow cam, I hear a loud SMACK followed by the tears of a child.....

yep, you guessed it. Drone homie flew his shit straight into the face of one of the older local skaters i know son. We turned to see the kid on the ground grabbing above his eye crying. He's bleeding too, nothing crazy, but nobody likes to see a 10 year old bleeding out of their face. he also bashed his elbow up pretty good too.

Me and my homie immediately skate over and make sure little dude is ok and call his pops (i have his #). On top of being smacked in the face by a heavy ass drone, he also fell down the hip and thats what caused his face to split open. he had scratches too from what i assumed was the propellers. he took it very well, and my homie got him water/bandaids/icecream from the corner store

Meanwhile drone guy and his homie are literally just standing in the middle of the park making sure the drone is ok, no apology or anything of that nature, not even a sorry. they just walked over to a bench, fiddling with the drone, cursing.

as they sit on the bench gathering their shit/drinking monster, drone homie starts laughing about the incident / making jokes to the skater, and some of the locals/myself take notice of this and aren't cool with it. We decide to go confront the dude as a group and let him know how much of a fucking prick he is, and that if we ever see him here again, were gonna cave his skull/drone in, unless he goes and apologizes to the kid.

this is when little dudes dad shows up, who is pretty well respected within our scene, guy used to rip. luckily drone guy gave a half assed apology to the kid and his dad and fucked off so nothing had to escalate.

anticlimactic ending, i know. but still a VERY cringe incident. drone guy also was wearing flip flops, and was well into his 30's, he also drove a lime green jeep .

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 08:34:13 PM by trashparty »

trashparty

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2022, 08:24:18 PM »
i am never coming to the park past 2pm again

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2022, 08:31:27 PM »
Dudes making skateboard how to videos. There’s this one dude who makes how to vids for YT (that I won’t post here out of respect) and it throws off the whole vibe of the park. To be fair, he’s super respectful and his content isn’t half bad, but maybe choosing to film while the park is crowded af isn’t the best move pal

Is it the guy who puts masking tape on the ramps in his videos? He does a great job teaching to be honest, but as soon as I saw the tape in the video, I was thinking how cringe it might be to be there while he's filming.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

switchfakie

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2022, 08:40:01 PM »
everything that happens at any prefab park

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2022, 09:27:26 PM »
There were some kids running around in gilley suits with fake guns and real machetes. They were like stalking around and i guess they told a few people at the park that they were going to kill them. Eventually, someone called the cops and the kids were put in the back of a squad car bawling their eyes out.

I'll give a shoutout to the random motherfuckers doing their thing and cruising the park at 7 am on unicycles (or the even rarer pogo stick). It looks hilarious but they go out of their way to bother no one and do their thing. RC guys can get fucked though, should be a rule that you can stomp the thing to smithereens without any repercussions.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2022, 10:48:45 PM »
for a real answer i'll say when skaters break out into tears over someone waxing the flat bar, it's not just the action itself but the people who perform the action as It's never some dude trying to learn fs feebles or back lip slides that complain because i'd understand it.. It's the guys who have been skating for years and do NOTHING but one foot long boardslides and bs feebles over and over again.

Sorry bud but just because you are a pussy and have bad balance doesn't mean i shouldn't wax the flat bar.. I want to bs smith the whole rail smoothly, not go faster and do a ugly ass smith because i'm forcing it to slide, i want to bs nose blunt the rail, do you know how much fucking friction that trick causes? No you don't because your a scared fucking pussy scared of a little wax.

maybe you're just scared of going fast
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

bssmithslide

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2022, 12:27:48 AM »
Expand Quote
for a real answer i'll say when skaters break out into tears over someone waxing the flat bar, it's not just the action itself but the people who perform the action as It's never some dude trying to learn fs feebles or back lip slides that complain because i'd understand it.. It's the guys who have been skating for years and do NOTHING but one foot long boardslides and bs feebles over and over again.

Sorry bud but just because you are a pussy and have bad balance doesn't mean i shouldn't wax the flat bar.. I want to bs smith the whole rail smoothly, not go faster and do a ugly ass smith because i'm forcing it to slide, i want to bs nose blunt the rail, do you know how much fucking friction that trick causes? No you don't because your a scared fucking pussy scared of a little wax.
[close]

I go fast, if you continue skating long enough you'll realize going faster is much safer, the more forward momentum you have the less likely you are to ever slip backwards and even if you get unlucky you are much more likely to clear the rail before you land.

In all honestly i wish the go faster people kept that same energy ON the rail.. Wow big tough guy is able to go fast on the flat ground before the rail but too scared to go fast on the rail?

Il end this with one last tip, all of the stylish skaters people love to watch have one thing in common, they land their tricks with the SAME speed they pop them. Nobody will ever enjoy watching you hit the rail as your upper body jolts itself to compensate for the instant loss of speed followed by riding away at the speed of someone who is actually scared of going fast.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2022, 12:52:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I go fast, if you continue skating long enough you'll realize going faster is much safer, the more forward momentum you have the less likely you are to ever slip backwards and even if you get unlucky you are much more likely to clear the rail before you land.

In all honestly i wish the go faster people kept that same energy ON the rail.. Wow big tough guy is able to go fast on the flat ground before the rail but too scared to go fast on the rail?

Il end this with one last tip, all of the stylish skaters people love to watch have one thing in common, they land their tricks with the SAME speed they pop them. Nobody will ever enjoy watching you hit the rail as your upper body jolts itself to compensate for the instant loss of speed followed by riding away at the speed of someone who is actually scared of going fast.

Ay’all we found the best skater on the bloards careful on the flat bar tho
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2022, 01:15:10 AM »
Skating in rough-turned-gentrified neighborhood skateparks in SoCal and OG locs trying to vibe and tough guy you, while they are basically getting drunk by themselves or a few guys who still drink at a park all day doing nothing. Little kids making fun of you and the way you dress and how you skate, then seeing them the next day or whatever and theyre totally biting your stee (or they possibly just watched guy’s part in mouse or some old girl/chocolate vids for inspiration from the “golden age of street skateboarding.”) Bowl trolls and OG washed up pros and industry guys milking it and being extremely bitter toward every single person they do not know well. I love skateboarding, but I really dislike the politics involved with companies and unqualified skaters and business sharks put into high risk management situations

comicbookguy

• Rep: -53
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2022, 03:03:17 AM »

Focus yourself kook.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2022, 03:10:20 AM »
i am never coming to the park past 2pm again

8.45 - 9.30am mini session is life.

bssmithslide

« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2022, 03:43:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Focus yourself kook.

if you can get two more people to tell me to i'll do it on instagram live.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2022, 03:46:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Focus yourself kook.
[close]

if you can get two more people to tell me to i'll do it on instagram live.

Don't do it.

Me saying don't cancels out him saying do it, so now you need three more people to tell you.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2022, 06:19:31 AM »
grown men fighting over free product reserved for the kids. it should be a age limit for shit like this. Bum behavior

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2022, 06:20:55 AM »
I was skating a prefab park in Kirksville, Missouri by myself and just as I was leaving, an Oldsmobile full of Juggalos pulled up. Multicolored dreads, face paint, hockey jerseys, the whole nine. I tried to hang around a lil bit to see some action but it was obvious I was already leaving as they got there, so I picked up my jaw and drove off before I got caught gawking at these devout disciples of Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2022, 08:17:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

too easy lol do you really think i read any of that
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -328
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2022, 08:29:37 AM »

Hard agree. The "just go faster, man" people usually are NOT trying hard tricks or even going fast themselves. They tend to not understand friction either.

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 29
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2022, 08:29:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dudes trying to get rad in the park. You’re in the way. If he called you a kook without asking you nicely to move first, he’s an asshole. If he did, and you didn’t move, you’re a kook.

Haha, he definitely didn't ask me to move out of the way.  He decided to come at me full speed and get as close as possible, even though he had plenty of space on either side of me.  He also growled at me like a rabid dog and then scooted over to a group of teenage kids to bum a cigarette, lol.

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2022, 01:24:20 PM »
Maybe youre overthinking it and probably should just let it go and have fun on a skateboard. I might be a hypocrite for saying this, and I agree that I have been that guy whose too lazy to go to the store and grab a pack of smokes to just bum a cig and play skate with the locals, but its basically like going to your local rec center, playing street basketball and shooting the shit with everyone, without no ill will. Idk thats my perspective to a skatepark. No one is pro, and if they are, who cares and maybe try to have a bit of etiquette and respect for a spot. Clean up after yourselves and fix the spot if ya can too for the rest of the community

hameesvx

• Rep: 0
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram ! avatar image
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2022, 01:32:36 PM »
if youtube counts as the skatepark the new dumb data and joa "beef" is pretty cringe

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2022, 03:58:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hard agree. The "just go faster, man" people usually are NOT trying hard tricks or even going fast themselves. They tend to not understand friction either.

i’m definitely not Wax Man and i suck too bad to try any real tricks on a flat bar but when the rollerbladers were waxing the fuck out the long one at the diy the other week i almost said something
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2022, 04:09:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is it the guy who puts masking tape on the ramps in his videos? He does a great job teaching to be honest, but as soon as I saw the tape in the video, I was thinking how cringe it might be to be there while he's filming.

Actually yeah you hit the nail on the head haha that’s exactly who I’m referring to. You’re completely right, great dude and great teacher, but it really sucks to lose a portion of the park to this dude filming how to do knee slides when bailing a trick on flat ground (that’s for the kids who rock full pads trying to ollie up curbs I guess)