Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 62133 times)

Punished Skateboards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61

waffle

• Rep: 128
Expand Quote
To the person spamming that Twitter link: A Twitter post is about as far as you can get from, “recent research.” Posting it as such probably has the opposite effect of your intention.
[close]

Anyone with a cycle or taking estrogen can lactate even if they're not pregnant. There are a lot of hormone-mimicking drugs, one of them being domperidone, which is commonly prescribed for nausea and has lactation as a side effect. It's not a "recent" discovery or a cutting-edge treatment; it's basic biology.

Really not trying to take a stand here on the topic of lactating, my point is posting a Twitter link with text or a post in a skateboard forum means nothing.

Recent research shows, “Evidence for use of domperidone to augment lactation is not compelling.”
https://bjgp.org/content/67/662/408

My point here is that if you just go around posting stuff as fact, and then get disproved later, people will ignore you/your argument in its entirety.

Again, not saying the lactating does or does not occur, I don’t care, just saying posting a Twitter link of a video does fuck all. Holds the sane validity as an Alex Jones video about humanoid pigs.

skunty

• Rep: 76
https://mobile.twitter.com/Timcast

Just found out recently that Tim Pool skates. Or skated at least. Saw an interview from a few weeks ago where he said for the last couple years he's been more into roller blading than skateboarding.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
^ News commentator that just parrots standard right wing talking points on youtube while claiming to be a true 'liberal'

I hate that Tim Pool used to be a competent skateboarder lol. Guess grifting turned out to be far more lucrative.
Love how this chick is just getting absolutely flamed lmao

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
'Pros privately complaining about what's going on'.

Nothing is 'going on' besides this tic-tacking delusion on wheels, you opportunistic dork.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1454
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To the person spamming that Twitter link: A Twitter post is about as far as you can get from, “recent research.” Posting it as such probably has the opposite effect of your intention.
[close]

Anyone with a cycle or taking estrogen can lactate even if they're not pregnant. There are a lot of hormone-mimicking drugs, one of them being domperidone, which is commonly prescribed for nausea and has lactation as a side effect. It's not a "recent" discovery or a cutting-edge treatment; it's basic biology.
[close]

Really not trying to take a stand here on the topic of lactating, my point is posting a Twitter link with text or a post in a skateboard forum means nothing.

Recent research shows, “Evidence for use of domperidone to augment lactation is not compelling.”

My point here is that if you just go around posting stuff as fact, and then get disproved later, people will ignore you/your argument in its entirety.

Again, not saying the lactating does or does not occur, I don’t care, just saying posting a Twitter link of a video does fuck all. Holds the sane validity as an Alex Jones video about humanoid pigs.

Wow, you pulled ONE study out of your asshole which says what you wish, congrats. I've literally been on the drug and lactated even though I wasn't preggo, and it's commonly known to induce lactation. But thank you mister internet man, I guess that wasn't milk coming out of my boobs. It was my stupid broad self drolling on my chest because I'm a woman and therefore in a perpetual state of hysteria. I need a man to explain to me how this didn't actually happen, thank you.

I totally don't care too, even though I just wrote all of this. So that makes two of us totally not caring, because we're both so cool and disaffected.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Initially read this as "Dompierredon"

orionskate

• Rep: -14

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
She’s a kook but she’s not wrong.  We don’t hold women’s skateboarding to the same standards as men’s skateboarding because it would be unfair.  Just like every other sport on the planet.  Trans women have the same physiology as men and nothing will ever change that. Not hormones. Not surgery. Nothing.  Call me transphobic or tell me who has a better kickflip than me (because that’s the only argument any of you have).  But at the end of the day her point still stands

waffle

• Rep: 128
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wow, you pulled ONE study out of your asshole which says what you wish, congrats. I've literally been on the drug and lactated even though I wasn't preggo, and it's commonly known to induce lactation. But thank you mister internet man, I guess that wasn't milk coming out of my boobs. It was my stupid broad self drolling on my chest because I'm a woman and therefore in a perpetual state of hysteria. I need a man to explain to me how this didn't actually happen, thank you.

I totally don't care too, even though I just wrote all of this. So that makes two of us totally not caring, because we're both so cool and disaffected.

Maybe your experience is different and you’ve successfully lactated and breastfed kids. That’s great! Or maybe you haven’t. Either is fine.

I don’t care about *the drug* in question. My point is about posting Twitter links as research. The posted link just so happens to be about lactation. Twitter links to images with text is not research and will sway nobody. Someone reading the first result on Google scholar (the link I posted) will just dismiss you for the laziness. My point to the Twitter poster is that they should spend time citing more compelling evidence if their goal is to sway others.  Spamming an image in a Twitter post, regardless of the subject of that post, won’t do anything.

I have no idea what you’re on about in the second-half of your response, lol. I’ll say that it definitely doesn’t come off as well-measured emotionally. The study actually doesn’t deny the claim as you seem to think it does, and I’m making zero claims as to the efficacy of (or your response to) the drug. Medical stuff sucks in general, so I sincerely hope you’ve gotten the desired effect from your treatment with zero side-effects.

Not sure what’s going on with your last few sentences there.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -229
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Taylor wouldn’t have her ”problem” if the contest did not take place in a Western country.

Especially if it took place somewhere in the Middle East or China.

Thank goodness we live in the United States, which is more tolerant than most countries.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Deputy Wendell

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
serious Q
do you think a male skater could ever successfully "juwanna mann" a women's skate comp

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
serious Q
do you think a male skater could ever successfully "juwanna mann" a women's skate comp

Ask Jordan Richter, I think he was planning to try. 😂

scary

• Rep: -7
Redbull has the golden oppurtunity to stand for something and ban this pos from future contests. Im sick and tired of 15 year olds who are so insecure that they fall into the right wing rabbithole and become edgelords.  Free palestine

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Assholes here talkin like Leo Baker could beat Nyjah in street league.

The best woman skater  as "Fadinha"..cant touch even the average male skater...its nature.

Its not a transphobic thing...

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
Redbull has the golden oppurtunity to stand for something and ban this pos from future contests. Im sick and tired of 15 year olds who are so insecure that they fall into the right wing rabbithole and become edgelords.  Free palestine

I don’t know that an LGBT community would fare very well in Palestine.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1410
Assholes here talkin like Leo Baker could beat Nyjah in street league.

The best woman skater  as "Fadinha"..cant touch even the average male skater...its nature.

Its not a transphobic thing...

buttchin

• Rep: 18
It seems like women and men still cannot be inclusive and gender roles still negatively effect society. What happened to including non-binary folks in the picture more and taking an L for a contest, and then practicing more to try and win nextime rather than showing unnecessary  sportmanship/sportswomenship? If we are using these pronouns correctly. And I am not being sarcastic, this is truly an issue that is so far-fetched and leads to violence and unnecessary hatred over misunderstood gender and lgtbqia+ concepts

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 221
  • often correct
hey what's up my name is swithflip and here's some of the most willfully ignorant garbage you'll ever read on this website

buttchin

hey what's up my name is swithflip and here's some of the most willfully ignorant garbage you'll ever read on this website

To each their own gnarblade

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
She is right... she has 10 percent testo of a trans...in sports its a fucking problem.

companguero

• Rep: 259
  • sesquipedalian
Can a man breastfeed?
Google offers John Steinbeck's famous novel as reference to the subject matter but I felt the question needed further emphasis... Can a man breastfeed?

Luckily I found a single scientific article with a plainly worded abstract , click image to follow link

Fascinating stuff despite the controversy here.

Thankfully, Taylor's attempt to publicly press RedBull has incurred the "grapes of wrath" and will find this vintage aged like spoiled milk.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
I thought this article was informative.  It's about the swimmer Lia Thomas and her performance pre and post transitioning, and the effects of HRT on someone's body.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/lia-thomas-trans-swimmer-data-b2049615.html

marty mcfly

how many of you went skating today?
just curious!

buttchin

She is right... she has 10 percent testo of a trans...in sports its a fucking problem.

That is taken out of context. Sometimes transitioning women are still taking tons and tons of estrogen while skating. Id like to see cis men on tons of estrogen and transition women taking all the testosterone supplements and talk all that jazz about testosterone and being defensive. Most cis men and women do not understand the struggles transitioning and openly out and free trans and non-binary humans face

EDIT: The Owner and mods are fucking with my algorithm please regulate and ban all far-right groups from skateboarding please and thank you mods

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
just curious!

I did. It was a lovely morning.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Deputy Wendell

just curious!

i was actually going to film a few things at a 12-stair near me, but i had to go to work