Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 62132 times)

marty mcfly

Expand Quote
how many of you went skating today?
just curious!
[close]

I did. It was a lovely morning.

nice!!!me too!couple shinners because I tried switch Bigflips,but what ever!every day on the board and not only in front of a keyboard is a win!

manysnakes

just curious!

Rained all morning, but it has been dry since noon and I'm off at 5. Gotta decide whether to ride or skate, though.

marty mcfly

Expand Quote
just curious!
[close]

i was actually going to film a few things at a 12-stair near me, but i had to go to work

Skating a 12 stair before work??holy ...!
I miss being young!

Magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 477
  • She/They
Ok here's an elegant solution for everyone. People that don't want to compete against trans skaters can have their own 'cissy heats' and then we pelt them with rocks
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
She is right... she has 10 percent testo of a trans...in sports its a fucking problem.

then tell me how a little boy whose balls just dropped and has less testosterone and less muscle can compete against a 20 something year old man and still win?

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 58
Slap is amazing.  Reverse snowflake-ism. Sounds like a dope trick tho.   

I am certain that if Nyjah transitions this would be a different conversation.  Hell, Nyjah competing in mens is already a problem because he’s a mutant.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

passtheish

• Rep: 6
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
clearly there are differences, trans men aren't having babies anytime soon. people need to stop being so quick with the slurs. competitive sports aren't my thing but can empathize with the frustrations of the trans and non-trans athletes here. clearly there's some growing pains for these things to figure out and i don't think either side being dicks is helpful.
[close]
A. Trans men can and do get pregnant and give birth (I'm guessing you just got the terminology mixed up but lol.)
B. I don't give a shit what whiny cis people think.
C. The only people being dicks here are transphobes.
[close]

You, sir, Must be a moron.
[close]

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1526773125337305094 hope this shatters your world view
[close]

Its Not about Point A.
Its the other two That Are cringe.

Lets call anyone who disagrees With me a transphobe and shit on other peoples opinion, or even better Sanction them if they dare to voice their opinion on the internet. Be Angry if People Are Different, While demanding That People who are different are beeing accepted how they Are/feel. It seems a bit irational and Hypocrite. But Then what do i know, shes probably 12.
you only get called a transphobe when you do transphobic shit, engage with what is being said to you and find allah brother

passtheish

To the person spamming that Twitter link: A Twitter post is about as far as you can get from, “recent research.” Posting it as such probably has the opposite effect of your intention.

Anyways, the girl who posted the original insta message is following 0 people on insta. That’s always felt like some forced clout/self-obsession tip, so I’ll vote that she’s lame outside this scenario altogether.

Another aside: Don’t know shit about the contest scene, but does Lee Baker skate in contests? If so, I’m curious where (m or f), given that he’s probably the most prolific trans skater atm.

At least we can all be happy that none of this shit matters if you’re skating outside of contest settings.

SPAMMING LMAO, 2 links

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
IG Post is gone anyone screenshot it?

passtheish

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
clearly there are differences, trans men aren't having babies anytime soon. people need to stop being so quick with the slurs. competitive sports aren't my thing but can empathize with the frustrations of the trans and non-trans athletes here. clearly there's some growing pains for these things to figure out and i don't think either side being dicks is helpful.
[close]
A. Trans men can and do get pregnant and give birth (I'm guessing you just got the terminology mixed up but lol.)
B. I don't give a shit what whiny cis people think.
C. The only people being dicks here are transphobes.
[close]

You, sir, Must be a moron.
[close]

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1526773125337305094 hope this shatters your world view
[close]

Its Not about Point A.
Its the other two That Are cringe.
[close]

[close]

WTF Makes me a transphobe exactly? Please elaborate. Have People lost their mind Here? Your blind hate pisses me off honestly.
imagine how trans people feel, when you invalidate their existence with your ignorant world view and intolerant rhetoric ?

passtheish

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To the person spamming that Twitter link: A Twitter post is about as far as you can get from, “recent research.” Posting it as such probably has the opposite effect of your intention.
[close]

Anyone with a cycle or taking estrogen can lactate even if they're not pregnant. There are a lot of hormone-mimicking drugs, one of them being domperidone, which is commonly prescribed for nausea and has lactation as a side effect. It's not a "recent" discovery or a cutting-edge treatment; it's basic biology.
[close]

Really not trying to take a stand here on the topic of lactating, my point is posting a Twitter link with text or a post in a skateboard forum means nothing.

Recent research shows, “Evidence for use of domperidone to augment lactation is not compelling.”
https://bjgp.org/content/67/662/408

My point here is that if you just go around posting stuff as fact, and then get disproved later, people will ignore you/your argument in its entirety.

Again, not saying the lactating does or does not occur, I don’t care, just saying posting a Twitter link of a video does fuck all. Holds the sane validity as an Alex Jones video about humanoid pigs.
[close]

Wow, you pulled ONE study out of your asshole which says what you wish, congrats. I've literally been on the drug and lactated even though I wasn't preggo, and it's commonly known to induce lactation. But thank you mister internet man, I guess that wasn't milk coming out of my boobs. It was my stupid broad self drolling on my chest because I'm a woman and therefore in a perpetual state of hysteria. I need a man to explain to me how this didn't actually happen, thank you.

I totally don't care too, even though I just wrote all of this. So that makes two of us totally not caring, because we're both so cool and disaffected.
[close]

Maybe your experience is different and you’ve successfully lactated and breastfed kids. That’s great! Or maybe you haven’t. Either is fine.

I don’t care about *the drug* in question. My point is about posting Twitter links as research. The posted link just so happens to be about lactation. Twitter links to images with text is not research and will sway nobody. Someone reading the first result on Google scholar (the link I posted) will just dismiss you for the laziness. My point to the Twitter poster is that they should spend time citing more compelling evidence if their goal is to sway others.  Spamming an image in a Twitter post, regardless of the subject of that post, won’t do anything.

I have no idea what you’re on about in the second-half of your response, lol. I’ll say that it definitely doesn’t come off as well-measured emotionally. The study actually doesn’t deny the claim as you seem to think it does, and I’m making zero claims as to the efficacy of (or your response to) the drug. Medical stuff sucks in general, so I sincerely hope you’ve gotten the desired effect from your treatment with zero side-effects.

Not sure what’s going on with your last few sentences there.

so your point is only post relevant evidence and research when it backs your POV but not when it goes against yours, and if it's in favor of your argument then it's not ok to scrutinize it got it !

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
just curious!

Ended up skating transition because it's just easier.

Also it just occured to me this second-place sourpuss is named Silver Man.

Punny drunk tonight. I'll see myself out.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 03:31:08 PM by excitableboy »

passtheish

She is right... she has 10 percent testo of a trans...in sports its a fucking problem.

except hormone levels fluctuate in person to person and even in moment to moment, some cis men can have high estrogen and some cis women can have high test, it's variable and not exclusive to gender

passtheish

I am certain that if Nyjah transitions this would be a different conversation.  Hell, Nyjah competing in mens is already a problem because he’s a mutant.

this joke literally proves the point tho, Nyjah is objectively a good skater, so it's fair to assume in an all gender competition he would probably dominate, but not cause he's a cis man but cause he's just the better skater

Salad farmer

• Rep: 21
Will skateboard contests end up having a handicap system like golf? Have small town contests had too low of a skill level allowing inferior skaters to cash in? Should we be sending Rodil Jr to all local contests so that if you want the big bucks/deck the local shop couldn't sell, you have to really earn it? Should all competitors wear full body suits so judges can't tell who is who and no bias can creep in? Skateboarding contests and scoring them is nonsensical from the jump, fairness is not feasible and that is fine. If I was a judge for a best trick contest and the two best tricks were a kickflip down a double set and a double flip down the same set, I'm giving it to the kickflip. All of this is absurd, I just hope the skater that won doesn't end up getting flooded with hate from people who don't really care about skateboarding. Putting someone in the situation where they are potentially in the crosshairs of Ben Shapiro fans is so horrible.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Ben Shapiro x Weck collab is imminent.
Hope skateboarding is ready for the most epic trolling yet!
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

djoekr

• Rep: 331
So all this time, Weck was the spammer that bombarded this forum with Marbie and anti-trans threads?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209

Lol has weck watched any pro women contests in the last couple years? He’d fucking lose. What an idiot.

marty mcfly

Expand Quote

[close]
Lol has weck watched any pro women contests in the last couple years? He’d fucking lose. What an idiot.

i just want him to go away! :'(

Spectre

• Rep: -40

Holy shit how long has weck had this one in the holster?!

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
What I have learned is that I need to start injecting testosterone so I can get better at skating immediately
Chris Robert’s is bald and that’s why he wears long sleeves

Logic

• Rep: 36
Expand Quote

[close]

this joke literally proves the point tho, Nyjah is objectively a good skater, so it's fair to assume in an all gender competition he would probably dominate, but not cause he's a cis man but cause he's just the better skater

You are aware that currently, the standards for which men and women are scored in skating is substantially different? If pros such as Nyjah became Nyjala and started competing in the women heats, you would either need to raise the maximum score for runs/tricks or be fine with the fact that she'd be getting constant 10s rendering it almost meaningless were more top male pros were to make such a transition too.
What's your solution to this exactly?

If the gender division were removed from comps, I fear that you would find it would discourage women from even entering.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
‘nyjala’ lol

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i just want him to go away! :'(
Seriously fuck that kook

skunty

• Rep: 76
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You are aware that currently, the standards for which men and women are scored in skating is substantially different? If pros such as Nyjah became Nyjala and started competing in the women heats, you would either need to raise the maximum score for runs/tricks or be fine with the fact that she'd be getting constant 10s rendering it almost meaningless were more top male pros were to make such a transition too.

If the gender division were removed from comps, I fear that you would find it would discourage women from even entering.

You’re actually exactly wrong. Currently they are scored the same, and that caused a big controversy at the Olympics cuz the highest score in womens was like a 7 or something. It was probably the #1 topic of discussion regarding womens Olympic skating for weeks, so you must not know what you’re talking about at all.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
What I have learned is that I need to start injecting testosterone so I can get better at skating immediately

Thats why testo is considered dopping

Donatello

• Rep: 2
Just saw her IG.  lol this girl would get stomped by the average 12 year old female skater in Japan.  Wanna bitch about losing a contest? try skating better first.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You’re actually exactly wrong. Currently they are scored the same, and that caused a big controversy at the Olympics cuz the highest score in womens was like a 7 or something. It was probably the #1 topic of discussion regarding womens Olympic skating for weeks, so you must not know what you’re talking about at all.

+1

“Women's and men's skateboarding are scored on the same scale“

https://www.si.com/olympics/2021/07/26/womens-skateboarding-tokyo-olympics-debut-momiji-nishiya

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
Expand Quote
[close]

Thats why testo is considered dopping

Hell if it makes me doper at skateboarding I'm all for it
Chris Robert’s is bald and that’s why he wears long sleeves