Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones and the Obstacle Clearing Controversy by Judy Blume  (Read 19870 times)

everythingisgreat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tyshawn Jones and the Obstacle Clearing Controversy by Judy Blume
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2022, 06:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We’re people nitpicking this hard when Alex Olson clearly clipped on the regular lengthwise ollie?
[close]
he didn’t clip he just went beside it
[close]
So even fucking worse than clipping lol, he didn’t even ollie over the fucking thing. I hate Alex Olson, what a fucking chump. Didn’t TJ kickflip a table lengthwise?? Eat shit AO
[close]

I don’t understand this and feel like I missed some expose.  When rewatched, it appears he’s over the table in the part and he has no shadow on the ground so the table is blocking it.   It happens so fast that I never questioned it before and I still don’t really see the complaints now
[close]

Ty messing around with forced perspective/camera tricks/post production/spike Jonze

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2022, 06:26:02 PM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 297
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2022, 06:30:52 PM »
It's not like he ended a 10 minute epic with a simple 50-50. He's fine.

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2022, 07:14:10 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj_gPDJjIzv/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Fuck, I stand corrected. Maybe he bussup'd even harder the first time then. Tyshawn laughing it off in the comments, so it counts.

skateharder

• Rep: -25
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2022, 08:10:59 PM »
if you go down this rabbit hole you find that many of the skate tricks you grew up on were the product is smoking mirrors movie magic

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2022, 08:14:44 PM »
if you go down this rabbit hole you find that many of the skate tricks you grew up on were the product is smoking mirrors movie magic

Next you’re going to say a bunch of jump ramps painted greed were keyed out of Yeah Right…yeah right indeed

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2022, 08:48:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We’re people nitpicking this hard when Alex Olson clearly clipped on the regular lengthwise ollie?
[close]
[close]
So even fucking worse than clipping lol, he didn’t even ollie over the fucking thing. I hate Alex Olson, what a fucking chump. Didn’t TJ kickflip a table lengthwise?? Eat shit AO
[close]

I don’t understand this and feel like I missed some expose.  When rewatched, it appears he’s over the table in the part and he has no shadow on the ground so the table is blocking it.   It happens so fast that I never questioned it before and I still don’t really see the complaints now
[close]

do you not understand how perspective works or something

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2022, 09:10:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

perspective of what? going beside the table?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 922
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2022, 09:16:18 PM »
I wanted to see if there were any sus looking angles on Diego’s kf long ways where he went kinda toward to the side but it looks clean. That’s impressive.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2022, 03:40:20 AM »
Expand Quote
I think it's weird that thrasher put that switch Ollie on the cover because i assume he didn't land it that day since they show that clip of him eating shit in the same outfit on the cover and the make he's wearing a different fit. So he must have  went back to get it anpther day and thrasher ran a photo of a non make on the cover which theyve said they never do. Thrasher brags about only running makes in the mag. That's the real controversy to me. I actually think skatin picnic tables the long way is kinda dumb
[close]

From the clips in the teaser it looks like there were at least three different days he was trying it. Could see him sticking it both days but the first one maybe he bussuped or something?

If you're looking for controversy look into the T-Funk cover. There's just no way in hell he did that one twice... or maybe he did? Still need to watch the mini-doc.

Edit: Just remembered T-Funk's clip and cover are most likely same day it's just the camera angles that don't line up.

The cover rarely is the actual make. The rule is only that the trick has to be landed, doesn't matter if it's on the same day or whatever.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2022, 03:58:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's weird that thrasher put that switch Ollie on the cover because i assume he didn't land it that day since they show that clip of him eating shit in the same outfit on the cover and the make he's wearing a different fit. So he must have  went back to get it anpther day and thrasher ran a photo of a non make on the cover which theyve said they never do. Thrasher brags about only running makes in the mag. That's the real controversy to me. I actually think skatin picnic tables the long way is kinda dumb
[close]

From the clips in the teaser it looks like there were at least three different days he was trying it. Could see him sticking it both days but the first one maybe he bussuped or something?

If you're looking for controversy look into the T-Funk cover. There's just no way in hell he did that one twice... or maybe he did? Still need to watch the mini-doc.

Edit: Just remembered T-Funk's clip and cover are most likely same day it's just the camera angles that don't line up.
[close]

The cover rarely is the actual make. The rule is only that the trick has to be landed, doesn't matter if it's on the same day or whatever.
Warning extra nerdiness: the slam and the cover aren't the same outfit. Dif shoes and socks

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2022, 04:19:21 AM »

burner

• Rep: 94
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2022, 04:23:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Warning extra nerdiness: the slam and the cover aren't the same outfit. Dif shoes and socks

Isn't the rule that the photo (especially a cover) has to be at least from the same session? (or at least maintain the illusion by wearing the same outfit)? Otherwise it's just unequivocally a photo of a bail, isn't it? Must be a good story behind this mystery...I wonder if Thrasher ran the cover before the make. The plot thickens...

(anyone else notice the sneaky edit in the bsnb that cuts TJ waving the pedestrians away with the make. Bit of Powell magic with that one too, which I liked).

UPDATE: Actually just watched that bsnb and it's just a jump cut, but same attempt/the make, that threw me off.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 04:31:24 AM by burner »

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -173
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2022, 04:29:57 AM »
tyshawn is one of those that you can't just watch and enjoy in peace
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2022, 04:50:23 AM »
No, the photo does not have to be from the same session as the video. The trick just has to be landed before publication
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2022, 04:58:47 AM »
Me and the boys find it more impressive he did it wearing jeans

burner

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2022, 05:15:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Next you’re going to say a bunch of jump ramps painted greed were keyed out of Yeah Right…yeah right indeed

No way man, Kenny cleared those tables clean from flat. Your move, Tyshawn, I want to see switch oliie two stacked tables. JK style is fine off a bump. Let’s go (I actually think he could).

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2022, 05:30:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
perspective of what? going beside the table?

Yeah I rewatched it with the newly discovered slower speed option on YouTube.   Def looks like he went over the seat on the far side

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2022, 05:33:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Isn't the rule that the photo (especially a cover) has to be at least from the same session? (or at least maintain the illusion by wearing the same outfit)? Otherwise it's just unequivocally a photo of a bail, isn't it?
Must be a good story behind this mystery...I wonder if Thrasher ran the cover before the make. The plot thickens...

(anyone else notice the sneaky edit in the bsnb that cuts TJ waving the pedestrians away with the make. Bit of Powell magic with that one too, which I liked).

UPDATE: Actually just watched that bsnb and it's just a jump cut, but same attempt/the make, that threw me off.
in my opinion, no. youre trying to represent a specific trick in the best way possible, even if it means the actual make is not the photo that runs in the end. usually photos that were bailed but actually landed on the board will look pretty natural.
only thing i dont really appreciate is running a photo with a super tweaked or popped trick and in the footage you can tell it wasnt even similar to the make.
 magazines running only lands is a myth that only people who never met an actual photographer believe.

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -146
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2022, 06:08:13 AM »
People arguing against the nollie flip is fucking stupid imo. The shifty made it look so much cooler. No one has ever nollie flipped that high.

The switch ollie was disappointing however. Idk why the footy they used in his part is different from the thrasher cover (he's wearing a completely different outfit). In the cover it looks like he clears it considering how high he is above the table. Maybe the filming made it look bad but in the part he 100% would have clipped it if he went straight on. Sucks cause you definitely know he could clear the table. Can't wait for him to switch flip it the long way in a couple years from now.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2022, 06:18:51 AM »
Is he really wearing a different outfit on the cover? Big if true
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2022, 06:20:23 AM »
What would Andrew Reynolds do?

One of:

• not vote in the 2016 election
  • buy a house with thps money to sell it at a loss less than a decade later
  • have the child prodigy hes invested the last 5+ years into leave his team
  • frontside flip or some ledge line which will have the slap forums going nutz

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -146
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2022, 06:24:22 AM »

sorry if i embedded this wrong. idk how to post images on slap lmao

dannyprovolone

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2022, 06:25:41 AM »
People arguing against the nollie flip is fucking stupid imo. The shifty made it look so much cooler. No one has ever nollie flipped that high.

The switch ollie was disappointing however. Idk why the footy they used in his part is different from the thrasher cover (he's wearing a completely different outfit). In the cover it looks like he clears it considering how high he is above the table. Maybe the filming made it look bad but in the part he 100% would have clipped it if he went straight on. Sucks cause you definitely know he could clear the table. Can't wait for him to switch flip it the long way in a couple years from now.

his first cover was sus too. landed on the curb in the footy. no reason to cut corners if you already got it like that
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 06:32:40 AM by dannyprovolone »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2022, 06:27:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Isn't the rule that the photo (especially a cover) has to be at least from the same session? (or at least maintain the illusion by wearing the same outfit)? Otherwise it's just unequivocally a photo of a bail, isn't it?
Must be a good story behind this mystery...I wonder if Thrasher ran the cover before the make. The plot thickens...

[close]
in my opinion, no. youre trying to represent a specific trick in the best way possible, even if it means the actual make is not the photo that runs in the end. usually photos that were bailed but actually landed on the board will look pretty natural.
only thing i dont really appreciate is running a photo with a super tweaked or popped trick and in the footage you can tell it wasnt even similar to the make.
 magazines running only lands is a myth that only people who never met an actual photographer believe.

Woah, check out Mr. Photographer Meeter over here.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2022, 06:32:24 AM »
photographer meetin' vibes fo sho
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Ghost Face

• Rep: 128
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2022, 06:40:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looking at that cover, he's def going over the side as well. He's not going straight over the middle. Not a chance.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

burner

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2022, 06:50:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So, different board, different outfit, different time....and is that a different table? Interesting. I’m sure that lots of photos from clips aren’t the specific make, but I didn’t expect this many differences. Does seem controversial. Kinda cool too in a zero fucks kinda way. That is a great photo.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2022, 06:50:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

his first cover was sus too. landed on the curb in the footy. no reason to cut corners if you already got it like that
[close]
no it wasn't, don't be ridiculous
just being honest? cheer up bud

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2022, 06:51:11 AM »
It doesnt count if Atiba was wearing a different box logo