Author Topic: your favorite discontinued logos or logos that have been changed for the worst  (Read 3434 times)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
The OG think logo (with the lamp) was pretty incredible.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
On the subject of brightly colored trucks: I (sorta) gave in to that trend a dozen-ish years ago and bought a pair of Indys with bright red dipped hangers - my first and only pair of colored trucks. Within minutes of first skating them I knew I made a mistake. Never again.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Best logo ever was the 2 hammering Destructo guys
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

juras

Osiris

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
The OG Habitat logo stickers were my absolute favorite.
I cant find any good images online.. But the ones that were like little rectangle/ square sections with plants and frogs and shit in them... The best.

GnarAlarm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
I always loved the OG Foundation circle F logo and they seem to have completely abandoned it at this point.

Formerly BurgerCop

SwitchNollieHeel

• Rep: -6
Wowww the nostalgia, I remember working behind the counter pushing almost every pair of these at one of the former locals.

Krux and Thunder still seem to make a good amount of colourful trucks or atleast ones with graphics on them.
I miss how ugly little kid setups use to be, seems like kids all just skate 139s or 149s now. Here’s some classics I remember me and my friends having

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Jebediah

• Rep: 108
They're not the only one

livin on a speyer

I have a soft spot for the Thunder grenade/ heart. I know some find it corny. I think Kevin Ancell designed  it.

Jef Whitehead designed that grenade logo. He talks about it here around 14:34.
https://youtu.be/6sbhA78RO5E?t=223

Ghost Face

• Rep: 130
what are some logos u wish a brand still used / didnt update or scrap
mine is santa cruzs earth logo they used for video "out there" they printed it on a bunch of stuff too - saw that logo all over the place - i want a big t shirt with the logo so bad now though

I have this tee downstairs in the warehouse. Never been worn.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Ghost Face

• Rep: 130
Used to draw the Acme logo on my school desk and backpack

Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
On the subject of brightly colored trucks: I (sorta) gave in to that trend a dozen-ish years ago and bought a pair of Indys with bright red dipped hangers - my first and only pair of colored trucks. Within minutes of first skating them I knew I made a mistake. Never again.

I absolutely hated that trend with a passion. I still do actually, they never look good.

Whenever I got trucks I would take them straight to the nearest garage and got them sandblasted and polished.

The garage did that for 10 euro and the trucks looked absolutely sick afterwards (obviously you had to take out the bushings first).

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Etnies have had some pretty cool logos, especially in the early days

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Ah, the Circa Combat Division.

Executive 1: “We have a few guys who dress kinda filthy, only skate vulc models, and want to join the team. What do we do?”

Executive 2: “Call it the Combat Division and pay them less.”

Executive 1: “Genius.”

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
Ah, the Circa Combat Division.

Executive 1: “We have a few guys who dress kinda filthy, only skate vulc models, and want to join the team. What do we do?”

Executive 2: “Call it the Combat Division and pay them less.”

Executive 1: “Genius.”
Gold wheels later copied the play with black gold

burner

• Rep: 94
Expand Quote
I always found this logo sus. Not sure if they still run this logo anymore

[close]

Chris Wimer was riding a couple of these in the new Emerica video

Underrated post.

burner

• Rep: 94
Expand Quote
I have a soft spot for the Thunder grenade/ heart. I know some find it corny. I think Kevin Ancell designed  it.

[close]

i might be the only person that thinks this here, but i definitely miss the fully painted trucks with big graphics that Thunder used to make roughly a decade ago. being younger and seeing your friends with different signature trucks with crazy colors was always really cool to me - at the time they had a similar amount of personality to a pro shoe or pro board. Now trucks are pretty simple and i don't think people give a shit about truck graphics like they used to

Personally - i couldn't pull that off now and i skate a pretty plain set up (plain grip, silver trucks, white wheels), but i would appreciate seeing that out in the wild

Definitely miss this too. Really miss fully painted pro trucks, loved this era, especially the Thunders. So boring now, with a few exceptions, such weak graphics on pro trucks, often just looks like a sticker on standard metal trucks. I rock these still (on a chill setup),love them, too rad to grind. Proud member of the billion% club. 8)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Expand Quote
what are some logos u wish a brand still used / didnt update or scrap
mine is santa cruzs earth logo they used for video "out there" they printed it on a bunch of stuff too - saw that logo all over the place - i want a big t shirt with the logo so bad now though
[close]

I have this tee downstairs in the warehouse. Never been worn.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in selling!
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2026
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

i might be the only person that thinks this here, but i definitely miss the fully painted trucks with big graphics that Thunder used to make roughly a decade ago. being younger and seeing your friends with different signature trucks with crazy colors was always really cool to me - at the time they had a similar amount of personality to a pro shoe or pro board. Now trucks are pretty simple and i don't think people give a shit about truck graphics like they used to

Personally - i couldn't pull that off now and i skate a pretty plain set up (plain grip, silver trucks, white wheels), but i would appreciate seeing that out in the wild

[close]

Definitely miss this too. Really miss fully painted pro trucks, loved this era, especially the Thunders. So boring now, with a few exceptions, such weak graphics on pro trucks, often just looks like a sticker on standard metal trucks. I rock these still (on a chill setup),love them, too rad to grind. Proud member of the billion% club. 8)

2010s was DLXs weird phase, lots of bad graphics on Real and fully painted Thunders.

Elissa's colorway was a bit tamer, but Krux beats them all with Velvet trucks

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

tryna find some of my old favorite baker graphics - these are dope tho

i had this spanky board that was a drawing of a cig pack that kinda looked like towelly or something on like a wood background - i was v young as i remember my parents were kinda bummed on me getting a cig graphic but i loved it- probabaly like 2012-2013 i cant remember exactly when.
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
I drew that one. It was part of the “Bad Guys” series.

i had this spanky board that was a drawing of a cig pack that kinda looked like towelly or something on like a wood background - i was v young as i remember my parents were kinda bummed on me getting a cig graphic but i loved it- probabaly like 2012-2013 i cant remember exactly when.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

I drew that one. It was part of the “Bad Guys” series.

Expand Quote

[close]
  damn thats super dope! you desinged a board that is very nostalgiac for me - thank u!
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

can find all them except the spanky one online lol

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)