Author Topic: Emerica containment thread  (Read 58777 times)

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Emerica containment thread
« Reply #840 on: June 04, 2024, 12:16:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Was going to post in the “skate shit you bought recently” thread but figured they would fit here more.

If 16 year old me knew I would have a pair of these someday he would 100% shit his pants. I’m psyched for both of us..
[close]

Truly so sick! Emerica was wild - in the best way - at that time. Remember they did a shoe with Bootsy Collins? And I think Ed did some shoes with pink on em?
Yep they did a shoe with bishop Don Juan… which looking back on is pretty shitty…that aside the pink Tempster 2’s were such bangers. Hoping they re issue that color after the first reissue drop.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #841 on: June 05, 2024, 02:29:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was going to post in the “skate shit you bought recently” thread but figured they would fit here more.

If 16 year old me knew I would have a pair of these someday he would 100% shit his pants. I’m psyched for both of us..
[close]

Truly so sick! Emerica was wild - in the best way - at that time. Remember they did a shoe with Bootsy Collins? And I think Ed did some shoes with pink on em?
[close]
Yep they did a shoe with bishop Don Juan… which looking back on is pretty shitty…that aside the pink Tempster 2’s were such bangers. Hoping they re issue that color after the first reissue drop.

That’s right, thank you. I tried looking up this up a few years ago and now I see why I hit a dead end.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #842 on: June 06, 2024, 12:27:22 AM »
Glorification of pimp lifestyle is pretty bad lol psychological manipulation and exploitation of vulnerable women at the expense of their health by impoverished uneducated men

Anyway. Speaking of fucked up emerica shoes I had a pair of the Hopis

For context, the shoe market was coming off the rise of brands like Toms

nothing's been the since same

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #843 on: June 06, 2024, 08:10:58 PM »
this thread is bringing back memories! 😂 I remember I HAD to have these when they came out. never did I see them on the emerica website, or any online shop. got them at SPOT in 2010. lmao. jeeezus. 🤦‍♂️

EDIT: almost forgot about these bad boys! 😂 how I didn’t get beat up in high school with these on, is a miracle. 🐆

« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 08:34:42 PM by gaunting »
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

• Rep: 1
« Reply #844 on: June 09, 2024, 08:52:12 PM »
Screenshoots of the upcoming Templeton 2s! Hopefully with more colorways coming after this one too.

Also, Ellington posted this on Insta. Maybe an upcoming reissue?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #845 on: June 09, 2024, 09:07:31 PM »
Screenshoots of the upcoming Templeton 2s! Hopefully with more colorways coming after this one too.

Is Lining still a thing? EE back on emerica would kinda be a wildcard move that could do some good. He has a good eye for techier cup designs that could give emerica some flavor again. Doubt they have the money to make that move tho.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #846 on: June 09, 2024, 11:57:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is Lining still a thing? EE back on emerica would kinda be a wildcard move that could do some good. He has a good eye for techier cup designs that could give emerica some flavor again. Doubt they have the money to make that move tho.
As far I know Li-Ning dropped their skateboarding program. Grey EE with the red toe would be the only way that Emerica could see my hard earned.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #847 on: June 10, 2024, 12:15:06 AM »
Looks like a sample for his first shoe - you can see where that metal logo would be placed.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #848 on: June 10, 2024, 02:18:52 AM »
Looks like a sample for his first shoe - you can see where that metal logo would be placed.

Judging by how clear airbag looks it seems that this is a new sample.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #849 on: June 10, 2024, 02:21:45 AM »
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #850 on: June 10, 2024, 05:43:21 AM »
Have they even tried to slim down the Ed 2 even a tough? 1s we’re chunky, don’t get me wrong, but the 2s were even bigger from memory … guess I’ll have to see them in the flesh but they’ll probably look like Muskas on my feet

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #851 on: June 10, 2024, 09:01:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
As far I know Li-Ning dropped their skateboarding program. Grey EE with the red toe would be the only way that Emerica could see my hard earned.

It would be cool to bring Ellington back. I wouldn’t read too much into him posting a pair of his old pro model though. If you follow his IG closely, it looks like he routinely brings out old pairs he finds in storage or people show him and he brings them to design sessions all the time.

• Rep: 1
« Reply #852 on: June 10, 2024, 09:41:42 AM »
I feel that if Muska and Penny got their shoes reissued with Es, it wouldn’t be too far fetched that Ellington would too. He seems to be a great businessman and sure, he does bring out his Emerica shoes out whenever he gets interviewed about shoes, but you can hear the love he has for that first pro model.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #853 on: June 10, 2024, 05:56:47 PM »

They look amazing!!!!
DEAR EMERICA, DROP MORE DOPE CUPSOLES AND NOT AS MANY VANS STYLED SHOES.

Seriously, with every Emerica cupsole I've had amazing results with all of them.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #854 on: June 10, 2024, 08:04:36 PM »

For what it’s worth, someone in the comments asked if he was bringing back the Emerica shoe and he replied with a shhh emoji 🤫.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -522
« Reply #855 on: June 10, 2024, 11:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

For what it’s worth, someone in the comments asked if he was bringing back the Emerica shoe and he replied with a shhh emoji 🤫.

Would make sense , he’s posted them a lot the last year or so- he had a few posts skating an ancient pair and the sole just crumbled a few tricks in. Pretty sick move. Kelly hart was saying on the nine club the other day the new owners have already okayed a bunch of stuff he’s been trying to get done for years, one can assume that emerica with that new/old tm is getting to do a lot of stuff too.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #856 on: June 10, 2024, 11:28:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Would make sense , he’s posted them a lot the last year or so- he had a few posts skating an ancient pair and the sole just crumbled a few tricks in. Pretty sick move. Kelly hart was saying on the nine club the other day the new owners have already okayed a bunch of stuff he’s been trying to get done for years, one can assume that emerica with that new/old tm is getting to do a lot of stuff too.

i hope that means the remastered accel is coming sooner than later. i really wish they'd take some of that foam off the shoe and make it slightly slimmer like it used to be. there were these shoes called accel tt that were around when i was starting skating (es folded about a year later) and those look more like that og accel from the 90s, but i've never seen those live. you can tell from footage that they looked different though.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: June 12, 2024, 03:30:36 AM »
Yeah, I had the accell tt’s as well as the og accells and the tt’s were much closer to the originals, although not 1:1. They were closer to a cupsole square one

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #858 on: June 12, 2024, 02:56:32 PM »
Yeah, I had the accell tt’s as well as the og accells and the tt’s were much closer to the originals, although not 1:1. They were closer to a cupsole square one
I got the accel Tt and the Emerica fat laced on the same day, both pairs for $60 from Alumni.  Oth pairs skated amazing, and looked amazing

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91
« Reply #859 on: June 12, 2024, 03:11:48 PM »
I swear to got I'll buy at least two pairs of an EE reissue- The black toe white middle ones (had these back then) and the red toe with grey are both so good looking. £100 a pair will be hard to stomach but if they're on the market for more than a month that's fine.
Even with the airbag in the heel that was a good shoe to skate. I remember the toe area/forefoot being decent enough for boardfeel once they broke in and wore the sole a bit. Much like the first Braydon shoe, I feel like their soles skated really similarly.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #860 on: June 12, 2024, 05:10:47 PM »
If they do red toe and grey, I'll get a pair. That's my white whale.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #861 on: June 12, 2024, 10:47:08 PM »
Amen brother.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #862 on: June 13, 2024, 10:58:47 AM »

Needed some new summer slippers and I’ve heard good things about the wino slip. Plus I’m a big fan of all things Templeton. The vegan suede on these feels really nice too.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #863 on: June 13, 2024, 11:29:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Amen brother.
https://youtu.be/GxZuq57_bYM?si=XGBBJsVWoMdovn7W

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 24
« Reply #864 on: June 15, 2024, 08:49:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
:'(
I got the accel Tt and the Emerica fat laced on the same day, both pairs for $60 from Alumni.  Oth pairs skated amazing, and looked amazing

The TT was such a good shoe, it’s what the accel slim should be. Found some all blk Laced (not the fat ones) NOS for 40 bucks shipped. Remembered loving the sole  so can’t wait to get them

UPDATE: the soles are falling off of the Laced  :'(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 06:51:27 PM by YeoWhattup »