Author Topic: Julian Davidson of Emerica  (Read 41036 times)

SlapTM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 243
Re: Julian Davidson of Emerica
« Reply #330 on: February 06, 2024, 01:54:55 PM »
Expand Quote
EmericaTM you a real one
You put heart and soul into that company and that's no easy feat. Specially going out of your own pocket.

Also yeah call yourself SlapTM. You the team manager... of our hearts
[close]

Didn’t know where else to post this but I’ve been seeing EmericaTM SlapTM posting on instagram being courted with boxes by the big dawgs. Nike, NB#, Vans. Wishing you success on your next endeavor. Thanks for always keeping it real on here.

Hey there and thank you for the support and kind words as always. Truly means a lot and grateful for the big guys taking care of me when needed. Appreciate the best wishes and glad to say for the last two months I have been working nonstop to start something out of pure passion which hopefully can put out some rad stuff into the skateboarding world while also helping out a few skaters.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -255
« Reply #331 on: February 06, 2024, 02:33:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
his career lasted a decade longer than it should have.
he was boring in 07 for fucks sake

he should feel super lucky to have forgettable skating and not a shred of marketable personality last that long.
[close]

Julian is far to nice to want to punch you in the mouth for this.

However, I am not that nice... and would very much like to punch you in the mouth for this comment.
[close]

Being unproblematic or overtly hateable is a crime in slap land. He didn’t even have guitar b roll or a Morrisey shirt for us to make fun of , what a boring monster!

Nah Julian is sick. It’s interesting emerica and deathwish made the moves they did and so little else. I’d wager he’s just not marketable to kids? But like people fucking loving Jake Hayes and he’s just modern brophy. I think Julian just didn’t have the gimmick to sell like Hayes and neen. And as much as I love John Dickson I’m pretty  sure he only sells boards like  cause 60% people think it’s an antwuan model.
[close]

I’m guessing Neen’s gimmick is his heel flips, what do you think Haye’s is? I can’t really think of one, unless you are referring to massive pop as a gimmick?
[close]

Yeah the massive pop. The whole dude can literally Ollie a small dumpster thing. I think he’s got great style and at least a decent bag of tricks but regular not slap  people I meet just focus on the huge pop. It’s no neen I can only do heel flips and talk about sobriety gimmick but it’s definitely notable.

You can’t be seriously saying that having massive pop is a gimmick?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • sup dog
« Reply #332 on: February 06, 2024, 03:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
EmericaTM you a real one
You put heart and soul into that company and that's no easy feat. Specially going out of your own pocket.

[close]

Didn’t know where else to post this but I’ve been seeing EmericaTM SlapTM posting on instagram being courted with boxes by the big dawgs. Nike, NB#, Vans. Wishing you success on your next endeavor. Thanks for always keeping it real on here.
[close]

Hey there and thank you for the support and kind words as always. Truly means a lot and grateful for the big guys taking care of me when needed. Appreciate the best wishes and glad to say for the last two months I have been working nonstop to start something out of pure passion which hopefully can put out some rad stuff into the skateboarding world while also helping out a few skaters.
Sick! Looking forward to seeing it. 

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2024, 08:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
EmericaTM you a real one

[close]

[close]

You’re welcome. I’ll be looking forward to the new rad stuff. The Dickson clips you posted earlier were so sick. Cool hearing a little back story on the filming missions too.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #334 on: February 06, 2024, 11:26:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
EmericaTM you a real one

[close]

[close]

[close]
Sick! Looking forward to seeing it.
I'm calling Slapshoecousa
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

sk84fun

• Rep: -45
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2024, 11:38:08 PM »
Dood joo joo has always been sick…slap pals take this L for hating…go skate a curb virgin

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2024, 10:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

he should feel super lucky to have forgettable skating and not a shred of marketable personality last that long.
[close]

However, I am not that nice... and would very much like to punch you in the mouth for this comment.
[close]

Being unproblematic or overtly hateable is a crime in slap land. He didn’t even have guitar b roll or a Morrisey shirt for us to make fun of , what a boring monster!

Nah Julian is sick. It’s interesting emerica and deathwish made the moves they did and so little else. I’d wager he’s just not marketable to kids? But like people fucking loving Jake Hayes and he’s just modern brophy. I think Julian just didn’t have the gimmick to sell like Hayes and neen. And as much as I love John Dickson I’m pretty  sure he only sells boards like  cause 60% people think it’s an antwuan model.
[close]

I’m guessing Neen’s gimmick is his heel flips, what do you think Haye’s is? I can’t really think of one, unless you are referring to massive pop as a gimmick?
[close]

Yeah the massive pop. The whole dude can literally Ollie a small dumpster thing. I think he’s got great style and at least a decent bag of tricks but regular not slap  people I meet just focus on the huge pop. It’s no neen I can only do heel flips and talk about sobriety gimmick but it’s definitely notable.
[close]

For Jake Hayes it isn't, but it is for some people *Brophy*.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2024, 11:42:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don't think a lot of people fucking love Jake Hayes and that comparison is a big insult to Brophy tbh

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2024, 11:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean when you're mostly doing lines of simple tricks that are popped really high it absolutely is I think. That's not to say he can't/doesn't do anything gnarly but everything I see from him these days is mostly lines with tall grinds and ollies over trash cans, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough

manysnakes

« Reply #339 on: February 07, 2024, 12:17:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean when you're mostly doing lines of simple tricks that are popped really high it absolutely is I think. That's not to say he can't/doesn't do anything gnarly but everything I see from him these days is mostly lines with tall grinds and ollies over trash cans, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough

Was Huf a gimmick skater?

Shtonk

• Rep: -588
« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2024, 12:24:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I love Jon Dickson enough to almost make me buy Emerica and Deathwish, both of which I hate, but this roast is epicly hilarious

TheWineClub

• Rep: 53
« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2024, 12:33:56 PM »
Jon Dixon and Antwuan Dickson are my favorite skaters

Tireeedd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #342 on: February 07, 2024, 03:02:38 PM »
Jon Dixon and Antwuan Dickson are my favorite skaters