Author Topic: Spot History w/the Dern Brothers  (Read 11023 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
Re: Spot History w/the Dern Brothers
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2024, 10:26:46 AM »

Unreal.

bohemian

• Rep: -345
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2024, 12:38:15 PM »
<3

fukin dalton can 540 anything

Davidon23

• Rep: -2
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2024, 01:41:50 PM »

Unreal.
I started watching this while eating, but I ended up forgetting to eat. :D

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2024, 09:41:22 PM »
These are so great. Part 2 of their house stuff:

Irvine-Sucks.com

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2024, 10:20:44 AM »
And part 3:

Irvine-Sucks.com

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -70
  • eight equals d
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2024, 10:24:21 AM »
these dudes got the chillest parents. jealous
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 97
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2024, 11:02:02 AM »
These guys are nuts. Pure entertainment, their ma seems off her swede.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2024, 11:55:30 AM »
the dad has to be some alcoholic contractor dude too

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2024, 12:44:52 PM »
Part 3 made me realise that Dalton is was better than I thought he was. Front blunt on the brick bank was sick I'd never seen that before
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 95
Re: Spot History w/the Dern BrothersLso
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2024, 06:27:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the dad has to be some alcoholic contractor dude too

(had to look « Swede » on Google because I’m French haha. Added a new slang term to my English vocabulary (which I mostly learned via music, tv shows, movies and skatevideos. Thanks guys.)

Their parents are cool - they basically let their sons destroy their property. What wouldn’t you do for your kids… I mean they already built a skatepark. Which has some waterslide parts as obstacles.

The three Dern brothers look like stereotypes of guys I would skate with around 2006, but they sure rip. The zero / fallen guy, the guy with a bandana rocking the hair metal shirts, the guy with the 90s/00s punk bands shirts.

never heard of them until seeing this thread, liked their spots video. Greet retrospective of what has been done on famous spots, from well established pros to random locals.

I have seen some of the roof antics popping up on Instagram, but didn’t know it was from a full edit.

Also me being an European : « they got strange first names ! how many cars do they got ? this property is 50x bigger than the one I grew up in ! there are certainly alligators wandering within this property »

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2024, 02:45:35 PM »
Final one:

Irvine-Sucks.com

Crust

• Rep: 55
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2024, 04:20:38 AM »
They deserved that prize money - absolute skate rats to the core

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 111
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2024, 04:40:41 PM »
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 06:22:36 AM by Natas_Fauxas »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2024, 06:13:32 PM »
Gino Lanucci  ;D
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 111
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2024, 06:41:40 AM »
Gino Lanucci  ;D

They edited it now it just says Gino and the spelled his name right. They were getting shit on in the comments which are now deleted.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 835
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2024, 07:47:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Gino Lanucci  ;D
[close]

They edited it now it just says Gino and the spelled his name right. They were getting shit on in the comments which are now deleted.

the dwindle youtube account has 101 trilogy section uploaded and it says Lannucci in the video title too

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 31
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2024, 10:18:17 PM »
This series is good and I appreciate the work they put in, I just wish that they would perhaps do a little more research into the spot itself. I’m not saying go full Ted barrow or anything just a surface level look into why some of these spots got built in the first place. All of these spots didn’t get built with skating in mind, yet have become places where the envelope gets pushed.. idk I think it’s interesting. Anyways, I appreciate the show and the fact that they get someone who skated the spot to talk about it every episode.

totallyradical

• Rep: -24
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2024, 05:31:50 AM »
I thought it was funny how Chris Roberts is like 'this place is so important to me and skate history' and then knew nothing about the history of the place or what went on before his time there.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2024, 06:26:31 AM »
Lovely as always, even with Chris Roberts ugly mug

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 86
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2024, 08:30:40 AM »
at the end of this episode, one of them (i think Dalton) mentions that they normally wouldn't cover a spot like this and they generally stick to handrails and gaps. respect to them for trying something new but I think their format tends to work better for that type of spot.

handrail and gaps are obviously the type of skating they have pretty deep knowledge about, but also most of their spot history videos are usually more or less listing off tricks that have been done at the spot and that doesn't work as well for a plaza style spot where the bulk of the skating done there has been longer lines made up of individual tricks that don't have as big of an impact on their own. i don't think it really translated as well to have them just reading off the tricks in 5-trick Ronnie Creager lines at the courthouse. Worked a bit better for the out ledge and the stage where there's more singles but the section in the middle dragged a bit and it was clear they were a bit out of their element talking about 90s era LA tech ledge skating.

they're also not gonna shine as well skating-wise at a spot like this, where at the other spots they've done you usually get to see Dalton or Kanaan huck themselves down something pretty impressive as a bonus lol if they do something like this again (iconic plaza style spot), switching up the format to focus a bit more on the architecture, general construction and policy history, the culture of the spot and its impact on skating, etc. would probably land better than their usual approach of focusing on the specific tricks that have gone down. still a pretty solid video all things considered other than having to listen to Crob, enjoy this series a lot more than i expected to
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 09:07:53 AM by Mandatory Reload »

totallyradical

• Rep: -24
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2024, 08:55:15 AM »
at the end of this episode, one of them (i think Dalton) mentions that they normally wouldn't cover a spot like this and they generally stick to handrails and gaps. respect to them for trying something new but I think their format tends to work better for that type of spot, partially because that's obviously the type of skating they have pretty deep knowledge about, but also because the bulk of their spot history videos are usually more or less listing off tricks that have been done at the spot and that doesn't work as well for a plaza style spot where the bulk of the skating done there has been longer lines made up of individual tricks that don't have as big of an impact on their own. i don't think it really translated as well to have them just reading off the tricks in 5-trick Ronnie Creager lines at the courthouse. Worked a bit better for the out ledge and the stage where there's more singles but the section in the middle dragged a bit and it was clear they were a bit out of their element talking about 90s era LA tech ledge skating. they're also not gonna shine as well skating-wise at a spot like this, where at the other spots they've done you usually get to see Dalton or Kanaan huck themselves down something pretty impressive as a bonus lol if they do something like this again (iconic plaza style spot), switching up the format to focus a bit more on the architecture, general construction and policy history, the culture of the spot and its impact on skating, etc. would probably land better than their usual approach of focusing on the specific tricks that have gone down. still a pretty solid video all things considered other than having to listen to Crob, enjoy this series a lot more than i expected to

paragraphs bro

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 86
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2024, 09:08:16 AM »
Expand Quote
at the end of this episode, one of them (i think Dalton) mentions that they normally wouldn't cover a spot like this and they generally stick to handrails and gaps. respect to them for trying something new but I think their format tends to work better for that type of spot, partially because that's obviously the type of skating they have pretty deep knowledge about, but also because the bulk of their spot history videos are usually more or less listing off tricks that have been done at the spot and that doesn't work as well for a plaza style spot where the bulk of the skating done there has been longer lines made up of individual tricks that don't have as big of an impact on their own. i don't think it really translated as well to have them just reading off the tricks in 5-trick Ronnie Creager lines at the courthouse. Worked a bit better for the out ledge and the stage where there's more singles but the section in the middle dragged a bit and it was clear they were a bit out of their element talking about 90s era LA tech ledge skating. they're also not gonna shine as well skating-wise at a spot like this, where at the other spots they've done you usually get to see Dalton or Kanaan huck themselves down something pretty impressive as a bonus lol if they do something like this again (iconic plaza style spot), switching up the format to focus a bit more on the architecture, general construction and policy history, the culture of the spot and its impact on skating, etc. would probably land better than their usual approach of focusing on the specific tricks that have gone down. still a pretty solid video all things considered other than having to listen to Crob, enjoy this series a lot more than i expected to
[close]

paragraphs bro

fair enough, edited lol

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 31
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2024, 09:22:19 AM »
at the end of this episode, one of them (i think Dalton) mentions that they normally wouldn't cover a spot like this and they generally stick to handrails and gaps. respect to them for trying something new but I think their format tends to work better for that type of spot.

handrail and gaps are obviously the type of skating they have pretty deep knowledge about, but also most of their spot history videos are usually more or less listing off tricks that have been done at the spot and that doesn't work as well for a plaza style spot where the bulk of the skating done there has been longer lines made up of individual tricks that don't have as big of an impact on their own. i don't think it really translated as well to have them just reading off the tricks in 5-trick Ronnie Creager lines at the courthouse. Worked a bit better for the out ledge and the stage where there's more singles but the section in the middle dragged a bit and it was clear they were a bit out of their element talking about 90s era LA tech ledge skating.

they're also not gonna shine as well skating-wise at a spot like this, where at the other spots they've done you usually get to see Dalton or Kanaan huck themselves down something pretty impressive as a bonus lol if they do something like this again (iconic plaza style spot), switching up the format to focus a bit more on the architecture, general construction and policy history, the culture of the spot and its impact on skating, etc. would probably land better than their usual approach of focusing on the specific tricks that have gone down. still a pretty solid video all things considered other than having to listen to Crob, enjoy this series a lot more than i expected to

Yeah I agree - the listing off tricks gets old after awhile and doesn’t lend itself to the significance of the spot. Theres a lot more history to unpack that the tricks, those are just the surface.. I think Ted needs to do a this old ledge on the courthouse. Or an LA series.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2024, 09:36:08 AM »
They also misnamed a couple tricks, but whatever.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2024, 09:58:36 AM »
This was just as good as all the others-Slap ledge nerds are just nitpicking on these Hot Topic looking dudes.  Love Dern Bros.