Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4581587 times)

sweat stains

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #20040 on: August 01, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »
sorry for the huge pic

Just got a pair of the new Vincent Alvarez shoes, gonna wear them around for a while first, they seem a little stiff. If there is interest I'll write a little review on 'em.
skated these for roughly 8 hours over the last few days and they are holding up super well, they look pretty much brand new. The grip is extremely good just like all the new Lakai shoes, the insole is really minimal which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Flick is not that great compared to the G6's I had before this but these will definitely last for maybe twice as long (the G6's lasted me a month before they were bald and I had kickflipped through the side wall.) I'll see how I like 'em in a month or so, but so far so good.

EDIT: The laces aren't worn down one bit and I doubt they're going to rip at all.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:35:02 PM by sweat stains »
damn those yarys bout those squats

micky682

« Reply #20041 on: August 01, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
Compared to the busenitz adv, how padded is the lucas pro?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20042 on: August 01, 2013, 09:18:50 PM »
Never touched the ADV but the Lucas Pro is less padded than a slip-on.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

GY

« Reply #20043 on: August 02, 2013, 12:47:29 AM »
Compared to the busenitz adv, how padded is the lucas pro?

No way as padded, but still incredibly comfortable, with good flick, board feel and durability. The toe cap seems to make a lot of difference aswell. Both great shoes

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #20044 on: August 02, 2013, 01:24:07 AM »
The Lucas are a great pair of shoes, while they haven't got a great deal of padding I've found that they're actually kinder to my feet than other bulkier soles (most recently been skating some xlk soles and a pair of supra hammers)

such an underrated shoe, and the new colourways that have been shown recently have me pumped to buy some more

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #20045 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:57 AM »
Got these really cheap, and they surprisingly feel really nice.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #20046 on: August 02, 2013, 04:43:43 AM »
eBay purchase, time to get my fatass in shape

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #20047 on: August 02, 2013, 07:49:04 AM »
Expand Quote
sorry for the huge pic

Just got a pair of the new Vincent Alvarez shoes, gonna wear them around for a while first, they seem a little stiff. If there is interest I'll write a little review on 'em.
[close]
skated these for roughly 8 hours over the last few days and they are holding up super well, they look pretty much brand new. The grip is extremely good just like all the new Lakai shoes, the insole is really minimal which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Flick is not that great compared to the G6's I had before this but these will definitely last for maybe twice as long (the G6's lasted me a month before they were bald and I had kickflipped through the side wall.) I'll see how I like 'em in a month or so, but so far so good.

EDIT: The laces aren't worn down one bit and I doubt they're going to rip at all.
how the fuck? my G6s were the most durable shoe I've ever had (had to stop wearing them though because they hurt my feet [not true to size size]). Either the vincent shoe is over the moon durable or we just skate different.

I've been skating the Lakai Howard XLK for about a month and I just got through all the rubber on the flick area and finally got it down to the suede, very nice shoe.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #20048 on: August 02, 2013, 08:22:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sorry for the huge pic

[close]

[close]
how the fuck? my G6s were the most durable shoe I've ever had (had to stop wearing them though because they hurt my feet [not true to size size]). Either the vincent shoe is over the moon durable or we just skate different.

I've been skating the Lakai Howard XLK for about a month and I just got through all the rubber on the flick area and finally got it down to the suede, very nice shoe.

I've had 2 pairs of G6. The maroon pair have outlasted my black pair by quite a bit.

Difference in fabric quality? Either that or I just haven't been skating enough...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #20049 on: August 02, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Since they are only 20? here in Greece I bought some og  red chuck hi's. I'm looking forward to try them for some pool/mini skating. One thing I still dont get it's why they are 60? in my country.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20050 on: August 02, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »
Picked up the Janoski's today, Busenitz earlier in the week.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

iLuhTahGOLF

« Reply #20051 on: August 02, 2013, 09:38:45 PM »
Picked up the Janoski's today, Busenitz earlier in the week.

damn clean Busenitz, love the colorway

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #20052 on: August 02, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »

$35 shipped off ebay 2nd cons shoes i've had and its holding up really well
Mmmmmm Trapasso Mids! What a great shoe.

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #20053 on: August 03, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »

Why not just skate more? Pretty sure it's just as effective, if not more so than running.

Will Easley

« Reply #20054 on: August 03, 2013, 01:20:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why not just skate more? Pretty sure it's just as effective, if not more so than running.

Running is probably better for your cardio. yes you can get a workout skating all day but that doesnt push your breathing the same way that constantly running does

Chris

• Rep: -15
  • bouncin' checks
« Reply #20055 on: August 03, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »
The BA's are a let down. I don't know what I expected, but not that.

Just picked up another pair of Lakai Manchesters

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20056 on: August 03, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »
Here's what those P-Rod 7's look like after about 2.5 weeks of heavy skating. the lighting makes them look brighter than what they really are. they're really more of a darker red. Ill probably give em a couple more weeks before I post a review. Durability is really the last thing i need to test for, but overall its looking to be a pretty positive review. Ill probably end up getting a few more pairs of these down the line.

Will - are the ollie areas on these PRod's suede or leather? Hard to tell by the photo. I'm debating buying a pair of skate shoes I like, but in a leather version, just not sure how durable they're going to be compared to suede.

Will Easley

« Reply #20057 on: August 03, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Here's what those P-Rod 7's look like after about 2.5 weeks of heavy skating. the lighting makes them look brighter than what they really are. they're really more of a darker red. Ill probably give em a couple more weeks before I post a review. Durability is really the last thing i need to test for, but overall its looking to be a pretty positive review. Ill probably end up getting a few more pairs of these down the line.

[close]

Will - are the ollie areas on these PRod's suede or leather? Hard to tell by the photo. I'm debating buying a pair of skate shoes I like, but in a leather version, just not sure how durable they're going to be compared to suede.

The suede on the prod 7's pretty much covers all the Ollie areas, with minimal wear on the leather parts. I haven't skated leather shoes in forever but it mostly depends on the quality they're made of, good leather should last longer than normal suede but if its cheap then that most likely wont be the case

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20058 on: August 03, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

**P Rod pic
[close]

[close]

The suede on the prod 7's pretty much covers all the Ollie areas, with minimal wear on the leather parts. I haven't skated leather shoes in forever but it mostly depends on the quality they're made of, good leather should last longer than normal suede but if its cheap then that most likely wont be the case

Thanks for the reply. Now I see the suede parts on the PRod.

I was going to buy a pair of the Gino Court Challenges and they are mostly leather. I got to thinking about how long it's been since I've actually skated a pair of leather shoes and honestly couldn't remember how durable an all leather shoe was. Nike seems to do more with leather than most other shoe manus.

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #20059 on: August 03, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »
The emerica reynolds mids Ive been skating most of the summer are coming to the end of their life cycle. They were pretty great shoes, super durable and comfortable, the grip is finally starting to bald and the shoe is becoming misshapen. I have a pair of suede all black ipath cats I tried skating, theyre not too bad, thinner and way less durable then I would have imagined. Theyre comfortable to walk around in though, I'll probably just bear through trying to skate them until they blow out, which shouldnt be too hard, since the minimal Ive skated them put a hurt in already.

Next:
Thank you based ebay gods

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #20060 on: August 03, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
The BA's are a let down. I don't know what I expected, but not that.

Just picked up another pair of Lakai Manchesters

I tried them on and I had to get a half size down, one full size fits ok. Weird sizing.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ontheswarm

« Reply #20061 on: August 04, 2013, 08:11:51 AM »
So I just got these new cts mids and for some reason the area where my pinky toe is is rubbing really hard against it. Was at work today and I could barely walk after a few hours of wear. I noticed it happened with sk8 his too. Was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent fix the problem?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #20062 on: August 04, 2013, 08:27:42 AM »
So I just got these new cts mids and for some reason the area where my pinky toe is is rubbing really hard against it. Was at work today and I could barely walk after a few hours of wear. I noticed it happened with sk8 his too. Was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent fix the problem?

either go half size up, or wear thicker socks, that's about all you can do short of getting creative. That's the main reason I stopped wearing sk8 hi's, it just became a pain in the ass to deal with. Sorry man

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #20063 on: August 04, 2013, 09:46:22 AM »

All but one pair of CTS mids and sk8hi's I've had, have this same problem. You gotta go in there with a fresh razorblade and cut out the extra fabric from the seam there from the inside. its a bitch.
with sk8h's in particular, it can also help to cut the threads from the outside that hold the side section to the toe section to free up some room/flexability in that area.
@idealhandmades

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #20064 on: August 04, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
Has anyone skated the Cab Lites?   Thoughts? 
hardly art, hardly starving

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #20065 on: August 04, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »

just finished up a pair. i snagged em on because they were on sale, theyre alright shoes. boardfeel and grip are amazing like most vans, but they get ollie holes fast, again like your typical pair of vans lol.

if you are skating tranny mostly id say go for em but for drops, ledges etc, if you must have vans, get the half cab pros.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #20066 on: August 04, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just finished up a pair. i snagged em on because they were on sale, theyre alright shoes. boardfeel and grip are amazing like most vans, but they get ollie holes fast, again like your typical pair of vans lol.

if you are skating tranny mostly id say go for em but for drops, ledges etc, if you must have vans, get the half cab pros.

Vans Pros are always so bulky...esp cant stand the duracap. 
hardly art, hardly starving

GY

« Reply #20067 on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »
Any opinions on Huf Choices? Looking at getting some

ontheswarm

« Reply #20068 on: August 04, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All but one pair of CTS mids and sk8hi's I've had, have this same problem. You gotta go in there with a fresh razorblade and cut out the extra fabric from the seam there from the inside. its a bitch.
with sk8h's in particular, it can also help to cut the threads from the outside that hold the side section to the toe section to free up some room/flexability in that area.
Thanks man I'm going to do this forsure I noticed my the low cts don't bother me at all. So thats what I'm thinking is the problem.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20069 on: August 04, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »
Any opinions on Huf Choices? Looking at getting some
They're really good, like reeeeeeeeally good. I'm skating the all black ones and they have to be one of my favorite shoes I've ever skated.