Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1902791 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #25620 on: June 08, 2024, 07:18:47 AM »
Sorry for your loss. I lost a family member to brain cancer once, terrible disease

thank you, ed. he had open heart surgery as a toddler, had a stroke at 17, had testicular cancer right before the brain cancer. he suffered a lot throughout his life, but he was always so joyful and full of life.

I am sorry for your loss, too.

T4T

• Rep: 15
  • fake and lame
« Reply #25621 on: June 11, 2024, 03:21:03 AM »
car needs more work, I already can't afford the work that's been done so far. Can barely afford the finance payments on the fucking thing.

"this is going to be the reliable one, shouldn't cause me many issues"

least reliable car I've ever owned.

schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

Jebediah

• Rep: 108
« Reply #25622 on: June 11, 2024, 01:26:32 PM »
Seriously burned out on my job.

I wanna quit and be a bum but I have a cat to take care of 🐱

Really though I have ideas and goals to become self employed but who knows how realistic they really are. I get so demotivated by the end of the work week I don't want to do a damn thing.

Self motivating to create a liveable income being my own boss is the dream, although a scary proposition.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #25623 on: June 12, 2024, 12:59:29 AM »
Shtonk, I think the answer to the first part of your post is that if someone speaks on something they are not stoked on in here, you are more than welcome to respond to them in a kind, mature manner that is encouraging. Whether you have experience with it or not, sometimes just acknowledging the hardships another fellow skater is experiencing, and sympathizing with them or showing empathy, would, by nature, be appreciated, I'm sure.

Expand Quote
Sorry for your loss. I lost a family member to brain cancer once, terrible disease
[close]

thank you, ed. he had open heart surgery as a toddler, had a stroke at 17, had testicular cancer right before the brain cancer. he suffered a lot throughout his life, but he was always so joyful and full of life.

It sounds like he went through a lot, but was able to share good times with you, @fineslime .

Thanks for your condolences too. It was a long time ago for me (so it gets better, trust me).

But I remember when it was deemed definitely terminal -- she was bedridden in hospice at that point and I had just had knee surgery from skating so we were both laid up in the living room together (lol). Sounds like a nightmare but it was actually a fond memory for me.

Anyways, she was very religious as well and, while I'm not, I get some solace knowing that God as she knew Him needed someone like her to teach kids in Heaven. So it's probably the same for your brother; Someone up there needed a good person.

Keep your head up and dm me if you want.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 01:23:53 AM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Shtonk

• Rep: -566
« Reply #25624 on: June 12, 2024, 07:10:47 AM »
Shtonk, I think the answer to the first part of your post is that if someone speaks on something they are not stoked on in here, you are more than welcome to respond to them in a kind, mature manner that is encouraging. Whether you have experience with it or not, sometimes just acknowledging the hardships another fellow skater is experiencing, and sympathizing with them or showing empathy, would, by nature, be appreciated, I'm sure.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It sounds like he went through a lot, but was able to share good times with you, @fineslime .

Thanks for your condolences too. It was a long time ago for me (so it gets better, trust me).

But I remember when it was deemed definitely terminal -- she was bedridden in hospice at that point and I had just had knee surgery from skating so we were both laid up in the living room together (lol). Sounds like a nightmare but it was actually a fond memory for me.

Anyways, she was very religious as well and, while I'm not, I get some solace knowing that God as she knew Him needed someone like her to teach kids in Heaven. So it's probably the same for your brother; Someone up there needed a good person.

Keep your head up and dm me if you want.
Cheers mate. So sorry for both of your losses.

Shtonk

• Rep: -566
« Reply #25625 on: June 12, 2024, 07:13:48 AM »

Really though I have ideas and goals to become self employed but who knows how realistic they really are. I get so demotivated by the end of the work week I don't want to do a damn thing.

Self motivating to create a liveable income being my own boss is the dream, although a scary proposition.

I don't know what you work in so this might be useless advice but joining and getting active in a union can make a lot of difference. I also know a bunch of tradesmen who have all joined syndicates of some or other kind (a collectively run carpenter's business, an anarchist bakery, a communal farm and a car garage) - they must be the happiest working people I know.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #25626 on: June 16, 2024, 03:48:09 PM »
A dude I grew up skating with has died.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Dojsha Abuser

• Rep: -26
« Reply #25627 on: June 16, 2024, 08:50:17 PM »
A dude I grew up skating with has died.

<3

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #25628 on: June 16, 2024, 09:05:43 PM »

I'm feeling the same right now except I have 2 kids instead of a cat...

Also, Father's Day was some miserable bullshit. It's always nice to feel utterly unappreciated.

Unkle Fleak

• Rep: 22
    • Scumbari (band) avatar image
« Reply #25629 on: June 17, 2024, 11:19:47 AM »
A fuckin local cop just flexed on me. And affirmed my confidence in saying I don't answer questions. No you can not ride my board.

So I'm walking up the hill. He felt the need to come back and try to frame me up.

I stopped intentionally Infront on a crowd of diners. I shouted SOMEONE FILM THIS! I TOLD HIM HE COULD NOT RIDE MY BOARD AND NOW THIS!

I'm recording he said with a smile.

Now this an exskater who clearly didn't look at my non existing criminal record. He said I'm doing an investigation. I need you to look at a photo of this graffiti artist. I said I'm not telling you anything about anyone. I'm no rat.

He called for vs.

He spotted my ball point. Vs tried to grab it off my body. I held it up.

I do not do any crimes. I have no criminal records. I'm going to work.

They didn't care. The plain clothed officer wanted to search me. I have no fuckin idea why

They held up the photo. It's a fat guy with a tye dye baggy pants and nikes.

He said you shaved. I said that's a fat yuppie. And he's wearing Nikes!

That's the fuckin enemy.
He laughed and said yeah Nike sucks get out of here.

I know they are about to swoop in and fuck my vlwhole life up again and I haven't done anything at all.

WTF !!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 11:30:54 AM by Unkle Fleak »

Unkle Fleak

• Rep: 22
    • Scumbari (band) avatar image
« Reply #25630 on: June 17, 2024, 11:31:29 AM »
I hope that fuckin asshole master reads this. DICK NEVER GETTING ON MY BOARD