Author Topic: STUFF SKATE PEOPLE DONT LIKE  (Read 15945 times)

Moist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
Re: STUFF SKATE PEOPLE DONT LIKE
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2010, 05:28:08 AM »
Big group of scooter kids that just sit around and don't do anything except for yell shit out to each other and throw food around making a complete fucking mess of the park.

Kids who wear beanies in summer.

This one dude that skates my local quite frequently who is really quiet and keeps to himself the whole time trys alot of tricks that he obviously can't do and knows he can't but yells out FUCK as loud as he can and throws his board around. Really kills the mood.

FonSicka

• Rep: 1
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2010, 07:34:09 AM »
Every time we bring/build a box/ledge to the park it's turned to rubble in a couple days.

Now having to stretch before skating and having my knee throb after every session.

kevbo999

« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2010, 07:58:29 AM »
unless you've been consistently buying girl/chocolate, darkstars or blanks, then i don't think you can really blame your board for you snapping it ollieing off curbs. no offense, but you're probably just one of those dudes that stomp their tricks down super hard (i used to be one of them and would go through a ton of boards) or you're fat. but i'm guessing it's the former (2nd) so i'd suggest trying to be a little bit more light footed on your landings.

I weigh like 170, I'd say that's about average?  I do stomp my shit kinda hard sometimes, but I'm paying 60 bucks for a piece of wood I should be able to land on the tail a couple times before it starts to crack.  Decks are a rip off unless you're a twig yourself.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2010, 08:13:30 AM »
Rain, snow, high winds.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »
I hate when I'm playing a game of skate with one person and someone else comes up and asks to "jump in." I used to just tell them the tricks and let them play, but now I just say "no." and skate away.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
I don't like when kids challege me to a game of skate, then try to do that 'last trick gets two tries' bullshit.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2010, 09:05:08 AM »
I never understood why the last trick gets priority over all others.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2010, 09:11:51 AM »
I hate playing skate.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1498
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2010, 09:17:45 AM »
Most memorable game of skate I had was at Ewa Beach skatepark (1999-2000) against some annoying kid who could only ollie, pop shuv, and kickflip.  I forget what trick I was trying to land (I'm thinking it was a frontside nollie heel on the quarterpipe), but this kid interrupted me to play a game so I just did a basic 5 trick run that didn't incorporate any of the tricks he knew and just went back to trying whatever trick I was doing without even bothering to watch if the kid landed any of them.  Needless to say that kid never asked me to play ever again.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
Not being able to skate 24/7
99.9% of civilians while street skating
Lack of etiquette towards fellow skaters
Anything other than a skateboard being used at a skatepark
Dirty griptape
Flat spotted wheels
Parents bring their kids to places like FDR to learn how to skate (such a great idea with grown men flying about @ 30mph)
Fighting with the above parents after you politely explain that this may not be the best place to learn skateboarding
My gut..

The list could go on but I'm just stoked to be able to roll at all.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2010, 10:30:49 AM »
Most memorable game of skate I had was at Ewa Beach skatepark (1999-2000) against some annoying kid who could only ollie, pop shuv, and kickflip.  I forget what trick I was trying to land (I'm thinking it was a frontside nollie heel on the quarterpipe), but this kid interrupted me to play a game so I just did a basic 5 trick run that didn't incorporate any of the tricks he knew and just went back to trying whatever trick I was doing without even bothering to watch if the kid landed any of them.  Needless to say that kid never asked me to play ever again.

next time just do every single shove it variation and then the kid will be even more upset that he lost without even a single flip trick being done.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 340
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
people who think they understand skateboarding
[close]

assholes in cars that scream out of the window at you while driving by
[close]

Up until Sunday I thought losers only did this to skateboarders. But me and my friend were hungover, goofing around playing tennis. Some dude drives by the court, slows downs and is like "YEaeeaeEEEEaaaaaa TENNIS, FAGS!!!" and drives away. How awesome is that.

I'm guilty of doing this to attractive girls on bikes while in the passenger's seat.
something about that ass all perked on that saddle just drives me bonkers.
oooooowee!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
next time just do every single shove it variation and then the kid will be even more upset that he lost without even a single flip trick being done.
may the word of RAWB be with you.
and also with you.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
yeah i am kind of sick of it too. i always do the same tricks, heel varial, half cab heel, fakie fs heel, half cab flip, bs bigspin, double flip, fakie double flip, fakie big heel. if they are still in the game ill usually get double heelflip on the 2nd try and then sometimes i get lucky and get fakie double heel and then if they are not out by then i will be too exhausted to win or simply will not be able to produce enough difficult tricks to get said party out.

if you ever want to beat me at skate just do switch flip, switch heel, nollie flip, nollie heel, switch 360 flip. i might get the switch heel but that is like a 1 in 100 chance.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
I hate when I'm playing a game of skate with one person and someone else comes up and asks to "jump in." I used to just tell them the tricks and let them play, but now I just say "no." and skate away.

... ive had kids ask to play me in skate and say "ill have s-k-a-t, and you dont have any letters, ok?" i want to spit in their faces.

are you referring to the 2 tries you get on the last one? i dont get that either. the first time ive seen it done was on the berrics. thats a good way to weed out the kooks.
...but if im playing a friend, and he has s-k-a-t, i wont do a simple trick knowing that my friend cant do it. i try to do something im not too good at, and that my friend has a chance at... so i guess i give it priority in that aspect....

russ

• Rep: -10
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »
BMXers rocking the shoelace belt. Get off our dicks!

Davy

« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
Fucking scene kids
Kids who only skate at the park everything single day of there lives and act like it makes them better than you
People who constantly ask if you can kickflip
That every douche in town now has a pair of era's, authentics, or chukkas
Colored skinny jeans
And how everybody assumes that because your carrying a skateboard you are about to steal stuff and re-enact scenes from Jackass 2

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2010, 03:29:45 PM »
Imaging the horror if all of things in this thread are putted in 1 movie. My god.

Games of skates are really fun to do against friends. You just try tricks that you're not very good at instead of all the basics. If you do this you learn and re-learn nice tricks everyday.
I only do this with friends, because if I now the guy you play against just tries to win, you try it too. I can be a lot of fun, but the game has its down sides, i agree.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Davy

« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2010, 03:30:53 PM »
When somebody whines about working all the time and then can't even go skate without somebody else to watch him. Then he bombards me with video parts until I just agree to it so he'll stop pestering me. I mean seriously, I've got my girlfriend and good friends to hang out with too. It's not like I don't care about skating, I just got a skate tattoo, ffs.
I laughed out loud

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2010, 03:38:18 PM »

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

... ive had kids ask to play me in skate and say "ill have s-k-a-t, and you dont have any letters, ok?" i want to spit in their faces.

Expand Quote
[close]

are you referring to the 2 tries you get on the last one? i dont get that either. the first time ive seen it done was on the berrics. thats a good way to weed out the kooks.
...but if im playing a friend, and he has s-k-a-t, i wont do a simple trick knowing that my friend cant do it. i try to do something im not too good at, and that my friend has a chance at... so i guess i give it priority in that aspect....

when we play, we allow whoever's about to be out to choose whether it's them or the person who set the trick to "prove it." if the person who set the trick fucks up on it the 2nd time around, the game goes on. I think it adds to the fun, especially if you really know your friend and what he's really consistant at. You also have one in-game "chance" allowed, where you get to try something you fucked up on that you're certain you can do 2nd try. If you make it, you don't get the initial letter, and if you fuck up your chance, you still only get the one letter you were going to get anyway.

it's a very forgiving and light-hearted set of rules. we also accept almost any amount of sketchiness so long as the feet don't touch the ground completely or you turn 3/4ths the way/still land with any momentum for any rotating trick.

only down side with these rules is that sometimes the games will go on so long that it'll just desolve into a "try this trick with me!" session, which is also sort of an up-side
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Skateboarder.

• Rep: 4
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »
girls

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »
Cracks don't bother me so much as entire side walk squares that are basically gravel, like a giant dragged his sack accross it or something.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 782
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »
Girls that are probably 14 that sit on the picnic table, where my smokes are, and instantly ask for a cigarette. SO annoying.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
People who take a fucking shit don't turn on a fan then proceed to leave the bathroom and leave the door wide the fuck open
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU You, you nasty fucks! Obviously you just took a gnarly shit and you don't have any common courtesy to close the door and not let your shit smell float around the house.  No one wants to smell your shit!  It's always women too..
^not that, that was skateboarding related.
but also...

KIDS WHO EAT FUCKING SUNFLOWER SEEDS AT THE PARK!! GOD DAMNIT!

They spit those shells fucking everywhere.

anyone that scowls at you for riding a skateboard, go fuck yourself.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2010, 11:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i hate skate and skatepark kids, so i do this all the time when asked to play. no one ever wants to play me anymore and im more than okay with this...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1498
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »
Kids who chew fucking GUM at the park and spit out their fucking GUM anywhere in the park where you can fucking step in their GUM and get it on your fucking grip.  Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK.  Also, kids who spit EVERYWHERE so you end up falling and you find a wet spot on your back that is their saliva.  Fucking shit, get a spitoon.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2010, 12:19:07 AM »
spitting on the concrete at a skatepark is grounds for a beatdown dismissive glare

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2010, 02:41:26 AM »
spitting on the concrete at a skatepark is grounds for a beatdown dismissive glare

Yeah, fuckers will sit on a ledge and just spit a huge pile of spit right on the ground in front of them right on a runway to a ledge or what not then you step in it and it gets on your griptape.  Then you're bummed.

If I see someone doing that I always confront them about it.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.