Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3080634 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2026
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42750 on: August 04, 2021, 07:30:55 AM »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Banned from the room

« Reply #42751 on: August 05, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »

We got a skinhead reggae/ punk band recording in my room as I type.

Should I have asked them for money or something tho.

I'm fucking communist idiot.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:04:37 PM by Uncle Flea »

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #42752 on: August 06, 2021, 05:39:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ask them what being a walking contradiction aka a skinhead ska band is like
make sure you call them a ska band to piss them off
say chicothetorch did it

Gonna lob a knowledge bomb your way real quick so in future interactions you don’t come across as uninformed...

Skinhead culture originated in working class suburbs of England with Jamaican immigrants in the early 1960’s. White kids saw it and thought it was cool as shit. Being a skinhead was a sign of working class pride, and the soundtrack to that was the original ska, dancehall, and eventually reggae. Ska predates reggae and it’s name as a genre as been misappropriated (much like skinheads but I’ll get to that in a minute). Now people think ska is derivative of reggae and means chubby 13 year olds at a sleepover listening to catch-22 and eating mozzarella sticks.

In the 1980s the National Front came to grow into a political juggernaut and life in England was fucking brutal at the time. The National Front used very trumpian tactics of angering the working class and creating more division amongst them by creating and stoking race hatred and bigotry. The National Front saw the working class skins as a ripe target for their cause and recruited SOME of the pissed off kids to join them. This was where the division began and the differentiation between SHARPS and Boneheads was created. Boneheads are racist skins. SHARPS are Skinheads Against Racial Predjudice which are vehemently Anti-Fascist and active in community organization and believe in class solidarity.

The tactics of The National Front were mirrored in the states by groups like WAR and The Hammerskins. Further muddying the water.

~~The More You Know~~
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #42753 on: August 06, 2021, 05:57:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

say chicothetorch did it

Please, just quickly skim over a wikipedia article on British punk/oi/skinhead culture

Banned from the room

« Reply #42754 on: August 06, 2021, 07:40:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

say chicothetorch did it
[close]

Gonna lob a knowledge bomb your way real quick so in future interactions you don’t come across as uninformed...

Skinhead culture originated in working class suburbs of England with Jamaican immigrants in the early 1960’s. White kids saw it and thought it was cool as shit. Being a skinhead was a sign of working class pride, and the soundtrack to that was the original ska, dancehall, and eventually reggae. Ska predates reggae and it’s name as a genre as been misappropriated (much like skinheads but I’ll get to that in a minute). Now people think ska is derivative of reggae and means chubby 13 year olds at a sleepover listening to catch-22 and eating mozzarella sticks.

In the 1980s the National Front came to grow into a political juggernaut and life in England was fucking brutal at the time. The National Front used very trumpian tactics of angering the working class and creating more division amongst them by creating and stoking race hatred and bigotry. The National Front saw the working class skins as a ripe target for their cause and recruited SOME of the pissed off kids to join them. This was where the division began and the differentiation between SHARPS and Boneheads was created. Boneheads are racist skins. SHARPS are Skinheads Against Racial Predjudice which are vehemently Anti-Fascist and active in community organization and believe in class solidarity.

The tactics of The National Front were mirrored in the states by groups like WAR and The Hammerskins. Further muddying the water.

~~The More You Know~~

Excellent!!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42755 on: August 06, 2021, 08:10:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

say chicothetorch did it
[close]

~~The More You Know~~

this should be a script for some sort of short youtube vid about the history of skinhead culture.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #42756 on: August 09, 2021, 01:53:04 PM »
Started a new job today after being unemployed and broke for a few months.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #42757 on: August 09, 2021, 10:32:56 PM »
Those YouTube videos where they’re cleaning out ears of people and dogs and shit
Found a dope one where they clean this guinea pigs ears out, crazy to think a guinea pig got that sort of yield
Seen those poo sack ones it’s just like two old ladies that dedicated their lives to cleaning out the poo sacs of old ass guinea pigs

The pimple ones are alright and there’s some gnarly ones like horse chest abscess getting lanced and crazy hoof infections, smegma bean but I think the ear wax ones are the best

Also the teeth calculus videos are alright there’s some full craze ones where cunts been growing rocks in their mouths for like 20 years and did fuck all about it the whole time and when they break the rock open all the teeth come away too cause the rock was only thing holding their shit together

Fucken stoked on those types of videos
listen to cosmic psychos

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 349
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #42758 on: August 09, 2021, 11:32:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

say chicothetorch did it

Why even bother with a reply like this without even knowing the surface level history of what you're talking about

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #42759 on: August 10, 2021, 06:20:33 PM »
Getting to go on a solo road trip from MI to CO to see pops. Only see him once a year and he has a degenerative nerve disease, so we are soaking up as much fun with each visit while we can. He's gonna take me fishing in his fishing specific kayak, which I didn't even know existed.
Chris Robert’s is bald and that’s why he wears long sleeves

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #42760 on: August 10, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »
Getting to go on a solo road trip from MI to CO to see pops. Only see him once a year and he has a degenerative nerve disease, so we are soaking up as much fun with each visit while we can. He's gonna take me fishing in his fishing specific kayak, which I didn't even know existed.

Fishing kayaks are sick! Sounds like a rad trip, stoked for you.

I'm stoked that after 8 weeks my ankles are healed enough to pop small ollies and do slappies. I could probably do a kickflip but I'm scared of landing primo. Baby steps.

quackquack

• Rep: -448
« Reply #42761 on: August 10, 2021, 07:15:32 PM »
Started a new job today after being unemployed and broke for a few months.

Congratulations, that's gotta feel good.
Oh, the places you'll go.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1446
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42762 on: August 10, 2021, 08:59:42 PM »
pretty stoked on the van I bought a few weeks ago. got a really wildly low price on a clean van. '85 Vanagon GL 1.9L 4 on the floor. shit's tight. What's wicked is that we drove it 300 miles home from sea level to 3200ft numerous times in high heat and it made it. It was a south central Oregon vehicle its whole life so there's noooooo rust at all and it's in really good shape. gotta swap that free state dual exhaust for a cat and emissions testing in CA, but that's pretty easy too. Just dropped my 36yr old fuel tank to replace tank, grommets, and lines. just waiting on hose to come in the mail. in the mean time, I'm degreasing/cleaning undercarriage of 36 yrs worth of grease, dirt, and oil. old bank card, wire brush, simple green spray bottle, and rags do a fine job. Although the interior was intact, it was a loved and lived in van for sure. So I've stripped the interior panels and will gradually buy pieces of baltic birch to trace panels onto, cut, and coat as a replacement. It's some real mellow shit and easy to get lost for hours messing around out there. All the better is that my homie has been working on these things for 25 years and has just about everything I need as far as knowledge and parts go.

Also been helping that dude work on vans for other people, which is cool to make a few dollars but also because it really demystifies the whole mechanic thing. already assisted in removing and installing 4wd synchro transmission. next step with that van is to get the electric motor in (86 Westfalia synchro 4wd, electric is bad fucking ass). on another van we also removed pop top roof to install tent, reinstalled roof.

Support your local skate shop

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1732
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42763 on: August 11, 2021, 02:15:09 AM »

I forgot about this part of my childhood
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #42764 on: August 11, 2021, 05:00:40 AM »
Damn @IusedToSkateMore , post some pics of that puppy when you finish it up!
Chris Robert’s is bald and that’s why he wears long sleeves

Yu Dum

« Reply #42765 on: August 11, 2021, 05:56:53 AM »
Today’s my birthday.  :)

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42766 on: August 11, 2021, 11:50:39 AM »
happy birthday!

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #42767 on: August 11, 2021, 12:15:28 PM »

Happy birthday! You are one of the good posters on here. Please keep on posting.

Yu Dum

« Reply #42768 on: August 11, 2021, 01:01:49 PM »
Thanks, Pals. :)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42769 on: August 11, 2021, 02:27:05 PM »
happy birthday BF!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #42770 on: August 11, 2021, 09:11:46 PM »
I met up with a friend today at a theme park 6 flags fiesta Texas, he brought me mushrooms that he grew and shroom chocolates he made. We both ate 3.5ish grams and then spent the next few hours going on roller coasters; there were very few lines. Some rides we only waited 5-10 minutes, some there was no wait at all. One ride we had to wait about 25 minutes but we had a blast.
The shrooms gave me a strong body high but not a visual high. Also afterwards he was gonna give me a ride back to my hotel and we went to his apt first and he gave me 10 more grams in chocolates and 16 grams of mushrooms for me to take home with me.
Fun ass day.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #42771 on: August 12, 2021, 01:05:32 PM »
My wife and I just remodeled our kitchen, and coming to the end of it we were running out of cash. Basically just enough to pay the contractor for labor and I was crossing my fingers for what he was going to charge for materials (drywall, lumber, electrical). Last week I had to have a plumber come out and install my sink and that cost way more than I was expecting, so today I called my mortgage company to ask if I could have until the end of the month to pay. They reviewed my mortgage and got me refinanced without the personal mortgage insurance, lowered my interest rate, and dropped my monthly payment more than $300. I'm also getting a few grand back from my escrow since we'll have a new loan, and there was some other bonus $2000 that's coming my way. I was fucking jumping up and down talking to the mortgage lady on the phone. BEYOND stoked.

My kitchen is fucking beautiful too. So happy right now.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #42772 on: August 13, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
It’s Friday the 13th.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #42773 on: August 14, 2021, 07:26:48 AM »
lethargy. i mean that sarcastically but it is a bit of a motivator

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #42774 on: August 14, 2021, 11:18:25 PM »
Rewatching Blessed and Tyshawn does a fucking switch bs 270 lipslide on a fucking handrail.

How isn't this a bigger deal and why weren't there entire threads made about this

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2026
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42775 on: August 15, 2021, 12:13:25 AM »
Had a great session with all the guys from my old crew, but of them nursing old injuries so it was nice just see them push around:
Dude 1 - had bad ankles, knees, hips, back and neck from working as a chef, did his physio and he's back after 6 months
Dude 2 - had a bad ankle injury a few weeks ago but he popped back and ripped without missing a beat
Dude 3 - hasn't skated in months, talks more about skating than actually skating, recently became a dad but was nice to see him again

Grew up with these guys when we were 14, stoked I can still spend time with them 20 years later.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #42776 on: August 15, 2021, 02:38:02 PM »
I’m stoned out of my mind at this school, trippy little morning
Was gonna do like 4 hours here then drive to Gladstone but there’s fuck all to do here so I’m gonna go now
The induction took one hour and this other dudes driving, it’s a 5 hour drive so no actual work today

Gonna get him to stop for beers the bottle shops will be open in three hours

Thinking about taking the skateboard I gotta go home first anyway

We get this extra money for going away I guess it’s kinda like per diem I’m gonna spend today’s at the yacht club this arvo
listen to cosmic psychos

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • illinoying
« Reply #42777 on: August 15, 2021, 07:01:34 PM »
Been stressed about a big pour at our diy , my mud family took care of it . Big skate jam for Josiah ,victim of tk, bitter sweet enjoying the bash with dudes I havnt seen in many years. People drove from all over the country to show love and skate the sweaty glen ellen Park.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #42778 on: August 15, 2021, 07:19:43 PM »
My best friend just moved back in state. We had a great skate session yesterday then played skate 3 and drank some beer. Rewatched Kyle walkers part and various other skate vids. Needed that

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #42779 on: August 16, 2021, 11:04:28 AM »
Had a great session with all the guys from my old crew, but of them nursing old injuries so it was nice just see them push around:
Dude 1 - had bad ankles, knees, hips, back and neck from working as a chef, did his physio and he's back after 6 months
Dude 2 - had a bad ankle injury a few weeks ago but he popped back and ripped without missing a beat
Dude 3 - hasn't skated in months, talks more about skating than actually skating, recently became a dad but was nice to see him again

Grew up with these guys when we were 14, stoked I can still spend time with them 20 years later.

I had one of those sessions earlier this year. Best part was it was just outside one guys house and we skated boxes and flat rails just like we did back in 9th grade. Glad you and your buddies had fun, it's definitely hard to get that stuff going after people start serious careers and having kids.