Author Topic: epicly later'd pop's edition  (Read 49236 times)

Landshark

Re: epicly later'd pop's edition
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2009, 08:43:14 PM »
Man, I really wish this thread didn't devolve into rants and personal attacks.

What happened to Pops? This is his thread after all, not the COTG and Gravel Pitch vs. Slap majority thread.

TheKarmessiah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
  • YAH!
    • KARMBOOK avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »

What happened to Pops? This is his thread after all, not the COTG and Gravel Pitch vs. Slap majority thread.

shut up. I think im like him in how doing the same old routine just gets old. change is good if you ask me
I'd go gay for BA.

twitter.com/karmessiah

gravel pitch

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »

What else would you guys be talking about? Pops is a boring ass dude anyways. His whole outlook on skating is doing simple things.

Maybe I hate too much on him, but it still pisses me off that he didn't even wana leave New York while everyone else busted their ass on the road. I think he's just lazy and uses this whole "get back to basics" shit as an excuse. He acts like he doesn't even want to be a pro skateboarder, which would be fine by me.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
COTG = Carlton from Fresh Prince.  Simi-ass delusion drama queen.
[close]

hahah thats a different way to put it.
[close]
I knew some cornball was going to laugh at that. That's not even funny, nor does it make any sense. You guys just wait for someone to throw a corny joke about me out there and laugh regardless if it's funny or not. I honestly don't understand it.
yeah that joke wasn't funny at all. i don't see the connection.

no one you know

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2009, 09:53:45 PM »
Hey gravel pitch, you should avoid topics about skaters who you don't like. Popps does basic tricks in a very advanced manner. For example, a nollie bs 180 is a really basic trick, but Popps does it over a high ass bar into a bank. That sw bs 50-50 he does in mosiac and the bs 50-50 he does in the following clip are both super sick, and if you did them on a funbox at theberrics then it would be a basic trick. His line in I.E. is sick as well when he does the nollie flip, ollies up a ledge, and then crooked grinds that shit forever. To me his style hasn't changed, he still sounds the same as when he did back in the day. If you add up all his video parts, all his tour/demo footy, and all his ads, Popps has a ton of stuff, the guy rips. You are a fucking person hating on that bs 360 kickflip he does in fully flared.

pube tube

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »
Fuck whatever bullshit this thread has turned into.   

That was fuckin sick and I can't wait for part 2!

biggums mcgee

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
I like the dude simply because of the way he does things. This epicly later'd show delved alot more into that, and I'm loving it. Its a quality of style I enjoy in alot more people than just professional skateboarders...

not to mention, I check his part in photosynthesis every day for the fakie crooks, fakie 5-0 line at love and the popshove it nose manuel revert at flushing..dude is one of the few people in skateboarding I can feel happy nerding-out over.

sal23

« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »
With all the pop's hate i figured id toss up his parts just to rub it in cotg's face
for fucks sake. I've never seen any person ever hate as much as you do
Are there any skaters you acturally like?
jesus christ

leadbelly

• Rep: 2
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »
He has a speech impediment and makes excuses for sucking. I don't see how you can respect this guy. I also want to point out that he had the audacity to insinuate that his part would be the only watchable part in 10 years. This dude is delusional on so many levels.
how are you going to attack the guy because he has a speech impediment? its arbitrary man, its like someone saying you cant be respected because you are black or because someone is disabled. take a lesson from pops, maybe i am looking into him to much but look how he pauses before he says something. he thinks about what he says before he says it and in turn doesn't sound regular like you do. you are the delusional one, show me a better looking switch shuv nosegrind, with a hardflip manual before it. also important to note it was at a real street spot and not in the berrics
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:44:54 PM by leadbelly »

biggums mcgee

« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2009, 10:52:03 PM »
good stuff sal, I'm gonna post this up just to keep child in the kiddie pool's flame lit

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
You guys posted videos of Anthony pappolardo. I'm really angry now! I honestly wish i could understand you people's thought processes. Why would you posting videos of him make me mad? You guys are probably sitting behind the computer hype as hell " Yea This'll show him".

pube tube

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2009, 10:59:39 PM »
good stuff sal, I'm gonna post this up just to keep child in the kiddie pool's flame lit

He has such a good switch flip.

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2009, 11:00:19 PM »
heh

biggums mcgee

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2009, 11:01:13 PM »
well, I got hyped on that stuff, then remembered how much you hate east coast skateboarding. and that montage has some great east coast stuff, so I figured maybe you'de come around.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2009, 11:01:24 PM »
We're still waiting on that front shove nosegrind shove out footage...

bottom line, he's skating the way he wants, and getting paid on top of it.  all you people angry about it are the assholes in this situation.  He isn't lazy, he's just doing what he wants. 

sal23

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2009, 11:01:52 PM »
You guys posted videos of Anthony pappolardo. I'm really angry now! I honestly wish i could understand you people's thought processes. Why would you posting videos of him make me mad? You guys are probably sitting behind the computer hype as hell " Yea This'll show him".
orrrrrrrr
we're thinking
A. "holy shit! Is this dude serious?"
B."Was this kid dropped on his head or something?"
C. "What a fucking joke. Let's see if I cant stir up anymore bullshit replys by posting more pops videos"

I'm gunna go with all of the above sir

bottom line, he's skating the way he wants, and getting paid on top of it.  all you people angry about it are the assholes in this situation.  He isn't lazy, he's just doing what he wants. 

exactly.
I almost get the feeling he's over looking the part anthony said "I want to look back in 10years and get siked"

pretty sure the dude is just doing want he wants and doesnt give afuck what COTG thinks hahaha
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:06:37 PM by sal23 »

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2009, 11:03:23 PM »
whens part two going up!?!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
orrrrrrrr
we're thinking
C. "What a fucking joke. Let's see if I cant stir up anymore bullshit replys by posting more pops videos"

Expand Quote

[close]

exactly.
I almost get the feeling he's over looking the part anthony said "I want to look back in 10years and get siked"

pretty sure the dude is just doing want he wants and doesnt give afuck what COTG thinks hahaha
He said Menikmati sucked after 3 months and that his part will be wacthable 10 years from now. Who's really the asshole?

pube tube

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2009, 11:29:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
orrrrrrrr
we're thinking

Expand Quote

[close]

exactly.

[close]
He said Menikmati sucked after 3 months and that his part will be wacthable 10 years from now. Who's really the asshole?
Actually he said that HE could watch it 10 years from now and HE would be hyped on it.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2009, 11:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote
popps is sick
[close]

You say that no matter who it is, you don't even have opinions you just agree with whatever's put infront of you. Fuck you.

Pops is a loser. While the rest of the team was busting their ass to make a great video he sat around in New York being a lazy fuck. After wartching the Final Flare Documentary and hearing about the shit they went through to get the footy they wanted, then listening the Pops talk about how he'd only film once in a while and didn't take it seriously... it just confirms my feelings that he's nothing but a bum.

It's also funny to listen to him contradict himself, talking about how some people have no originality, then admitting his part was mostly basic tricks. What a prick. I'd like to hear about the exact reasons he got kicked off lakai.

Everything about you fucking sucks.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
orrrrrrrr
we're thinking

Expand Quote

[close]

exactly.

[close]
[close]
Actually he said that HE could watch it 10 years from now and HE would be hyped on it.
You're right. He still had the audacity to say menikmati sucked sucks though. He's still a herb.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2009, 11:47:26 PM »
an herb? You're fucking lame..

Here is your thought process every day.

"I'm gonna log on to a message board where I've posted 1,700 times and troll because I'm in desperate need for attention"

Get some fucking friends.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2009, 11:55:47 PM »
an herb? You're fucking lame..

Here is your thought process every day.

"I'm gonna log on to a message board where I've posted 1,700 times and troll because I'm in desperate need for attention"

Get some fucking friends.
You've got me pegged. You're A herb.

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg avatar image
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2009, 12:07:41 AM »
shut the fuck up its just skateboarding..an opinion is an opinion.  stubborn people will continue to be stubborn.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2009, 12:56:40 AM »
That thing he said about Menikmati
was down right blasphemy.

ableSkateMag.com

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2009, 01:49:37 AM »

he was just using the menikmati thing as an example. skateboarders will praise something then two minutes later hate it. we're skateboarders because we reject the normal. baseball is boring. basketball is tedious. football is slow. we all thought the rob and big skit in the dc video was fucking great but then they get a tv show and its the 2nd worst thing to happen to skateboarding. (behind sheckeler... maybe bam too) I dont know why kids skate now but I do it to break free from normal society and to have fun. My favorite time to skate is lunch time in any downtown because i'm out there having fun surrounded by suits stressing about lunch.

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2009, 01:51:31 AM »
Skateboarding is fucking gay and all of you contribute to it being that way.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2009, 02:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
he was just using the menikmati thing as an example. skateboarders will praise something then two minutes later hate it. we're skateboarders because we reject the normal. baseball is boring. basketball is tedious. football is slow. we all thought the rob and big skit in the dc video was fucking great but then they get a tv show and its the 2nd worst thing to happen to skateboarding. (behind sheckeler... maybe bam too) I dont know why kids skate now but I do it to break free from normal society and to have fun. My favorite time to skate is lunch time in any downtown because i'm out there having fun surrounded by suits stressing about lunch.

Maybe your right. I'll have to check again.
Did he say that before the "wah, wah, wah  :'(  part?
or was it right before the "moan, moan, weep  :'(  part?
ableSkateMag.com

TheKarmessiah

• YAH!
    • KARMBOOK avatar image
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2009, 05:54:10 AM »
the point is the pops will always have more flavor than these so cal dorks who skate random midget 5 stairs and do nolle heel noseslides on curbs
I'd go gay for BA.

twitter.com/karmessiah

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2009, 07:27:46 AM »
I think with the Menikmati thing...he was using that as an ex. of when dudes try to make a SUPER-EPIC video that will change skateboarding, it inevitably gets old after a month or two, just because of how skating is...it changes so fast, trends and shit...the DC Video is another example of this, I think...
However, there are some intentionlly progressive videos (such asVirtual or basically any Ternasky production) that have stood the test of time...