Author Topic: do nikes belong in skateboarding  (Read 8461 times)

Tume

Re: do nikes belong in skateboarding
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »
well ive said it befora and ill say it agian. i think they suk. the shoes are cumfy bt they dont belong

Then could you please tell us what BELONGS to the holy kindom of skateboarding?!

syn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2006, 08:14:02 AM »
Expand Quote
well ive said it befora and ill say it agian. i think they suk. the shoes are cumfy bt they dont belong
[close]

Then could you please tell us what BELONGS to the holy kindom of skateboarding?!

message board kids
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek

big sexy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2006, 08:30:54 AM »
i hear they sk8 good but i havent tried em. i stick to emericas and fallens.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »
you have to be a smaller company to "not be owned" i'd fucking laugh my ass off it Consolidated got bought out (or had been) by Nike that would be fucking classic and it was all "reverse" advertising
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

rapist

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2006, 08:39:51 AM »
how many fucking times has this been discussed

yeah dude!

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2006, 11:01:55 AM »
not since they dropped gino.....wow...another slap moment....

Nothing to do with whether they belong in skateboarding or not but Gino is 100% on Nike.

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2006, 02:01:03 AM »

max power

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 04:25:50 AM »
oh birdo, you big silly

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2006, 11:23:49 AM »
Consolidated should thank Nike.......the Anti-Nike campaign is the only thing keeping Consolidated on the radar.
hardly art, hardly starving

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2006, 11:33:30 AM »
Yeah no shit. What got them started on this holy war against Nike? I mean I know one of their artists had some involvement in the Send Help hi's but is there a reason or just because Consolidated is 'one of the core-skate' brands so they have to play the part also?

screwston

• Rep: 0
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »
when you say does nike belong on skateboarding...thats askin does brian anderson,p-rod,chet ,gino,weiger,supa and so on belong in skateboarding? cmon playas

sammyjones

• Rep: -14
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2006, 04:09:32 PM »
Do nikes belong in skateboarding? What the fuck? Do you think es, dvs, dc, ... do belong in skateboarding by producing a line with 9 fashion shoes and one skate shoe?
Do you think all the fucking board companies creating some kind of image just to sell their boards to some stupid kids who follow around. Itīs not about skateboarding anymore.
Do you think Muska would live in Hollywood Hills if only skateboarders would have bought his stuff. Definitly not.
Do you all want to see a kid kickflipping El toro (for example)? No itīs for the kids who donīt understand the beautyness of a flatland line.
If any of the so called skatebrands would really care about skateboarding they would show what it is about: Style and creativity.
The exception prooves the opposite.

Everybody who is selling wants to earn money. If it is nike or vans. The one who does the best, earns the most.

Do you know what? Iīve been riding blank decks for the past five years and Iīve been downloading all the videos from the Internet. If they would sell a skateoard whith the kids menu at fucking Mc Donalds, i would skate it.Do you think any skater would suffer hunger because of that.
My contribution to skateboarding was, building two new curbs for my local skatepark.

Skateboarding isnīt the same anymore. If I go to a skatepark nowadays thereīs a bunch of people skating. But when teyīve done they go home. Back in the days we were a crew hanging out all day being friends.
Nowadays itīs like going to the gym.

Skateboarding has been sold out long time ago. The only thing that canīt be sold, is you on your board (perhaps barefooted),
having a good time.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:24:07 PM by sammyjones »

matt holmstrom111

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2006, 04:10:10 PM »
i just like to push around stylish in nikes

obeygiant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2006, 08:47:23 PM »
Do nikes belong in skateboarding? What the fuck? Do you think es, dvs, dc, ... do belong in skateboarding by producing a line with 9 fashion shoes and one skate shoe?
Do you think all the fucking board companies creating some kind of image just to sell their boards to some stupid kids who follow around. Itīs not about skateboarding anymore.
Do you think Muska would live in Hollywood Hills if only skateboarders would have bought his stuff. Definitly not.
Do you all want to see a kid kickflipping El toro (for example)? No itīs for the kids who donīt understand the beautyness of a flatland line.
If any of the so called skatebrands would really care about skateboarding they would show what it is about: Style and creativity.

Everybody who is selling wants to earn money. If it is nike or vans. The one who does the best, earns the most.

Do you know what? Iīve been riding blank decks for the past five years and Iīve been downloading all the videos from the Internet. If they would sell a skateoard whith the kids menu at fucking Mc Donalds, i would skate it.Do you think any skater would suffer hunger because of that.
My contribution to skateboarding was, building two new curbs for my local skatepark.

Skateboarding isnīt the same anymore. If I go to a skatepark nowadays thereīs a bunch of people skating. But when teyīve done they go home. Back in the days we were a crew hanging out all day being friends.

Skateboarding has been sold out long time ago. The only thing that canīt be sold, is you on your board (perhaps barefooted),
having a good time.

are you over the age of 20 ?

Hot Rod

• Rep: 9
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »

Skateboarding isnīt the same anymore. If I go to a skatepark nowadays... itīs like going to the gym.

your post was kind of dumb but I agree very strongly with this part

mikefork

« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2006, 09:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Skateboarding isnīt the same anymore. If I go to a skatepark nowadays... itīs like going to the gym.

[close]

sad but true, some of the kids i skate with say that they skate at parks as if they were a gym and to show off.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1616
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2006, 09:47:24 PM »
where's the 'does felix belong on shut' thread?   fuck this nike stuff....

Tann-fizzle

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2006, 10:03:24 PM »
i think nike should stay with all the other sports it already makes shit for just my opinion dont be hatin

whocares

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2006, 12:29:34 AM »
let them come and let them go... the dunk craze is over and so is the "SB" category of Nike. It'll phase out in a few years. Can you say trend?

hesh_trash

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2006, 02:14:39 AM »
Can gino, janoski, ba, mulder etc all be wrong?
People bought and wore nikes for skating before nike marketed to skaters. all they've done now is hook up a bunch of rippers and improve their shoes for the purpose of skteboarding. That's bad?
I can see both sides of the argument. Who cares, vans rowleys or tnts for me.

sammyjones

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2006, 07:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote

having a good time.
[close]

are you over the age of 20 ?

I am 26 years old. My english is perhaps not the best, but thatīs because I am from germany.

sammyjones

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2006, 07:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Please tell me what is dumb about my post?
If you offend somebodyīs opinion, you should be able to give reasons for it.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2006, 07:47:56 AM »
DO TUPAC AND BOB MARLEY BELONG ON HORSE'S ?

Robert Parish

• Rep: 1
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2006, 08:05:52 AM »
They actually suck ass for skating.

Half cabs for me.

actually the zoom tres are great to skate in. But even though we disagree,"Brooklyn Brawler" is a great screename. What was his other wrestling name, Iron Mike Sharp?

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »

short answer- yes

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
short answer- yes

West was truely wild, it reminds me of Back to the Future III, Tupac and Bob running from the law, trying to get back to there own time

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2006, 12:47:21 PM »
I used to be super anti Nike in skateboarding, but I LOVE the way dunks skate. +

The dont sell to mall shops +

great team +

P-rod -

You loves you? Megatron.

Yours Truly

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
Skate in whatever shoes you want do they belong in skateboarding? For sure.. without them in the 80's there would be no DC, Lakai, DVS,etc  they all started with ripoffs of original Nike shoes and that is how they made their mark by ripping off Adidas, Nike etc.. so i say let them live... no one is forcing anyone to do anything.. freewill is why we skate so shut up and do you thing or don't do it but make your own choice.. please end topic now...

sleeeping

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2006, 04:36:36 PM »
Expand Quote
They actually suck ass for skating.

Half cabs for me.
[close]

actually the zoom tres are great to skate in. But even though we disagree,"Brooklyn Brawler" is a great screename. What was his other wrestling name, Iron Mike Sharp?
Yeah that dumbass had some lame leather wristgaurd he would shove foreign objects in to get a win. nothing more than a jobber ever.

hellasicko8

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2006, 11:02:30 PM »
sam you going skating tomorow?