Author Topic: pros/ams that are dicks  (Read 65600 times)

Aussie_Skate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: pros/ams that are dicks
« Reply #450 on: December 20, 2007, 02:06:04 AM »
i was at Melbourne I max and Jamie Thomas and the fallen team were down filming for the new fallen video and Thomas has to be one of the nicest polite people ive ever met it didn't feel like i was sitting with one of the most recognizable names of skateboarding he was so chilled, gave me a set of wheels aswell cause mine were fucked he was really cool. i would tell u guys some hammers the team threw down but it would only ruin your anticipation so i wont.

MattG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #451 on: December 20, 2007, 02:12:02 AM »
i was at Melbourne I max and Jamie Thomas and the fallen team were down filming for the new fallen video and Thomas has to be one of the nicest polite people ive ever met it didn't feel like i was sitting with one of the most recognizable names of skateboarding he was so chilled, gave me a set of wheels aswell cause mine were fucked he was really cool. i would tell u guys some hammers the team threw down but it would only ruin your anticipation so i wont.
im sure thats a nice boost to I SUCKS ego, but i wouldnt expect anything less.
If you get inspired to skate a certain way, how concerned are you with its popularity or acceptability within the skate world
I thought skating was popular and acceptable in the skate world. Maybe I didn't get that press release.

MJ

hair-do

• Rep: 2
  • No Homo
« Reply #452 on: December 20, 2007, 02:20:36 AM »
i heard nate lacoste loves to ride his 10 speed up and down davie street without a seat with his free time, when hes not out doing tweaked kickflips with a dumb face

A-Bo

« Reply #453 on: December 21, 2007, 10:43:01 PM »
this thread just turned into a place for 15 year olds to name drop every pro theyve ever had sign their face at a demo. "Dude, Billy Marks, chillest dude ever. I waved to him and he nodded his head at me. It wasnt even like he was billy marks it was like he was my best friend ever. So ya Billy Mark + Me = Homies. And he was chill, because I know all of you were wondering" fuck this thread sucks.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #454 on: December 21, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »
jt aultz is a pretty humble guy to talk to

Ten Stair Kickflip

• Rep: -19
« Reply #455 on: December 22, 2007, 12:40:20 AM »
i used to skate with mike mo all the time hes a cool bro. i haven't met any other pros or ams who are dicks but i've met a lot of pros through mike.

noah

• Rep: -2
  • level vibes
« Reply #456 on: December 22, 2007, 06:26:19 AM »
i met steve rodriguez at brooklyn banks years ago and he was wicked nice. stoked that I knew about 5 boro.

Joey

• Rep: -3
    • Myspace avatar image
« Reply #457 on: December 22, 2007, 08:24:33 AM »
Koston was kinda a dick.
nah he is just short tempered.
use the golden rule.

Cadenzilla

• Rep: -1
« Reply #458 on: December 22, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »
i met nick dompierre and he was pretty chill. Westgate is also really nice.

RRRRRAD

« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2008, 08:27:53 AM »
Donny Barley - awesome
Danny Falla - nice
Billy Rohan - best dude in nyc right now
Steve Rodriguez - best dude on the east coast
Hieth Kirchart - quite and scared me but i was so stoked to see him
Kevin Long - hipster
Bobby Puelo - super nice
Kenny Anderson - quite but talked when you talked to him 
Fred Gall - Best dude ever hands down

Edward Penishands

« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
Donny Barley - awesome
Danny Falla - nice
Billy Rohan - best dude in nyc right now
Steve Rodriguez - best dude on the east coast
Hieth Kirchart - quite and scared me but i was so stoked to see him
Kevin Long - hipster

clark hassler-super down to earth, very humble and all around nice dude
kalis-one of the nicest people i've ever met, just down for skateboarding period
busenitz-quiet
dompierre-douchebag............although i think he was having an off day, and wasn't hyped to be skating a crowded park on a hot day
luda crooks-loud, hyped, happy, rips hard even with a shitty hangover and muddy shoes
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:52:06 AM by Edward Penishands »

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2008, 09:58:58 AM »
every person has the potential to be a complete asshole or completely cool.  most pros/ams are cool for the most part, sometimes you just catch them at the wrong time.  i know i've been a dick to people but its never really has anything to do with them.  its usually because of other shit going on in my life.
i can't remember the last time i met some pro/am and they were complete dick.

angryfacedman

« Reply #462 on: July 03, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
this thread just turned into a place for 15 year olds to name drop every pro theyve ever had sign their face at a demo. "Dude, Billy Marks, chillest dude ever. I waved to him and he nodded his head at me. It wasnt even like he was billy marks it was like he was my best friend ever. So ya Billy Mark + Me = Homies. And he was chill, because I know all of you were wondering" fuck this thread sucks.
you said it!

Heshstallion

• Rep: -9
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #463 on: July 03, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »

Expand Quote
Nicest pro's i've met would be:

Biebel.

[close]

one of the nicest dudes ever.
i met him when i went skating in sac a few years back, we went to that spot that he switch bigflipped in yeah right, and he told me a did a nice kickflip down it, hes cool in my book

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #464 on: July 03, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »
Donovan Strain(Butteryass Mondays): Really nice guy, he doesn't really talk the way he does in his clips.
Mikemo: really nice if he doesn't know you or your his friend but kind of a dick if he doesn't like you which is somewhat understandable
Nick Mclouth: Might come off as a dick but if you get to know him hes a nice guy
Billy Roper: Nice guy, kind of a pile
Sammy Baptista: Didn't know it was him at first when i showed up to the spot, he walked right up and introduced himself. Good first impression.

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #465 on: July 03, 2008, 01:53:59 PM »
both templeton and haslm were super nice when i met them, lindsey robertson was a dick to my friend (who looked exactly like him) my friends heart was broken.

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #466 on: July 03, 2008, 02:08:43 PM »
pretty much all of them i met were real rad.  Cairo was the only one to be the only remotely dickish one.  but i don't really blame him since it was at ASR and i'm sure he got people all up on him constantly.

best dude ever.  Cardiel.  met him shortly after he started walking around on his own.  dude was extremely stoked to hear that we we were psyched to see him doing a lot better.  talked to the local shop owner and myself for awhile even though he didn't have to.  great dude.

Captain Spaulding

« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »
About 2 years back I showed up at a spot and to my disbelief a whole bunch of the lakai team were there (they were touring to get footy). Like Carroll, Koston, Cairo, Beibel, Olson, Mariano, Rick Howard...thats all i can remember really. Koston was STRESSING trying to film some ridiculous trick, throwing his board all over the place and screaming. Carroll gave one of my friends some wheels because the ones he was riding were so worn down...legend. Cairo was real cool and mellow too...him and carroll were just seshing the flatground at the quiet end of the spot. I think Mariano hated the spot because the ledge was too close to the wall.

Another lad is Chima. A while back he was in Perth to get footy and i drove him to some spots with this filmer i know. I thought he might be big headed but he was cool as shit. he even offered me petrol money (which i declined of course).
we took him to a huge double set and he 360'd it like it was nothing.

Darkmarc

• Rep: 10
  • Yeah?
« Reply #468 on: July 03, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »
Biebel is awesome. Lutzka is kind of a chump.
"Everyday, like probably three times a day, I'd jerk my dick off so much that the prisoners would say yo Ol' Dirty chill the fuck out. Every girl I saw on T.V., her ass looked funny to me, and i just kept jerkin my dick off, every fucking day and night." - ODB

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #469 on: July 03, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
a loooong time ago when he was still on world industries, chris cole asked me if I "could feel the helium" in my converse skate shoes, the ones Stefan Laurance used to always wear. I said yes, and he gave me a smug grin and wandered off.

In retrospect, those shoes were pretty whacky, but you don't gotta be dick, plus I was like 15. that's youre potential fan base, moron.

Aside from that and Jesse Paez who flat out ignored my asking who he was, i've never met another dickish pro/am.

Though I've had the ever unpleasant time of meeting Sue Trihn. Me and my friends showed up to LA High, and there was a bunch of people skating, so we decided to lurk a bit, so there was Chris Haslam, Brian Edwards, Rodrigo Peterson, and like two other brazillian dudes that didn't speak any english skating the rail. We were sorta being standoffish at first, but those dudes were comming over and inviting us to sesh, like way cool. So we started skating, and eventually I think I was trying front salad fakie or something, and I hear the photog dude Sue say "Didn't that get done SWITCH???" to his smug little non-skating friends, and they all snickered. And this dude I was there with was trying kickflip front board or something, and he'd set off his flash randomly to fuck with him, he even ran up on him shooting a sequence, litterally from 15 feet away up into his face while he was on the ground, and he was laughin it up.

Fucking dick.

but as a consolation, haslam did the back board fs flip that ended up in a mag/his round 3 part, so I got to brag that I was there n' shit afterwards
hahaha

dopEST

« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2008, 09:01:28 PM »
Donny Barley - super nice! just kind of out of it sometimes
Steve Rodriguez - so nice
Fred Gall - Really cool, if you got some weed for him. haha
Westgate- pretty chill
domp- never really talks, his brothers cooler...haha
shetler- nicest dude you'll meet in the world!
aquil (not even sure if hes am)- hes really loud and anoyying, but hes sick at the same time

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
This one time I was in line behind mike ruczyk in safeway.  my buddy talked to him while i just sort of looked at the floor.  I think he was buying wine or something.  it was pretty chill. 

wheee!

jaymeRfortune

« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2008, 09:44:31 PM »
pretty much all of them i met were real rad.  Cairo was the only one to be the only remotely dickish one.  but i don't really blame him since it was at ASR and i'm sure he got people all up on him constantly.

best dude ever.  Cardiel.  met him shortly after he started walking around on his own.  dude was extremely stoked to hear that we we were psyched to see him doing a lot better.  talked to the local shop owner and myself for awhile even though he didn't have to.  great dude.

cairo is really nice, he's just a stresser and very humble

mini greek

• Rep: 33
« Reply #473 on: July 04, 2008, 01:13:41 AM »
Tony Hawk was a douche.  We were at a demo in the mid 90s and my buddy was kinda just filming around the whole demo.  Tony Hawk comes by and tells him that if he wanted to film, that he needed to pay money to film Tony.  We laughed it off and carried on our way.  5 minutes later Tony comes back to my friend again and says, "if you don't put that fucking camera down I'm gonna put it down for you".  H e was a complete dick.

Also, Danny way is a dick, Sheckler of course, PJ Ladd, and Bam.

Coolest dudes ever..P-Rod, BA, Stefan, JT, Reynolds, daryl angel, and Cole
Get litty.....

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #474 on: July 04, 2008, 02:58:34 AM »
Tony Hawk was a douche.  We were at a demo in the mid 90s and my buddy was kinda just filming around the whole demo.  Tony Hawk comes by and tells him that if he wanted to film, that he needed to pay money to film Tony.  We laughed it off and carried on our way.  5 minutes later Tony comes back to my friend again and says, "if you don't put that fucking camera down I'm gonna put it down for you".  H e was a complete dick.

Also, Danny way is a dick, Sheckler of course, PJ Ladd, and Bam.

Coolest dudes ever..P-Rod, BA, Stefan, JT, Reynolds, daryl angel, and Cole

That Tony Hawk story sounds unbelievable??

...and you must've caught me on my best day, cause I don'tt think I've ever made it in a 'coolest dudes ever' list.
Maybe you got me and Tony confused, sure I didn't try and charge your friend for filming me get some air?
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

frisco

« Reply #475 on: July 04, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »
For all the hate he gets, Jeremy Rogers was a nice dude, same with PRod, fuck Ryan Smith though, that guy was a jackass, Jeremy Wray though was by far the radest pro ive met, he gave my friend his shoes at Slam a few years back
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:56:34 AM by frisco »

listenupkids

• Rep: 0
  • R.I.P. Van wastell
« Reply #476 on: July 04, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »
riley boland is a scary ass mutha fucka

haha

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #477 on: July 04, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »
When I met him, Tosh was pretty anti-social. He didn't talk to anyone at the signing, and responded to kids questions in grunts and non-verbal nods. Everyone else from the Emerica team was cool as fuck though. The DLX guys are chill, too.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

lukewarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #478 on: July 04, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »
Skated the UPS Barrier with some of the baker dudes in SF. Ellington and Herman was there. Ellington was super nice and fun to skate with. Everyone was cheering everybody one and very supportive.

StimpsonJCat

« Reply #479 on: July 04, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »
Tom Asta, neither pro nor am, since the thread was started by hot wax. Dude is a cocky prick.