Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8805163 times)

thefeatch and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #48690 on: May 08, 2023, 08:13:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Winkowski pro

[close]

Definitely Crockett High's inspired but they look good at least

I don’t see it.  White mid/hi shoes are his thing.   The only real resemblance I see is the heel panel is the same as fastbreak/Alexis - but that’s far from being a significant design feature

TreyPhillip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #48691 on: May 08, 2023, 08:28:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Winkowski pro

[close]

[close]

I don’t see it.  White mid/hi shoes are his thing.   The only real resemblance I see is the heel panel is the same as fastbreak/Alexis - but that’s far from being a significant design feature
I also think it looks a lil like a Crockett but mostly because of the lacing style and the fact that they are both mids. Not a knock at them at all tho. I’m also surprised they didn’t go with a different outsole but I’m guessing this is the exact shoe that winkowski wanted which is sick.
(Edit) it’s also (kinda corny but) sick that the emerica logo is upside down for the photo ops while doing handplants.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #48692 on: May 08, 2023, 09:09:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Winkowski pro

[close]

[close]

[close]
I also think it looks a lil like a Crockett but mostly because of the lacing style and the fact that they are both mids. Not a knock at them at all tho. I’m also surprised they didn’t go with a different outsole but I’m guessing this is the exact shoe that winkowski wanted which is sick.
(Edit) it’s also (kinda corny but) sick that the emerica logo is upside down for the photo ops while doing handplants.
They also have a big toecap and a vertical stripe down the side, just like the Crockett Highs. I wouldn't say they're a copy but they do have some similarities.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #48693 on: May 08, 2023, 09:13:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Winkowski pro

[close]

Put this upper on the G6 sole and take my money

Dope looking shoe for sure!

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -520
« Reply #48694 on: May 08, 2023, 09:20:16 PM »
Winkowski pro

I guess this is the last new pro model of the year that emericatm was talking about. It’s cool. Be cooler on the g6 cupsole. All these pro models beg the question though? Is there demand for a Dakota or winkoski shoe? Or is this actually a dope way to pay riders more if they just make pro models inspired by their older team models and then just only have pro models outside of shoes like the wino variants.

Honestly a cooler way to go than having a bunch of those team models that were just sitting on shelves.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #48695 on: May 08, 2023, 09:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Winkowski pro

[close]

I guess this is the last new pro model of the year that emericatm was talking about. It’s cool. Be cooler on the g6 cupsole. All these pro models beg the question though? Is there demand for a Dakota or winkoski shoe? Or is this actually a dope way to pay riders more if they just make pro models inspired by their older team models and then just only have pro models outside of shoes like the wino variants.

Honestly a cooler way to go than having a bunch of those team models that were just sitting on shelves.

I think the appeal on being a brand this size is to get a pro model at all when bigger brands are much stingier in awarding them

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #48696 on: May 08, 2023, 10:43:03 PM »
this thread rn lol

nothing's been the since same

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48697 on: May 08, 2023, 10:44:20 PM »
Emerica should just go into a hiatus for a while to get their shit together, Soletech could use that saved money on eS.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #48698 on: May 08, 2023, 11:03:41 PM »
Damn. That Winkowski shoe looks sick. I really like white high and mid tops. Anyone know if it is vegan?

I never bought his white colorway of the Omen Hi because I was waiting for it to go on sale like all other Emerica shoes but it never did. I really liked how they looked and I have skated a pair of Omen His and quite liked them even though the impact protection was kinda nonexistent.

I really like that these have the more classic vulc sole. I think that sole is excellent. Fuck the current Emerica vulc “desert grip” pebble collector sole.

I’ll definitely get these when they’re available if they’re vegan like his Omen Hi. If not, I still might. I’ll pay full price too.

jwdharris

• Rep: 2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #48699 on: May 09, 2023, 01:41:46 AM »
No Spanky G6 in any of the catalogues past Summer 23  :-[

Hopefully the hi top version is still on the cards… I’d be sad to see the Spanky G6 go. I guess I’ll have to stock up…

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -103
« Reply #48700 on: May 09, 2023, 02:57:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Saw the catalogue and it looks like emerica is bringing back the og heretic.
[close]

This is a nightmare
Nah the original heretic was a great simple shoe to skate, really loved that shoe and the tilt, I’m excited for the return of that shoe

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48701 on: May 09, 2023, 05:46:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Saw the catalogue and it looks like emerica is bringing back the og heretic.
[close]

This is a nightmare
[close]
Nah the original heretic was a great simple shoe to skate, really loved that shoe and the tilt, I’m excited for the return of that shoe
Nightmare regarding the shoe itself or the misspelling of Heritic?
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #48702 on: May 09, 2023, 05:47:45 AM »
I feel mean for kicking Sole Tech over and over so I'll say that Winkowski shoe looks pretty nice.

link to the rest of the catalog?

jwdharris

• Rep: 2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #48703 on: May 09, 2023, 06:11:44 AM »
Also spotted no more Wino Slip Cups or KSL G6 and that next year's Servold colours have a standard vulc sole.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #48704 on: May 09, 2023, 06:21:39 AM »
Winkowski shoe looks good. Also looks like a Crockett but at this point all shoes look like other shoes. It’s rare something new and truly original pops up and actually looks good.

I hope this means the omen can be a cup. Since there will be 2 high top vulcs that look alike. Maybe one can be a cup

IpathCats

« Reply #48705 on: May 09, 2023, 07:25:19 AM »
It's so sad how badly people WANT to buy soletech shoes, but they dont because they just dont provide what people are looking for.

havent had any etnies/emericas in a while, but the quality on the last couple pairs of es i had a couple/few years ago was just horrible given the price.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #48706 on: May 09, 2023, 08:03:01 AM »
It's so sad how badly people WANT to buy soletech shoes, but they dont because they just dont provide what people are looking for.

havent had any etnies/emericas in a while, but the quality on the last couple pairs of es i had a couple/few years ago was just horrible given the price.
Same here, Emerica and éS were.mt favourite brands while growing up. All pairs I've tried in the recent years were a total failure

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 46
« Reply #48707 on: May 09, 2023, 08:10:24 AM »

I've had my eye on some Etnies lately. They reissued the MC rap low and the new sheckler shoe is interesting and perpetually on sale. I just can't do it though. I look at that rap and I know it's going to be a hollow, thinned-out version of itself and I can't justify it. The white one is like $105 too, which, come on...

thehogsniper

• Rep: 39
« Reply #48708 on: May 09, 2023, 08:44:57 AM »

Yeah I bought a pair of Gammas as well as a pair of Accel last year and wasn't impressed at all. Loose grain suede, unable to retain its shape, terrible synthetic materials, uncomfortable. Eventually I just made the gammas my work shoes and the accels got sold. I only spent $40 on each pair and I still feel like that was a ripoff. I keep coming back and getting tempted by the Michelin Marana or the Tom Penny 2's, but honestly I just can't bother to pull the trigger. I'd rather save the money and get a true 1:1 reissue from DC

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48709 on: May 09, 2023, 08:51:30 AM »

I haven't bought a Soletech shoe since the mid-00's aside from a pair of Emerica "Kung-Fu" slipper-shoes that I got for like $20 and damnit if the quality didn't fit the price. Soletech was unstoppable in the early to mid 00's, I had so many pairs of both es and Emerica shoes but it almost felt like a product of being really young and influenced by my favorite pros, but as I got older I just grew out of it and they honestly just feel behind the times in a sense.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
« Reply #48710 on: May 09, 2023, 11:43:05 AM »
Did someone on here say a brown half cab is coming out? I would love like a dark chocolate half cab with a black tongue.

DERBY

• Rep: 313
« Reply #48711 on: May 09, 2023, 01:01:21 PM »
Dime x Adidas Superstar ADV

sorry if attached photo doesn’t load

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -7
« Reply #48712 on: May 09, 2023, 01:15:42 PM »

Holy sh*t please defund soletech. Absolute garbage

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #48713 on: May 09, 2023, 01:23:23 PM »
^

the shoe isn't that bad. it's just redundant. i think garbage is a bit overblown. obviously some attempt at recycling koston/emerica tilt/gamma lines. actually it looks like a es rebranded tilt/gamma mash up built on the accel slim sole and last.

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 16
« Reply #48714 on: May 09, 2023, 01:32:07 PM »

Yea I chose not to post these and a couple others for good reason.
Equally as mid new emerica team model which kinda contradicts the previous convo about more pro-models.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #48715 on: May 09, 2023, 01:58:30 PM »
Defund Soletech!!

nothing's been the since same

SlapTM

• Rep: 243
« Reply #48716 on: May 09, 2023, 02:20:22 PM »
Damn. That Winkowski shoe looks sick. I really like white high and mid tops. Anyone know if it is vegan?
Confirming that Winkowski is indeed vegan just like his Omen Hi color way.

I haven't been replying in here as just been busy but gladly can touch on a few things. Regarding Dakota's shoe, we worked with him to give him his dream signature shoe. It may not be for everybody but we like to work very closely with the riders regarding their signature product. I wouldn't base an entire brand off one new model which is what most pals have done on here unfortunately. As someone mentioned already, there's an updated Heritic if your're wanting a bigger cupsole with some padding in that same season.

I have to politely disagree with this a little bit. Yes there is no denying that a lot of silhouettes throughout the last decade or so have looked similar but I do believe it's a stretch to say that there isn't something for everyone. Want a cuposole with more padding and cushion with some nostalgia? Get the KSL G6 or OG-1. Need a low profile Vulc? Try the Dickson or Low Vulc. Want something with more ankle support? The Pillar or Omen Hi. Slip-On? We got them both in Vulc and cupsole. We've got like 10+ options to choose from: KSL G6, Figgy G6, OG-1, Omen Hi, Dickson, Romero Laced, Spanky G6, Gamma, Tilt G6 Vulc, Pillar, Wino G6 Slip & Cup, Provost, G6.

Now with all that said, we've got some stuff in the works including another reissue or two as well as some new pro/team models that we think people will be stoked on. Appreciate everyone who backs and chooses to support Sole Tech especially Emerica. As always, my DMs are always open to shoot the shit or even give feedback whether positive or negative. Thanks guys.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #48717 on: May 09, 2023, 02:30:12 PM »

yall hating just to hate, this is one of the best shoes sole tech put out in the last 5 years. that’s not saying much but it’s saying something. the colors are wack, the highlighted one is alright but the other two are pretty shit, but i can definitely see the potential for cool colorways

doublesteveburger

« Reply #48718 on: May 09, 2023, 02:40:26 PM »
I feel mean for kicking Sole Tech over and over so I'll say that Winkowski shoe looks pretty nice.

link to the rest of the catalog?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #48719 on: May 09, 2023, 03:00:04 PM »
As always EmericaTM is gracious as ever with the slap boards. Dude must have the patience and virtue of a saint after reading the past couple pages.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.