Author Topic: Some dude pushed his kid into a vert ramp.  (Read 22271 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2515
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Some dude pushed his kid into a vert ramp.
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2014, 06:41:34 AM »
Of course the guy was in the wrong but the whole macho beat down revenge fantasy thing is dumb as fuck. I can't really see it would make the child's life any better to see his dad beaten up.

Getting arrested for child abuse seems like it would harm their family too. Should the kid go into care?

We all do love to be appalled and get self-rightious though.

Yeah, best not to rock the boat, right? Also, the person with the biggest macho issues is obviously the dad, pissed off that his son is a sissy who's afraid to drop in.

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2014, 05:45:45 AM »
It's not the action of sliding into a vert ramp, it's the fact that this coach dad got angry because he couldn't force his son to drop in, so he tried to scare or hurt him out of frustration.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2014, 06:28:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Of course the guy was in the wrong but the whole macho beat down revenge fantasy thing is dumb as fuck. I can't really see it would make the child's life any better to see his dad beaten up.

Getting arrested for child abuse seems like it would harm their family too. Should the kid go into care?

We all do love to be appalled and get self-rightious though.

[close]

Yeah, best not to rock the boat, right? Also, the person with the biggest macho issues is obviously the dad, pissed off that his son is a sissy who's afraid to drop in.

Not really. You didn't understand my point at all. Everyone is already rocking the boat, did you read the last 7 pages?

I got sucked in too, it makes you feel better.

I can't see how threatening to bring more violence into a negative situation brings any positive outcome. Although, it does make people feel better about themselves.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2014, 06:37:04 AM »
It may have been said before, but this incident occurred at Kona on the vert ramp named "Big Brown."  It, at it's lowest point, is 13 feet high. I've dropped In and rock fakied some vert in my days but this particular ramp is by far bigger than anything I've ever ridden. Just standing up there makes me a bit woozy.
Several years ago Tony Hawk and his crew came to put on a demo for Kona's 30th anniversary party. Tony Hawk actually said that the ramp was big for him and it was going to take some time to get used to.
ableSkateMag.com

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2014, 06:39:16 AM »
It may have been said before, but this incident occurred at Kona on the vert ramp named "Big Brown."  It, at it's lowest point, is 13 feet high. I've dropped In and rock fakied some vert in my days but this particular ramp is by far bigger than anything I've ever ridden. Just standing up there makes me a bit woozy.
Several years ago Tony Hawk and his crew came to put on a demo for Kona's 30th anniversary party. Tony Hawk actually said that the ramp was big for him and it was going to take some time to get used to.
Yeah but what would he know about halfpipes?

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2014, 06:54:52 AM »
Expand Quote
It may have been said before, but this incident occurred at Kona on the vert ramp named "Big Brown."  It, at it's lowest point, is 13 feet high. I've dropped In and rock fakied some vert in my days but this particular ramp is by far bigger than anything I've ever ridden. Just standing up there makes me a bit woozy.
[close]

8)
ableSkateMag.com

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2014, 07:03:37 AM »
Makes me instantly think of this celebrity, the first dude to actually beat the black off his child...

well said

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2014, 07:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It may have been said before, but this incident occurred at Kona on the vert ramp named "Big Brown."� It, at it's lowest point, is 13 feet high. I've dropped In and rock fakied some vert in my days but this particular ramp is by far bigger than anything I've ever ridden. Just standing up there makes me a bit woozy.
[close]
[close]

8)
See, total milk drinking street grabbing stair hucker.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$

skateordie

• Rep: -41
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »
of course the same dick who would kick his son off a vert ramp would also have a mustache.

mom is hot.
A negative rep on Slap is a positive rep in the real world.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »
the mom had a sadly familiar "rationalize everything" vibe to her, that women that let them selves get treated like shit have... and the dad u said your sorry but youll always be a douche for being the type of person who would do it in the 1st place, hopefull u'll realize it make some changes

CumOnYourFace

« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2014, 07:52:53 AM »
"He's a really great dad. He loves his children, he loves his family, he's a hard worker, and he's an all-around good person. Beyond that, we love him."

This bitch is stupid:

shit_for_brains

« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »
Did this pussy little kid ever drop in or what?

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2014, 08:30:41 AM »
Hey how about this... Listen carefully now. It aint yer fuckin kid. Go bang some slag and blast your love potion all in her vagina and raise your plebian however you want. You people seesh.. It's like you eat your fuckin' young and that's all just fine as long as you got something to salute, huh?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -520
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2014, 09:01:45 AM »
Dude has multiple children and is in 30's and still thinks it's okay to wear american eagle on a tv interview, dude is never not gonna be a douche.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »
Dude has multiple children and is in 30's and still thinks it's okay to wear american eagle on a tv interview, dude is never not gonna be a douche.

Looks like he was wearing it to cover up a neck tattoo... Watch it again.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2014, 04:45:03 PM »
bump

the dad and mom talk about it

http://www.today.com/moms/dad-kicking-son-down-skateboard-ramp-was-bonehead-decision-2D79684418?cid=social_20140519_11884234

wow, way to go Today.  softball questions and a piece that basically makes the parents look like victims

even though nothing either of them made any sense.  "this usually never happens"   "things can be taken out of context"

what?

fucking retards.  hope they stay in Florida
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191

Nosesalad

• Rep: 5
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2014, 07:46:40 PM »
No question that this is uncool. If the kid would have landed on his face there would be no discussion.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2014, 11:00:13 PM »
mans fucked in the head no question coulda ended way worse for the kid hope skateboarding isnt permanently damaged in his brain

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »
How the fuck did this guy lose his job over this though?

Still, he came off badly in that interview, trying to make out it was just a bad decision?!?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1616
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2014, 11:37:01 PM »
Did anyone ever pull the dad aside and tell him his kid would get nowhere in skating with a name like Dino the dinosaur?

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO avatar image
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2014, 02:03:07 AM »
Do some of you need the fucking Myth Busters or Penn and Teller need to de-bunk this?  Without a doubt, this guy is a complete asshole...but the fact of the matter is,  he would of had to pick that little shit up and punt him meters for him to "land on the flat", as some have said in this forum.  Like that goofball, "Black Ninja" said, it's effectively a giant slide.  Perhaps some of you are letting your own fear of dropping in influence your ability to think rationally about this. 

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2014, 03:51:03 AM »
perhaps you are letting the fact that you are a dumbass effect your brain

Tay

« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2014, 04:17:19 AM »
Hey how about this... Listen carefully now. It aint yer fuckin kid. Go bang some slag and blast your love potion all in her vagina and raise your plebian however you want. You people seesh.. It's like you eat your fuckin' young and that's all just fine as long as you got something to salute, huh?

Your attitude is disgusting. Children aren't possessions, and not everyone can have them. His bimbo trashy skank bitch wife defending his actions makes me sick. He's obviously a heinous asshole, and they deserve each other.

And I'm really sure she goes skateboarding with them everyday. If by skateboarding she means whoring around trying to catch the eyes of preteen boys with her wrinkled face and saggy mangled boobs and giant cellulite infested thunder thighs, then sure yes, she skates everyday.  ::)

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2014, 07:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Your attitude is disgusting. Children aren't possessions, and not everyone can have them. His bimbo trashy skank bitch wife defending his actions makes me sick. He's obviously a heinous asshole, and they deserve each other.

And I'm really sure she goes skateboarding with them everyday. If by skateboarding she means whoring around trying to catch the eyes of preteen boys with her wrinkled face and saggy mangled boobs and giant cellulite infested thunder thighs, then sure yes, she skates everyday::)

Sounds pretty good. Any idea where they're moving?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2014, 08:22:18 AM »
Do some of you need the fucking Myth Busters or Penn and Teller need to de-bunk this?  Without a doubt, this guy is a complete asshole...but the fact of the matter is,  he would of had to pick that little shit up and punt him meters for him to "land on the flat", as some have said in this forum.  Like that goofball, "Black Ninja" said, it's effectively a giant slide.  Perhaps some of you are letting your own fear of dropping in influence your ability to think rationally about this. 

Hey Pythagoras, have you ever skated vert? Or looked closely at that picture?

First off, look at that schematic: if you fall 4.5 feet out from the wall (easy to do from 12 feet up) you miss the midpoint of the transition radius and lose nearly all of that fun "slide effect". Farther out than that is basically "to flat". It sucks.

Also, let's say your body goes horizontal or your toe sticks and you do a header or your knee gets wrenched sideways. There are plenty of ways to get fucked on a vert ramp. A foot farther that kid breaks his tailbone. It was only DUMB LUCK for that kid and his asshole dad that he didn't get fucked up.

Not to get all racial and shit but if dad was black he'd probably would have had his kids taken away already but, you know, Florida.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1160
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey Pythagoras, have you ever skated vert? Or looked closely at that picture?

First off, look at that schematic: if you fall 4.5 feet out from the wall (easy to do from 12 feet up) you miss the midpoint of the transition radius and lose nearly all of that fun "slide effect". Farther out than that is basically "to flat". It sucks.

Also, let's say your body goes horizontal or your toe sticks and you do a header or your knee gets wrenched sideways. There are plenty of ways to get fucked on a vert ramp. A foot farther that kid breaks his tailbone. It was only DUMB LUCK for that kid and his asshole dad that he didn't get fucked up.

Not to get all racial and shit but if dad was black he'd probably would have had his kids taken away already but, you know, Florida.

its, mostly safe. the problem is just that kid wasnt expecting to get kicked, so he could have lost his center of gravity... if he wasn't a skater and not use to falling he would have probably been fucked...

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
  • tiger style
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »
the problem is that the kid is 6. have any of you been around a 6 year old? that was some obvious asshole shit to pull, even if he wasn't standing on the edge of a 13 foot drop but to do that to your own 6 year old child is an obvious tip of a shitty parent ice berg. that's why people are so offended. slapping your kid across the face back hand isn't really that much worst than slapping them on the but, but there's just a certain dickishness about pimp slapping your kid that makes it unacceptable. it's the same concept except with a real risk that the kid could have gotten seriously injured. even if he didn't go to flat he could have got twisted up, snapped an arm, all kinds of shit could have gone wrong. dropping in on vert is not something that anyone should be pressured into, that shit is scary and dangerous.

fuck it's so annoying to talk about kids to people who don't have them most of the time.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »
i bet this dude spits coffee on his kids head