Author Topic: Shane ONeill's new park  (Read 14099 times)

ill_Murray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
Re: Shane ONeill's new park
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2014, 07:11:01 AM »
Not even one standard flat ledge or a manual pad?
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

S.E.

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 08:05:17 AM »
i dont understand A frame obstacles.  I have never seen anything of that sort in real life and the only time i've ever seen it in a video is that Australian spot thats a very mild version of it.  A frame obstacles are the product of 2010s "street plaza" craze.  if these exist in real life someone please correct me.

On a side note, flying off a slant ramp onto a down rail is the scariest shit of all time.   

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 08:26:17 AM »
That looks like a really cool park and it's sick that he decided to do an outdoors park. I assumed Shane makes a whole lot of money, but feels insane that he can pretty much just throw something like 200.000$ down the drain, unless he's planning on living there for a really long time or can   sell it to some other streetleague pro. Dude doesn't seem like the biggest sellout either.

well at the beginning of the year he knows if he makes $1,000,000 then he will need to save for taxes and pay $350,000 at the end of the year. Instead he used his "tax-able earnings" to build a "training facility" and gets taxed on a much smaller amount of money (free skate park in his backyard, vs paying that money to the gov't). This is how rich people stay rich AND have amazing nice shit. tax write-offs become a huge loophole once you're making more than average.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »
Wtf. Of all the things to build in a backyard, he chooses 6 rails, a 7 stair and a 10 or something... There's this thing called the streets that could have saved him a lot of money.

the fuck are you talking about? If he had built a mini ramp in his backyard you could use the same regular argument.. "THERES THIS THING CALLED A LOCAL SKATEPARK THAT COULD HAVE SAVED HIM A LOT OF MONEY.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2014, 09:10:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Wtf. Of all the things to build in a backyard, he chooses 6 rails, a 7 stair and a 10 or something... There's this thing called the streets that could have saved him a lot of money.
[close]

the fuck are you talking about? If he had built a mini ramp in his backyard you could use the same regular argument.. "THERES THIS THING CALLED A LOCAL SKATEPARK THAT COULD HAVE SAVED HIM A LOT OF MONEY.
You are soo right. I must be getting old and senile. I guess this is just the beginning of that new backyard streetleague scene.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »
Don't enough people have their own parks already?! I don't understand why he needs his own when he's always at Paul's park.

Yea what a fuck-wad for having his own park. If any of us had a backyard park that would totally suck! I'd rather drive to somone elses.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:15:50 AM by Choad Muskrat »

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2014, 09:39:32 AM »
Next year's SL-season will be held in the Pros' backyard skateparks instead of all over the country. The super championship will be in this year's winner's backyard.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »
backyard skatepark would be the dream, although i wouldn't need much more than a small quarterpipe, bank, and ledge.

jordan hoffart's backyard looks incredibly fun

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »
^ How can Hotfart afford that?

Who is bitching about the noise issue? Its a non-issue. Anybody who has had even a backyard ramp knows the deal. You talk to your neighbors before �you build it, and you skate during the day so the noise doesn't bother anybody. That basic shit, along with the fact that he lives in a neighborhood where I doubt that the houses are exactly packed in next to each other, makes it a non-issue. Have any of you ever built a flatbar or a box and skated it in your street? Was it a huge problem with your neighbors? Usually the answer is no.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up trying to start an argument where there is none you idiot kids.

And Easley making those weird envy threads again....really, who gives a shit who has what private skatepark? Those shits are cheesy as fuck anyway. Street skateboarding is to be done on the streets.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Nosesalad

• Rep: 5
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2014, 10:44:07 AM »
lol @ everyone hating. You're all just projecting your bullshit life into this scenario.

"Why doesn't he just drive to the skatepark?"="I have to drive to the park, why doesn't he have to!?"

"Why didn't he put a pool instead?"="I wish I had a pool at my house."

Ty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2014, 11:22:18 AM »
i dont understand A frame obstacles.  I have never seen anything of that sort in real life and the only time i've ever seen it in a video is that Australian spot thats a very mild version of it.  A frame obstacles are the product of 2010s "street plaza" craze.  if these exist in real life someone please correct me.

On a side note, flying off a slant ramp onto a down rail is the scariest shit of all time.  

13:39

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:36:06 AM by Ty »

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2014, 11:26:05 AM »
Shane is legit a skate-robot that park looks like it takes up every sq ft of his backyard its gotta be expensive as fuck

@thewilleasley

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2014, 12:26:34 PM »
lol @ everyone hating. You're all just projecting your bullshit life into this scenario.

"Why doesn't he just drive to the skatepark?"="I have to drive to the park, why doesn't he have to!?"

"Why didn't he put a pool instead?"="I wish I had a pool at my house."

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Of course that park doesn't look fun to skate to people who'd be too scared to do anything on the obstacles in the first place  :D.

lol, @ the gipper claiming I'm tryna make "envy threads". All this is about is a great skateboarder who's done well enough for himself to build his own dream park. this shit shouldn't make you envious it should get you MOTIVATED! And obviously its interesting enough since people are talking about it. please feel free to hop off my dick at any time.

and all you fake ass "street skating elitist" need to fucking stop. i probably skate street more than most of y'all anyway and i don't even be on that shit. there aint nothing wrong with skating parks, and if you had a really good one in your backyard or even just nearby, you'd skate that shit regularly. obviously street footage is more interesting to watch/film but whether I'm at some raw ass midwest spot back in my hometown or some perfectly crafted plaza in arizona, all that matters to me is the actual act of skateboarding (landing tricks, hanging with friends, etc). the actual place is irrelevant as long its skateable, So i don't understand how y'all could even question why someone would want to have the perfect environment for learning new tricks & skating with friends right in their backyard. you could have those great all day skate sessions followed by some good partying/chilling with the homies every weekend.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1011
  • the moon rules
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That shit is double edged.i would love to have a neighbor with a park but i would hate to have to ear him skate all the damn time.
[close]

fuck you're ear
[close]
There's like 4 nieghbors adjacent to this park, no doubt they're pissed. Since they started drilling they been pissed.. that is unless shane skates the park alone in obscurity
[close]

I ear you on the neighbor complaint because that shit is a problem. Just don't understand why someone that skates, or posts on a skate forum, would bitch about noise.
[close]

Because I skate that means I want to ear someone else try the same damn flatground trick over and over while I'm trying to relax in my own damn backyard ?!?
if you were my next door neighbor i'd be sure to have a ramp in my backyard that all of my friends would skate. we'd drink beer and play music and smack our trucks on the coping on axle stalls all day long. you wouldn't be invited you negative nancy
fuck you bama

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
Expand Quote
shane o'neils backyard is better than any skatepark in my area.
[close]

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1612
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »
^ How can Hotfart afford that?

Who is bitching about the noise issue? Its a non-issue. Anybody who has had even a backyard ramp knows the deal. You talk to your neighbors before �you build it, and you skate during the day so the noise doesn't bother anybody. That basic shit, along with the fact that he lives in a neighborhood where I doubt that the houses are exactly packed in next to each other, makes it a non-issue. Have any of you ever built a flatbar or a box and skated it in your street? Was it a huge problem with your neighbors? Usually the answer is no.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up trying to start an argument where there is none you idiot kids.

And Easley making those weird envy threads again....really, who gives a shit who has what private skatepark? Those shits are cheesy as fuck anyway. Street skateboarding is to be done on the streets.

Pretty sure Jordan and his friends built all of it themselves.....I suspect he's pretty good with his dough too....

familyrapist

• Rep: -6
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2014, 01:16:26 PM »
Reminds me of that full part someone posted that they filmed entirely in their driveway because they were on house arrest.

this is a great video thanks for reminding me

dick wolf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2014, 01:34:07 PM »
I guess the hip is around the corner?

I like the kid, a robot, fine...sure...but a robot with a seemingly decent enough humor/personality program

Shouldn't be too loud for the neighbors because he never misses.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That shit is double edged.i would love to have a neighbor with a park but i would hate to have to ear him skate all the damn time.
[close]

fuck you're ear
[close]
There's like 4 nieghbors adjacent to this park, no doubt they're pissed. Since they started drilling they been pissed.. that is unless shane skates the park alone in obscurity
[close]

I ear you on the neighbor complaint because that shit is a problem. Just don't understand why someone that skates, or posts on a skate forum, would bitch about noise.
[close]

Because I skate that means I want to ear someone else try the same damn flatground trick over and over while I'm trying to relax in my own damn backyard ?!?
[close]
if you were my next door neighbor i'd be sure to have a ramp in my backyard that all of my friends would skate. we'd drink beer and play music and smack our trucks on the coping on axle stalls all day long. you wouldn't be invited you negative nancy

That's a bummer.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 02:52:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Don't enough people have their own parks already?! I don't understand why he needs his own when he's always at Paul's park.
[close]

Yea what a fuck-wad for having his own park. If any of us had a backyard park that would totally suck! I'd rather drive to somone elses.

dick wolf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 03:42:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Came into a ton of money this year...a true windfall.  I was gonna finally buy a house, but too many people already got em.  Fuck it.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Reminds me of that full part someone posted that they filmed entirely in their driveway because they were on house arrest.
[close]

he's so fucking good
amazing

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 06:12:37 PM »
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Of course that park doesn't look fun to skate to people who'd be too scared to do anything on the obstacles in the first place  :D.

Everything in that photo is tiny.  Is there really anyone scared to skate anything there?  Shane should man up and build some man sized shit, he's already got the little kid tiny ledge/manual thing down anyway.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »
The park is an investment, he's gonna make all the money back and then some when he starts winning all the street league events now.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2014, 10:55:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

he's so fucking good
amazing

That was a really good part I hope he gets put on house arrest again and does another.

ben3350

• Rep: -156
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »
People complaining are ridiculous. If I were in his position, I would have a backyard park too. So what if there's other parks around. First off, it'd be so chill to be able to wake up and literally have a crazy good park ready for me. Second, he's a pro skater. Any time he goes to any public park he's going to get about 4 minutes of actual skating before he gets bombarded with fans wanting pictures and signatures.

Also, being able to skate without pressure is something these guys don't have that we do. I bet many pro's feel like they can't just fuck around at a park because the kids are going to be expecting next level shit every time they skate. Or kids will be filming. It seems like not a big deal but I bet it's something a pro has to always think about.

Like if I'm trying to work on a couple grinds I'm weak at, I can go to my park and do that shit and fuck up and nobody gives a shit. If Shane O'neill shows up to a park and wants to work on a blunt side because he's really bad at them (i'm just pretending) every kid in the park is gonna have all eyes on him trying to learn a new or hard trick for him. That would suck. I think Bam mentioned something similar to this in an interview. He was afraid to go to parks because he hadn't been skating in forever and was really rusty. He didn't want to show up to a park and have kids watch him and judge him publicly and film him messing up all the time.

Having your own park would be the bomb. Can't believe people are hating on it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:14:26 PM by ben3350 »

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »
People complaining are ridiculous. If I were in his position, I would have a backyard park too. So what if there's other parks around. First off, it'd be so chill to be able to wake up and literally have a crazy good park ready for me. Second, he's a pro skater. Any time he goes to any public park he's going to get about 4 minutes of actual skating before he gets bombarded with fans wanting pictures and signatures.

Also, being able to skate without pressure is something these guys don't have that we do. I bet many pro's feel like they can't just fuck around at a park because the kids are going to be expecting next level shit every time they skate. Or kids will be filming. It seems like not a big deal but I bet it's something a pro has to always think about.

Like if I'm trying to work on a couple grinds I'm weak at, I can go to my park and do that shit and fuck up and nobody gives a shit. If Shane O'neill shows up to a park and wants to work on a blunt side because he's really bad at them (i'm just pretending) every kid in the park is gonna have all eyes on him trying to learn a new or hard trick for him. That would suck. I think Bam mentioned something similar to this in an interview. He was afraid to go to parks because he hadn't been skating in forever and was really rusty. He didn't want to show up to a park and have kids watch him and judge him publicly and film him messing up all the time.

Having your own park would be the bomb. Can't believe people are hating on it.

TL;DR

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • tiger style
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
Funny how hard it is for some people to relate to being rich, famous and well connected. Of course you'd be stoked to do the same in his situation.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
i dont understand A frame obstacles.  I have never seen anything of that sort in real life and the only time i've ever seen it in a video is that Australian spot thats a very mild version of it.  A frame obstacles are the product of 2010s "street plaza" craze.  if these exist in real life someone please correct me.

there was one in a Bay area school yard, its in a few videos the one i remember distinctly is Rob Welsh's Aesthetics part. But i think the A Frame is skatepark creation not based on real obstacle, just like the Euro gap. The first A frame i saw was at Southside, it looked like they just cut the center out of the bank flat bank and pushed them together, I know Big O lurks on here from time to time maybe he'll have some insight.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
I can't understand why you'd spend all that money on a private park that doesn't have a jersey barrier or a cellar door simulator for raw street vibes. And not a slappy curb in sight...