Author Topic: Ever been scammed? Ripped off?  (Read 2453 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Ever been scammed? Ripped off?
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
Shiiiiiiiiit, dis mother fuckin' nigerian almost just tried to get away with my VX2000 and fisheye (still for sale btw  :-*) on eBay.  I knew as soon as he said Nigeria that something was off.  He had 0 stars, tried to move the purchase off of eBay...all shit I was cautiously willing to do until he said he paid me.  I got a very real looking PayPal confirmation e-mail, but of course it was fake.  They added that (R) I highlighted below to the address (actual e-mail address is different too) and their was no pending money in my real PayPal acct. 

I got another story about a street weed deal too that I did get ripped off on, but maybe somebody else can go.

straight

Re: Ever been scammed? Ripped off?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »
Went to sf as a naive teen. Tried scoring some weed off this shady character in the tenderloin around midnight. He said he was the middle man and will be back in 20 mins. Never saw him again. He probably got himself a nice sized rock and had a good night. Later I found out that golden gate park is where the honest weed dealers lurk.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »
Shiiiiiiiiit, dis mother fuckin' nigerian almost just tried to get away with my VX2000 and fisheye (still for sale btw  :-*) on eBay.  I knew as soon as he said Nigeria that something was off.  He had 0 stars, tried to move the purchase off of eBay...all shit I was cautiously willing to do until he said he paid me.  I got a very real looking PayPal confirmation e-mail, but of course it was fake.  They added that (R) I highlighted below to the address (actual e-mail address is different too) and their was no pending money in my real PayPal acct. 

I got another story about a street weed deal too that I did get ripped off on, but maybe somebody else can go.

i never sell large ticket items on EBay outside of the continental US. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »
I`ve been scammed about 10 times in total prolly with drug deals.  I dont deal drugs for years now but dont ever front.  If you do that next time they need a sac they`ll just call somone else who they dont owe some scrilla too.  I`ve never scammed anybody in my life.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »
Went to sf as a naive teen. Tried scoring some weed off this shady character in the tenderloin around midnight. He said he was the middle man and will be back in 20 mins. Never saw him again. He probably got himself a nice sized rock and had a good night. Later I found out that golden gate park is where the honest weed dealers lurk.

some panhandlner in the TL got me good...I only had a $10, he says 'that's alright I have change'. I give him the bill and he reaches in his pocket and gives me a handful of change...was like 86 cents. Fool I was..

I`ve been scammed about 10 times in total prolly with drug deals.  I dont deal drugs for years now but dont ever front.  If you do that next time they need a sac they`ll just call somone else who they dont owe some scrilla too.  I`ve never scammed anybody in my life.

yeahhhh, in most places you can't keep up that act for very long....dealers are networked, and the ones who really don't like each other have ears on the street...reputation for doing that sort of thing travels fast.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:51 PM »

didn't you read the bottom?  it says the funds will be credited ONCE shipment is confirmed.  Quick send the package and the funds will be there.  I'm sure of it. 
hardly art, hardly starving

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3433
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »
I hired a hooker one time whose ad said, "Well endowed". When he showed up he wasn't especially endowed whatsoever. I didn't say anything, had sex with him, and then when he left I felt like I'd been ripped off.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »
Paid 35 for an e test that took under 3 minutes today

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 563
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
I almost got suckered in by one of those "I'm calling from Microsoft, you have a virus" phone calls that want you to buy software to fix it.

Did however get sold prayer beads by a fake Buddhist only to hear about the scam later that day on the news

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 05:43:10 PM »
i got a fake LRG shirt off ebay for like $10 in the year 2005. got my money back
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 05:53:36 PM »
Your rite f but the thing is when I sold drugs it was in a fuckn resort town with no street type situation consequences.  I dont think I could deal drugs like in a real city with real competion - im not `that guy` lol.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 10:10:21 PM »
I bought fake acid in a phish parking lot once or twice. Yes.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 10:18:06 PM »
Drugs are a weird thing though, with all the skateboards out there you're already usually presented with the ability to think freely if you wish to and don't necessarily need to "expand your mind" with substances to do so. I maybe just don't "understand the psychedelic experience" or maybe I could've and tried to have too many of em, either way I don't think I'll ever get ripped off on alcohol in my town.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:34 PM »
im gullible as hell, when i was 13 we met some older cool kids while on vacay in oosooyoos with my friend. we had just bought an ounce for the first time and bragged and told them. we brought out a quarter to sell them and they pulled a corkscrew and threatened us and we gave them it. as they were walking away the tall one turned around and said 'dont ever show your face in halifax'. ive still never gone there to this day.

also someone on slap ripped me off before and dissapeared, dont try and save money on paypal by saying its a gift.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:53 PM »
Got burnt on Charice once. Bought 1/8 and it was amazing. Then was offered an Oz and it wasn't cheap. Bought it and spent the next few days trying to convince myself it wasn't complete shit. Hash is pretty easy to get ripped off on...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 12:25:15 AM »
Buying weed on the street is the only time I can think of getting ripped off.

Dude says let's take this into the alley, too many people here. I following him like an idiot. He puts my 20 in his crotch and pretends to reach for a sack and at that moment I notice his buddy (big fucker) coming at me from the other side of the alley. They jump me and take off.

Oh yeah that time and shoulder tapping at some sketchy ghetto liquor store in North Chicago when I was 15.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 01:29:06 AM »
I almost got suckered in by one of those "I'm calling from Microsoft, you have a virus" phone calls that want you to buy software to fix it.

Haha I had one of those. They called and said they were from Microsoft and had detected viruses and malware on my computer.

"So you're from Microsoft?"
"Yes"
"Calling about my PC?"
"Yes"
"Well I own a mac..."

They hung up quick.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 06:58:08 AM »
We were were really young, we could buy weed a few blocks from the spot.  It a bad part of town. Often tiny bags of green sadust were sold.  We had no recourse. 

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 07:19:55 AM »
The bag I bought when I was younger and wasted was just a bunch of bags and rubbish rolled up very tightly.  By the time I realized there was no weed in it he was a block away and about to enter a taxi.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 07:24:16 AM »
I got all you guys beat by a mile. I went to art school.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1409
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 07:36:02 AM »
Years ago I needed to find an apartment ASAP, like in one or two days before the end of the month (long story, got into a fight at the old place). So I went on Craigslist, saw photos of an adequate apartment, and contacted the guy who was supposedly renting it out. He wasn't in the city, but asked me to wire him money through Western Union iirc. Something about it seemed off, but I got the first and last month's rent and went to a small outlet in a convenience store.

My instincts were telling me that I had to double-check it, I can't remember exactly why. I was just about to send the money but before I did, I took the precaution of calling Western Union and explaining the situation.  "Do you think it's a scam?" I said to the Western employee.  "I don't think it's a scam, I know it's a scam," she said. So of course I didn't send it. Then after on the subway ride home, the "landlord" calls me and says, "Hey did you send the money yet?" and I told him I know it's a fucking scam and he hung up immediately. I regretted it; I should've played along and got more of his info and then reported him.

Pretty sketchy. I was at the end of my rope trying to find a new place so I wasn't thinking. Thankfully I avoided losing almost $2000.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 08:04:09 AM »
I just got another e-mail from Billy.

Hello, My name is Sergeant Billy Ejike (U.S MARINE) presently in Afghanistan. I was among the 9,800 soldiers retained in Afghanistan For the 2015 phase of the war, but we are expected to pull out as well by the end of 2016. Just to let you Know that I have just made the payment via PayPal, check your inbox for the payment confirmation.I checked USPS international shipping cost and it was around $80.00. I have paid  $80 to cover the shipping cost through USPS Express Mail International (EMS) 3-5 days as I Intend sending this item to my stepson as a surprise birthday gift who is currently working with UNICEF and he is on special duty in Nigeria. Please try as much as possible to make the shipment today. Please email me as soon as you make the shipment, and as soon as the deal is done, I will give you a positive feedback. Once again here Is the shipping address.

Name...................Simon Wale
Address...............18A Fisayo Street
City......................Shomolu
State....................Lagos State
Zip code..............23401
Country...............Nigeria

Waiting to read from you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:29:38 AM by chockfullofthat »

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
I just got another e-mail from Billy.

Expand Quote
Hello, My name is Sergeant Billy Ejike (U.S MARINE) presently in Afghanistan. I was among the 9,800 soldiers retained in Afghanistan For the 2015 phase of the war, but we are expected to pull out as well by the end of 2016. Just to let you Know that I have just made the payment via PayPal, check your inbox for the payment confirmation.I checked USPS international shipping cost and it was around $80.00. I have paid  $80 to cover the shipping cost through USPS Express Mail International (EMS) 3-5 days as I Intend sending this item to my stepson as a surprise birthday gift who is currently working with UNICEF and he is on special duty in Nigeria. Please try as much as possible to make the shipment today. Please email me as soon as you make the shipment, and as soon as the deal is done, I will give you a positive feedback. Once again here Is the shipping address.

Name...................Simon Wale
Address...............18A Fisayo Street
City......................Shomolu
State....................Lagos State
Zip code..............23401
Country...............Nigeria

Waiting to read from you.
[close]
googled the name and it took me to some dating site
https://badoo.com/en-cm/x.rapstar/ 
"Im Obinna Ejike. a k a x billy"
this guy is a 21 yr old aspiring rapper from cameroon (next to nigeria)
probably a scam

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
I also googled his name, they were talking about him on a gay christians website which I couldn't look at during work for fear that IT might think i'm christian.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »
Years ago I needed to find an apartment ASAP, like in one or two days before the end of the month (long story, got into a fight at the old place). So I went on Craigslist, saw photos of an adequate apartment, and contacted the guy who was supposedly renting it out. He wasn't in the city, but asked me to wire him money through Western Union iirc. Something about it seemed off, but I got the first and last month's rent and went to a small outlet in a convenience store.

My instincts were telling me that I had to double-check it, I can't remember exactly why. I was just about to send the money but before I did, I took the precaution of calling Western Union and explaining the situation.  "Do you think it's a scam?" I said to the Western employee.  "I don't think it's a scam, I know it's a scam," she said. So of course I didn't send it. Then after on the subway ride home, the "landlord" calls me and says, "Hey did you send the money yet?" and I told him I know it's a fucking scam and he hung up immediately. I regretted it; I should've played along and got more of his info and then reported him.

Pretty sketchy. I was at the end of my rope trying to find a new place so I wasn't thinking. Thankfully I avoided losing almost $2000.

I almost feel into something like this too when i was younger and was just trying to move out ASAP. Anytime something looks too good to be true, it ends up being just that. I live in LA where even a 1 bedroom apartment in a crappy neighborhood can run up to 800 bucks or more sometimes. Foolishly i thought hey this 2 bedroom furnished house for 900 on craigslist is a steal! Same thing, guy is overseas and needs money sent to him and he will mail you the keys. When i asked can I view the place he said you can drive by and look at it but because hes not there you cant see the inside until he sends the keys. After that i knew it was a scam and flagged the post.

Another question is has anyone ever fallen into a pyramid scheme?? Those are in a way a scam.

DixonYurazo

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 01:04:16 PM »
more of the same with me.  street weed deal in London - he showed me a glimpse of something green to prove it was legit, got back to my place and opened a paper towel full of oregano.  proceeded to get drunk, so the day ended up just fine.  lesson learned though.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
I got all you guys beat by a mile. I went to art school.

Holy shit, this is quite possibly the best response this thread will ever have.

A friend of mine paid 300 bucks for a bag of sugar once while blacked out in vegas.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »
Not me but a guy I know once sold a bag of sugar to a super drunk dude in Vegas for $300
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 03:43:02 PM »
i got a spam email yesterday that was titled 'may i crave your indulgence'
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »
One time many years ago, a couple of kids came to my door after a snow storm. They offered to shovel our driveway. They did not say they wanted money for it. When they were done and came back, they were sadly disappointed with the economic lesson they just learned.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.