Author Topic: pro skater beefs  (Read 75969 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Re: pro skater beefs
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
How has the biggest beef in skate history not been mentioned?

Nick Jedi vs. Tony Hawk
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

brent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »
Reynolds vs Ragdoll. This was back in the warner ave days. Reynolds was passed out and woke up right when ragdoll was about to fuck with him. Reynolds and Ragdoll got into it, and Reynolds got beat up. There is footage of every second of it in "Ian Reid's Video"
wasn't that trainwreck?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2015, 07:42:54 PM »
that paragraph Puleo wrote is the only thing i have ever liked about him aside from his footage.  he is absolutely right.  Suciu is amazing but  he seems to try extra hard to hide the fact that he is another kid from California.  You better believe he isnt skating love when it is 15 degrees outside.
where is home?

shags6

• Rep: -118
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2015, 07:43:11 PM »
I thought ragdoll and trainwreck were the same person lol

jomeara1

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2015, 07:57:07 PM »
jon dickson and chaz ortiz

rowley vs lizard

andrew langi and nick merlino after langi stole his phone or something

That was very brief...the next day Lizard and Geoff talked it out over the phone and lizard even said Geoff is one of his favorite skaters.

What about Rowley and Heath/ Jeremy Klien?

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2015, 08:19:10 PM »
Flip new for a year prior to appleyard leaving for element, they stopped his pay & royalties  and wouldn't release him from his contract.
They even tried to get him deported back to Canada.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't know if the photo still exists but wasn't there beef between Fred gall and mark suicu? I remember seeing a screen shot of texts saying something about mark claiming he was east or trying be east coast or some stupid shit.
[close]

Don't know about Gall, but Puleo kind of did this:

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2013/07/chrome-ball-interview-61-bobby-puleo.html
[close]
hah! classic eastern PA/philly 'burbs mentality

i don't really care too much for leticia bufoni, but the apparent beef the veteran girl skaters have with her is a bummer.
[close]

But at the same time Gall has a point. Philly is rough city that is built on heritage especially when it comes to skating so when a big non-skate company like Adidas or Nike bring in a Cali skater to "live like a local" whenever he wants is gonna ruffle some feathers. They (Adidas) should've dropped him in a row house in south Philly and paid the rent and make sure he gets food but that's all.

[close]

I don't know. There have been multiple instances of other pros that have parts that feature a city not native to themselves. Nothing to get butt hurt over. There's a difference between being a proud local and a bitter prick.

I hate that shit. You guys do realize people who actually skate Philly aren't from philly? They are from the northeast philly which is the suburbs or NJ. No one actually grew up in philly and skated except for Stevie. Even the sabotage dudes aren't actually from philly. Bobby is a bitch

jomeara1

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »
Some of these beefs are pretty ridiculous and childish...especially for a bunch of grown ass men. 

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2015, 08:47:10 PM »
Got something brand new to add to the list from Jimi Britches at FA to Jamie Thomas

Edit: In case its ever deleted

Perfect. Fuck Jamie Thomas.

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2015, 08:49:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Daveed was definitely 'for $ale' when Rockstar called.
[close]

Also, I'm pretty sure Daveed had an ad on rentboy.com for a while. Seems like the very definition of "for sale" to me.

Sounds more like he's "for rent" to me.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »
Chris Senn does not like Ed Templeton or Kerry Getz.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2015, 08:51:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Got something brand new to add to the list from Jimi Britches at FA to Jamie Thomas

Edit: In case its ever deleted

[close]

Perfect. Fuck Jamie Thomas.

He didnt tag Jamie. Coward move on my eyes.

too much

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »
There are probably 1000's of beefs with skaters getting dropped or tricks done at spots, or partying drama....but there are way more positives times, way more. With two skaters beefing theres like 20 homies all laughing.

I'm kinda scarred to mention it, lol, thinking it will be like the Ring or something coming out my screen... but what about Sheffey? Had beef with Method Man? I kinda feel like he maybe knocked out a skater or two? I've heard the story but cannot remember at all how he left Girl, pretty sure it was around the time of Guy's disappearance but gnarlier.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »
pappas and hawk

adam mcnatt and muska

micke reyes and reynolds

What happened with this?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:06 PM »
Flip new for a year prior to appleyard leaving for element, they stopped his pay & royalties� and wouldn't release him from his contract.
Yeah seems he has a serious problem with Jeremy Fox and the other people running things, but is cool with all the riders (from what he said on free lunch and appearing in Rowley's battle commander).

Sanchez had huge beef with Rocco over a girl and fucked up the world offices. Its unclear why he didn't get on Girl, he says he didn't want to leave a solid paycheck, Gavin says he got the last spot on Girl because Sanchez pissed everyone off on a trip right before everyone left. Clyde vs Sanch over Clyde stopping him getting on Aesthetics which popped up on facebook a decade later with Clyde making fun of Sanch's baby's head shape. 

Gary Rogers and some LE guys have a beef. And i'm sure there are bunch of high school level stories of certain people getting people booted from teams or not voting them on for petty reasons (Siles/Bachinsky with Adidas, Braydon/Merlino with Baker etc.)  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:07:04 PM by DannyDee »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2015, 09:11:43 PM »
Puleo vs Vivien Feil

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2015, 09:53:35 PM »
Lest we forget Kyle Robinson vs Jamie Tancowny, a beef that played out before our very own eyes. I think it ended w/ Kyle lurking outside Tancowny's house and his mom getting a slap account to drop statistics on Canadian mental health. These my friends, were the golden days of slap.

4wheels

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2015, 09:55:34 PM »
dane durman and suciu?
anyone know anything?

0:21

straight

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2015, 09:57:52 PM »
Provost and sheckler

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »
Expand Quote

rowley vs lizard

[close]

That was very brief...the next day Lizard and Geoff talked it out over the phone and lizard even said Geoff is one of his favorite skaters.

yeah, lizard was talking shit to rowley and rowley punched him in the face hitting lizards nose, lizard said he looked the next day and rowley punched his nose straight since it was krooked, and lizard said "dude i was hyped i got punched in the face by rowley, if my friends heard that they would freak out that i got beat of by geoff fucking rowley, and he fixed my nose for free, he like, made me a more beautiful person." i swear that's pretty much what he said in a like a epicly later'ed or something.
 oh and with the Jamie vs FA post heres my favorite quote from the comments.
"Lol he wore bell bottoms and skated to RUSH."
and does I SUCK! aka jamie even still lurk on here, if he shows up that would make this thread 3 times better.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:23:03 PM by TOAST-FACE KILLA »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -255
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2015, 10:50:58 PM »
Flip new for a year prior to appleyard leaving for element, they stopped his pay & royalties  and wouldn't release him from his contract.

If you are in a contract that is watertight to the point that you can't be released from it, there's no way that company can get away with just not paying that person.

The Suciu Burman beef I bet is funny as fuck.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2015, 11:25:46 PM »
I'd love to also find out the beef that ended the Skate Nerd tournament, pretty sure it involved Jamie Thomas and Lee Dupont.

Aint

• Rep: -4
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2015, 01:19:30 AM »
I'm certain that the unnamed Anti Hero rider that had beef with dylan was trujillo. You can tell that dylan idolized the guy around that time and there have been countless reports of trujillo being a giant tool.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -255
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2015, 01:48:59 AM »

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2015, 02:04:23 AM »
I'd love to also find out the beef that ended the Skate Nerd tournament, pretty sure it involved Jamie Thomas and Lee Dupont.
I would be very surprised if that wasn't exactly it.

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2015, 02:22:37 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87822.msg2388962#msg2388962 date=1444194921
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

rowley vs lizard

[close]

[close]
yeah, lizard was talking shit to rowley and rowley punched him in the face hitting lizards nose, lizard said he looked the next day and rowley punched his nose straight since it was krooked, and lizard said "dude i was hyped i got punched in the face by rowley, if my friends heard that they would freak out that i got beat of by geoff fucking rowley, and he fixed my nose for free, he like, made me a more beautiful person." i swear that's pretty much what he said in a like a epicly later'ed or something.
 oh and with the Jamie vs FA post heres my favorite quote from the comments.
"Lol he wore bell bottoms and skated to RUSH."
and does I SUCK! aka jamie even still lurk on here, if he shows up that would make this thread 3 times better.

around 40 seconds in

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2015, 02:57:11 AM »
There are probably 1000's of beefs with skaters getting dropped or tricks done at spots, or partying drama....but there are way more positives times, way more. With two skaters beefing theres like 20 homies all laughing.

I'm kinda scarred to mention it, lol, thinking it will be like the Ring or something coming out my screen... but what about Sheffey? Had beef with Method Man? I kinda feel like he maybe knocked out a skater or two? I've heard the story but cannot remember at all how he left Girl, pretty sure it was around the time of Guy's disappearance but gnarlier.

its in chromeball. pretty funny: http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2010/09/chrome-ball-interview-14-sean-sheffey.html

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2015, 03:55:33 AM »
Anyone have the vid of Andy Roy trying to get Darren Naverette to fight him? I've been looking for it for a while now. I just remember that they were in a hotel lobby, and Andy was was saying "fuck creature" and was talking a bunch of other shit to Darren the whole time trying to initiate a fight but Darren didn't want to. I also remember Phelps was there, sitting down and watching the whole thing happen in a drugged out daze.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2015, 04:12:44 AM »
Anyone have the vid of Andy Roy trying to get Darren Naverette to fight him? I've been looking for it for a while now. I just remember that they were in a hotel lobby, and Andy was was saying "fuck creature" and was talking a bunch of other shit to Darren the whole time trying to initiate a fight but Darren didn't want to. I also remember Phelps was there, sitting down and watching the whole thing happen in a drugged out daze.

haha yeah he  also says "fuck transworld"... looked at youtube but couldn't find the specific video you mentioned.

edit ; here's the thread but the videos taken down

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=63090.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:25:56 AM by fulfillthedream »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Shredface

• Rep: -44
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2015, 05:10:29 AM »
I thought ragdoll and trainwreck were the same person lol
dude.... What the fuck? Why don't you kids learn some history before your internet shit talk session, fuckin eh. What are you guys all 12 ?
Jesus fucking Christ! You kids are so ready to talk shit, and most of the time your head is rammed way up your ass and you have no idea what you are talking about or even saying. Your generation is fucked