Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 850027 times)

mynameisnotjeff, fuckmyself, Xen and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CarcassToss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #9420 on: June 16, 2024, 02:27:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The 600 has been an amazing show. Slightly beefed up 440 or toned down 1010 depending on how you look at it, incredible durability, pretty much a no complaint show once broken in.
[close]

tts?
[close]
Both, 1010 and 600, TTS for me.

I wear the same size in all NB shoes. The 600 are a bit too wide in the midfoot but don't look cinched.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1051
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #9421 on: June 16, 2024, 02:33:44 PM »
Poor @moonordie getting roasted in here while being helpful.

Had my first experience with the 440 wides today on a gear swap, and I’m left feeling more confused than when I started the day. I’d say my experience with the V1’s is that that shoe fits my foot out of the box quite perfect. The v2 wide’s I received are a half size up (and obviously wide), but don’t seem to feel wider in any particular area aside from the toe box. The rest of my foot feels comfortably locked in.

I guess I was expecting something different, or that the entire shoe would feel larger fit wise, but I wasn’t able to really notice any sort of difference. They felt good, and as per usual with the 440, very light.

@Atiba Applebum , the Franky’s seem to be vastly under represented on here generally speaking. I don’t know if some of it is the vulc factor, or if it’s due to that model being poorly reviewed. I purchased a few pairs, never skated and certainly wish I hadn’t spent the money. They don’t fit me tts, and I don’t feel like suffering to make a vulc shoe work. Plus reviews seem to indicate that there’s durability issues as far as stitching placement on the sides, etc.

I wasn't roasting him, it was very obvious what the situation was (if you take the time to look at the post).

My V2 Wides experience is very different. I'd imagine your foot is much wider than mine and you probably need a 2ee or whatever is after 2E. I wore them around the house all day except when sleeping for 3 days straight before skating; one day at the gym, then multiple sessions.

TTS, and they are plenty wide from mid foot all the way to the toe box, comparitavley speaking from the 440V1; if I sized up I'd be swimming bigtime laterally and presumebly with a ton of heelslip (as these have just a touch of it) ; They are plenty wide for those with kankles as well and I dare say they fit my foot perfectly. Looking at other wide (not 2e mind) shoes these are visibly wider (compared to the nora for example, the widest adidas I've found for my foot shape). Fit wise with my Nike 2E runners they fit width-wise very close (nike being mostly mesh so much more stretchy).

They're wide, not super wide. If anyone has been following (or searching) this thread, it's been noted that it's just a few mm wider than the non-wide.

Grippy shoe too! Didn't notice until last night that the perforations are reflective underneath.

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #9422 on: June 16, 2024, 02:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote

Had my first experience with the 440 wides today on a gear swap, and I’m left feeling more confused than when I started the day. I’d say my experience with the V1’s is that that shoe fits my foot out of the box quite perfect. The v2 wide’s I received are a half size up (and obviously wide), but don’t seem to feel wider in any particular area aside from the toe box. The rest of my foot feels comfortably locked in.

I guess I was expecting something different, or that the entire shoe would feel larger fit wise, but I wasn’t able to really notice any sort of difference. They felt good, and as per usual with the 440, very light.

@Atiba Applebum , the Franky’s seem to be vastly under represented on here generally speaking. I don’t know if some of it is the vulc factor, or if it’s due to that model being poorly reviewed. I purchased a few pairs, never skated and certainly wish I hadn’t spent the money. They don’t fit me tts, and I don’t feel like suffering to make a vulc shoe work. Plus reviews seem to indicate that there’s durability issues as far as stitching placement on the sides, etc.
[close]

I wasn't roasting him, it was very obvious what the situation was (if you take the time to look at the post).

My V2 Wides experience is very different. I'd imagine your foot is much wider than mine and you probably need a 2ee or whatever is after 2E. I wore them around the house all day except when sleeping for 3 days straight before skating; one day at the gym, then multiple sessions.

TTS, and they are plenty wide from mid foot all the way to the toe box, comparitavley speaking from the 440V1; if I sized up I'd be swimming bigtime laterally and presumebly with a ton of heelslip (as these have just a touch of it) ; They are plenty wide for those with kankles as well and I dare say they fit my foot perfectly. Looking at other wide (not 2e mind) shoes these are visibly wider (compared to the nora for example, the widest adidas I've found for my foot shape). Fit wise with my Nike 2E runners they fit width-wise very close (nike being mostly mesh so much more stretchy).

They're wide, not super wide. If anyone has been following (or searching) this thread, it's been noted that it's just a few mm wider than the non-wide.

Grippy shoe too! Didn't notice until last night that the perforations are reflective underneath.

You’re good brother, I just got a little laugh reading the responses to the photos. I actually agree with much of what was said, even if I wouldn’t have said it aloud myself.  ;D

Yeah, I don’t know. I stopped trying to figure out the weirdness of my particular feet long ago. Both are different sizes, and when I’d go to be fitted for ice skates (for hockey) they’d try telling me my feet were only borderline “wide” or “EE”.

So while everyone I skate with is a stickler and a whiner about shoe sizes or fit, I usually just shrug and think “deal with it”. Since it seems so often that there really are few shoes out there that I tend to agree with.

These wides do feel really excellent, but so did the 440 v1’s. I’m just honestly hyped on the entire 400 range of shoes (417’s aside) that NB is putting out there. I just don’t think any other company is putting anything out there of equal value.
It’s so confusing sometimes to be a girl.

herecomesaregular

• Rep: -25
« Reply #9423 on: June 16, 2024, 02:45:45 PM »

Is it because they fit tightly vertically (like, the top, where the laces are is lower than some other shoes)? That feeling made me think they fit small when I first got some, but I came to realize it was a good thing (and likely due to the sock liner which adds a couple mm of foam to the full top part of the shoe. Speaking about both the v1 and v2 on this.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #9424 on: June 16, 2024, 02:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The 600 has been an amazing show. Slightly beefed up 440 or toned down 1010 depending on how you look at it, incredible durability, pretty much a no complaint show once broken in.
[close]

tts?
[close]
[close]

I wear the same size in all NB shoes. The 600 are a bit too wide in the midfoot but don't look cinched.

The 600 are wide in the midfoot? They don't look like it just from the pictures I saw. That was the problem with almost all NB#'s I tried, they felt too tight in the midfoot and sometimes at the heel too. But I still deal with that plantar fasciitis on my left foot.
IG: @flowterspace

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #9425 on: June 16, 2024, 03:18:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

tts?
[close]
[close]

[close]

The 600 are wide in the midfoot? They don't look like it just from the pictures I saw. That was the problem with almost all NB#'s I tried, they felt too tight in the midfoot and sometimes at the heel too. But I still deal with that plantar fasciitis on my left foot.

Slightly wider in the mid-foot than most other NB# cup soles but considering NB#cup soles are generally the narrowest in the mid-foot IMO, they are not what I would consider wide by any means.
How much for an order of ribs?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #9426 on: June 16, 2024, 03:58:42 PM »

Fair enough - I like the look, but tried on a leather ish one and it def didn’t feel good like the 1010, 600, or 440s have felt

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9427 on: June 16, 2024, 04:52:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You’re good brother, I just got a little laugh reading the responses to the photos. I actually agree with much of what was said, even if I wouldn’t have said it aloud myself.  ;D

Yeah, I don’t know. I stopped trying to figure out the weirdness of my particular feet long ago. Both are different sizes, and when I’d go to be fitted for ice skates (for hockey) they’d try telling me my feet were only borderline “wide” or “EE”.

So while everyone I skate with is a stickler and a whiner about shoe sizes or fit, I usually just shrug and think “deal with it”. Since it seems so often that there really are few shoes out there that I tend to agree with.

These wides do feel really excellent, but so did the 440 v1’s. I’m just honestly hyped on the entire 400 range of shoes (417’s aside) that NB is putting out there. I just don’t think any other company is putting anything out there of equal value.

Agreed, NB# is way ahead of the game; shoe variety that's also quality. 480/1010/808/600/440v2 (255/574/425/Foy and westgate don't get much love around here it seems) - just look at that model line up (and I left some out).

CarcassToss

« Reply #9428 on: June 16, 2024, 05:03:34 PM »
Westgates are nice but they often get shitty colorways and honestly they're a strange one for me. They feel thinner than a 440, still grip well, still last long, but there's not much that makes me want to skate them over a vulc. He deserves a shoe though so I support it in the lineup, but that's probably why it doesn't get as much shine.

It is beyond me why brands like Emerica and DC keep depending on the reissue game or making 6 of the same thing when you see successful brands like NB blossom from fairly small to dominant by basically just making the shit the others used to make- the type of shoes skaters actually want and are buying and making sure each model is actually unique and distinct. Like a 440 and 508 are close in terms of function but they fit, feel, and skate more different than any Emerica cups I've had recently.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9429 on: June 16, 2024, 05:36:00 PM »
Westgates are nice but they often get shitty colorways and honestly they're a strange one for me. They feel thinner than a 440, still grip well, still last long, but there's not much that makes me want to skate them over a vulc. He deserves a shoe though so I support it in the lineup, but that's probably why it doesn't get as much shine.

It is beyond me why brands like Emerica and DC keep depending on the reissue game or making 6 of the same thing when you see successful brands like NB blossom from fairly small to dominant by basically just making the shit the others used to make- the type of shoes skaters actually want and are buying and making sure each model is actually unique and distinct. Like a 440 and 508 are close in terms of function but they fit, feel, and skate more different than any Emerica cups I've had recently.

Those smaller brands tend to have the same kinda skaters fashion wise too which is why all the shoes look the same.   Lakai started off with a diverse crew so at least there was variety

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #9430 on: June 16, 2024, 05:44:24 PM »

I love NB#, but we gotta remember that they have deeper pockets than “core” brands. They can take more risks.

If DC and Emerica flop to hard they’ll die. If Nike, Adidas, or New Balance’s skate divisions flop they’ll be like 🥱😂

It’s like how Microsoft can take more risks with their video game consoles than Sony and Nintendo. They’re playing a different game.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2028
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9431 on: June 16, 2024, 05:59:21 PM »

Bring back the 868!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9432 on: June 16, 2024, 06:21:14 PM »
Upcoming 417 Low! Apparently there will be plenty of black soles later in this year.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9433 on: June 16, 2024, 06:39:29 PM »
Upcoming 417 Low! Apparently there will be plenty of black soles later in this year.

I saw that on some random IG.  Thought it was just a photoshop.   Looks interesting

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9434 on: June 16, 2024, 07:09:08 PM »
Bunch of new 440v2s on NB’s site. Someone please talk me down. I own too many shoes, but this colorway is amazing. Brown and Black looks so good together:

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440-high-v2/NM440HV2-47532.html

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #9435 on: June 16, 2024, 07:18:09 PM »
Bunch of new 440v2s on NB’s site. Someone please talk me down. I own too many shoes, but this colorway is amazing. Brown and Black looks so good together:

worried you're gonna get trapped under a falling tower of the new near-indestructible boxes

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9436 on: June 16, 2024, 10:24:32 PM »

I've had that V2 high in wide in my cart for days...I really like the 440v2 low wide, but I want to try a 480 [low] as well but dislike all the current colorways that are readily available.

these just ain't it
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 10:42:52 PM by Xen »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9437 on: June 16, 2024, 11:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

tts?
[close]
[close]

[close]

I feel that NB# got better sizing wise, I remember that years ago was a whole mess. In my current experience (440, 480, 508, 600, 808 and 1010) all models are TTS with the dole exception being 808 that I need to +.5 even tho TTS also works but only in that particular model sizing up works better for me.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

diplodocus

• Rep: 170
  • long neck
« Reply #9438 on: June 17, 2024, 09:51:54 AM »
I have been skating the 440v2 for a few weeks now, and I really have to say. This is one of the best skate shoes out right now. For the value of 85 dollars and the performance you get, it really is a no brainer. To anyone reading this considering the v2, get them. You won't be disappointed.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 41
« Reply #9439 on: June 17, 2024, 09:58:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've had that V2 high in wide in my cart for days...I really like the 440v2 low wide, but I want to try a 480 [low] as well but dislike all the current colorways that are readily available.

these just ain't it

the russet, white/gum, black/gum, lakers, and celtics are all good colorways. don't be a coward

CarcassToss

« Reply #9440 on: June 17, 2024, 10:19:47 AM »
Could people stop quoting Ohio Guy I blocked his posts for a reason

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 130
« Reply #9441 on: June 17, 2024, 10:24:09 AM »

Good looking shoes.

dstrytruitt

« Reply #9442 on: June 17, 2024, 10:29:53 AM »

Sorry, but I missed the beef with Ohio Guy; what's the problem?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
« Reply #9443 on: June 17, 2024, 10:46:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah me too. i wanna know.

i was a big fan of the 1010s, skated a few pairs. went to dunks.
i’ve had one pair of 808s (wheats, so good). love the shoe. took a really long time to get wide enough, now they are perfect.
i’ve always worn nikes, for the narrow heel/general fit, but i’m a bit less concerned with that as i’ve gotten older, and my forefoot has spread out quite a bit. the toes get pinched in the 808s.
480s, 600s, or 808s? what’s next?

i really don’t care too much about board feel. i was skating in black af1s, absolutely looking like late night McD’s management. the point is, id rather my foot be supported, than feel my board. the last 10-15 years of skating has been really sporadic, and a lot to do with pain avoidance. from the knees down everything hurts. a lot.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 10:54:59 AM by Ok »

dstrytruitt

« Reply #9444 on: June 17, 2024, 11:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i’ve had one pair of 808s (wheats, so good). love the shoe. took a really long time to get wide enough, now they are perfect.
i’ve always worn nikes, for the narrow heel/general fit, but i’m a bit less concerned with that as i’ve gotten older, and my forefoot has spread out quite a bit. the toes get pinched in the 808s.

i really don’t care too much about board feel. i was skating in black af1s, absolutely looking like late night McD’s management. the point is, id rather my foot be supported, than feel my board. the last 10-15 years of skating has been really sporadic, and a lot to do with pain avoidance. from the knees down everything hurts. a lot.

McD's management  ;D--that's where my head goes when I see those, too.
I'm old and have sciatic/IT band/plantar fasciitis pain that I can keep at bay with good shoes or insoles along with regular glute/hip workouts and the 480s have been a godsend for me. I skate them with stock insoles and the support in the arch, etc. from the midsole has me skating 5 days/week again. It took me a session to get used to the boardfeel, or lack thereof, but now I love them. For context I'm a tranny skater and I don't flip into or out of shit and the 480 works for my grinds and limited lip tricks.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9445 on: June 17, 2024, 11:14:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm old and have sciatic/IT band/plantar fasciitis pain that I can keep at bay with good shoes or insoles along with regular glute/hip workouts and the 480s have been a godsend for me. I skate them with stock insoles and the support in the arch, etc. from the midsole has me skating 5 days/week again. It took me a session to get used to the boardfeel, or lack thereof, but now I love them. For context I'm a tranny skater and I don't flip into or out of shit and the 480 works for my grinds and limited lip tricks.

i’ll pm you about those workouts. i can’t buy my way out of this hurt.
sounds like the difference between you and i is that you can skate curved walls, and do some grinds and lip tricks. i’m envious.

sounds like the 480s, tts, are the move.
uprise posted some excellent pics a bit back of the white gum ones, man those folks do a great job. their product pics are the shit.
the other shoe i’ve been thinking about is the ave 2.0, hard to vote against nb, their materials and quality is real real decent.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9446 on: June 17, 2024, 12:20:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably finds me annoying. Which is cool. But I haven’t posted anything offensive, trolled anyone, etc. So the fact that he’s ignoring me says more about him than me.

I can post nonsense sometimes (like most users), but I try my best to be helpful.

It’s ridiculous to expect others to have a beef with someone because you do though 🤷🏿‍♂️

dstrytruitt

« Reply #9447 on: June 17, 2024, 12:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Probably finds me annoying. Which is cool. But I haven’t posted anything offensive, trolled anyone, etc. So the fact that he’s ignoring me says more about him than me.

I can post nonsense sometimes (like most users), but I try my best to be helpful.

It’s ridiculous to expect others to have a beef with someone because you do though 🤷🏿‍♂️

Ah, harsh and lame. As is the internet  ::)
Glad you're choosing not to care.

Carry on.

dstrytruitt

« Reply #9448 on: June 17, 2024, 12:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i’ll pm you about those workouts. i can’t buy my way out of this hurt.
sounds like the difference between you and i is that you can skate curved walls, and do some grinds and lip tricks. i’m envious.

sounds like the 480s, tts, are the move.
uprise posted some excellent pics a bit back of the white gum ones, man those folks do a great job. their product pics are the shit.
the other shoe i’ve been thinking about is the ave 2.0, hard to vote against nb, their materials and quality is real real decent.

Yeah, man, hit me up and I can send you some ideas. I was trying to buy off the pain but the simple exercises were the only real solution. Who'd have thought...
The white/gum suede 480s are sick and I'm thinking I'll get them and add some different laces; some serious color. With all the young'uns running all white tennis shoes I can't look like I'm trying to blend in  8)

The ave 2.0 intrigues me, too, but yeah, NB and their all-around quality is going to be hard to beat. But those lavenders...

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9449 on: June 17, 2024, 12:34:56 PM »
i lead the league in being annoying, i’ve used the gear forum, flagrantly, as some type of post mid life crisis therapy/trauma folder.
i really do it.
i think i’ve posted in the tall skaters threads (im 5’8”).
i go into the big boards threads, dont skate big boards.
i’ve got more trucks than og rob.
i make it all about me^^^

back to nb: any wide footers recommend a whole size up in the 808?
anyone recommend a shoe stretcher for width?
i’ve had one pair of 808s, and i rotate shoes, but these really really last. it’s rad. i just need some more width across the metatarsals.
the 808s are great for walking too.