Author Topic: Boys of summer "Jeff kutter" calling out dollin  (Read 25129 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Boys of summer "Jeff kutter" calling out dollin
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2016, 11:51:58 AM »
I'd say I'm on the Bobby Worrest drinking program -- I'll have periods of intense sobriety and periods where I let loose a bit. After just a few weeks without drinking, I can feel a huge difference in my physical and mental wellbeing. Even when I'm drinking more often, I still have no desire to get blackout drunk and stay out until the early morning anymore. It's not worth it, it makes skating way harder, my productivity drops, it increases my anxiety, and it makes me feel like an overall piece of shit. It's such a bummer watching some of my more talented friends piss away their gift over time. 
Expand Quote
Dustin Dollin makes me cringe.
[close]

Well I mean he's not exactly my fav either but the dude lives how he wants to live and hasn't really followed trends or jump bandwagons in terms of tricks/ fashion over the years. Some random trying to call him out on insta as a means of trying to remain semi-relevant is waaaaay more cringe inducing if you ask me :-\
As opposed to a passive-aggressive dig at some of the hardest-working pros (AVE, Guy) in skateboarding? Dollin can barely produce a clip nowadays and ruined what could have been the definitive Andrew Allen part, whereas the legends pushing skateboarding are generally the sober guys (AKA the 30+ year olds who have their shit together)... and calling out someone for "false gods" and mocking religion in that fashion is the biggest phony-smart guy thing imaginable.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:54:15 AM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 12:24:54 PM »
is nick cave the only cool australian?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 12:39:52 PM »
^no   Aussies are fine. Bon Scott.  I've known alot of alright aussies fo sure.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:42:34 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
Smoke some ganja and you're quiet as a mouse, there's a trail of dead bodies and broken lives due to alcohol... Legalize it, fuckin backwards ass country

palenimbus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2016, 12:51:25 PM »
is nick cave the only cool australian?

no there's Callum Paul too. remember him?

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
both crocodile hunter and dundee were cool. this kid too

MKULTRA

• Rep: -18
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
Expand Quote
I have 800 days tomorrow. And I've never prayed to anyone/anything. But I do put a high price on sobriety. Some people need it. Apparently Dustin thinks he can handle his drinking so more power to him. I know I've seen him in horrible states of intoxication at Black before. And people kept giving him drinks and praising him.
[close]

Just curious, what were the major pros in your sobriety? Were you a bad drinker or just a casual drinker? I drink but not to the point where I need it all the time but it's about once a week which is mostly a happy hour thing. I am going to be 35 in a bit and am thinking about just cutting it off for whatever reason but wonder if there will be little to no difference from it.

You are 35 and do not know what would be different if you abstained from alcohol? People are in recovery because their drinking and drugging was uncontrollable, and a major source of problems.

Keep coming back...

CHANCHO

• Rep: -25
  • IAMIYAM
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »
lame

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2016, 01:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have 800 days tomorrow. And I've never prayed to anyone/anything. But I do put a high price on sobriety. Some people need it. Apparently Dustin thinks he can handle his drinking so more power to him. I know I've seen him in horrible states of intoxication at Black before. And people kept giving him drinks and praising him.
[close]

Just curious, what were the major pros in your sobriety? Were you a bad drinker or just a casual drinker? I drink but not to the point where I need it all the time but it's about once a week which is mostly a happy hour thing. I am going to be 35 in a bit and am thinking about just cutting it off for whatever reason but wonder if there will be little to no difference from it.
[close]

You are 35 and do not know what would be different if you abstained from alcohol? People are in recovery because their drinking and drugging was uncontrollable, and a major source of problems.

Keep coming back...

He said he drinks once a week. There would probably be little to no difference.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2016, 01:19:22 PM »
 Was it a personal shot towards the boys of summer guy or something I mean come on Life ain't that hard on the Fairfax and shit. Or I wonder if it was a message from the whole boys of summer community and not just geoff Cutter. Anyways defcon is cool. Maybe the whole boys of summer team want to square up on the Spawn on the Fairfax.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »
Expand Quote
does no one here seriously understand the phrase 'false gods'

it doesn't literally mean god as in the christian sense.

it's the act of giving something a much higher value than it should have.

nowadays we have plenty of false gods in society, things like food and are a good example
people will glorify the act of eating something like an avocado to the point of nonsense by exclaiming
its nutritional value and health purposes, where as in reality these values/purposes may be slim to none.

false gods are cyclical too - working out crazes, drinking 5 litres of water a day fads, gluten-free diets
alot of it is just nonsense created by hysteria and a herd mentality.

what dollin was getting at was the act of being sober now in skateboarding is being attributed to a bunch of fads that have
actually nothing to do with the act of being sober (his opinion)

I dont really know about the minor problems part but a serious problem for someone else might be a minor problem to him
[close]

Does Dollin understand the phrase "false gods?" This would be nice if its really what he's getting at but, to me, it makes a lot more sense for him to be bashing the accepting-that-there-is-a-higher-power (usually Christian god) part of AA. You seem like one of the only people in here who understands the term (until now), and lots of us are pretty educated and usually would know this type of shit. I really don't think Dollin would

And what fads? I get stupid health fads, but do people really use fads to cure alcoholism? Seems like too serious of an issue to be treated without something like therapy

yeh but he said 'gods' not god

a false god would insinuate something against the christian god

but gods is not a christian thing - monotheism 

Pretty Serious

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
One thing is for sure, your drunken antics become exponentially less adorable every year you get older and they weren't very cute to begin with.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:13 PM »
lol people getting so bent up on stupid Thrasher quote. It was some offhand remarks from Dollin that they quoted, calm down. Kutter is a crybaby , proof by Koston (the king of internet crybabies) jumping on and being one of the first people to comment on this shit.

Eric ricks

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »
Who is " boys of summer" ???

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -255
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »
Its just kind of funny.

Jeff Kutter is a pussy.

Who cares about religion. Do what you want. Take a joke.

All of this. And to the posters saying that Dustin ruined AA's part in the Vans video need to go re watch ASAP.

MKULTRA

• Rep: -18
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Keep coming back...

[close]
He said he drinks once a week. There would probably be little to no difference.

My point is if this guy is 35 years old, drinks once a week, and is concerned that his life will be dramatically changed if he stops drinking. He seems a bit dense, especially for an adult of his age. He has been able to drink legally for 14 years.

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84

Scott Case

• Rep: -12
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2016, 05:43:10 PM »
Dustin doesn't care about AA

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2016, 06:40:11 PM »
Can anybody not handle their booze anymore?

Winking Starfish

• Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2016, 06:49:41 PM »
Dustin of false gods confirmed.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2016, 07:10:22 PM »
Dollin is not a good role model, but it would take a real dumbass kid to start drinking because they see Dustin drinking. Blame that on bad parenting, lack of education w/e.

I agree the 12 step programs that include god aren't perfect, but they help some so they're OK by me. What's the cure? GOD? Self respect? Medication? Hard Labor? There is no 1 answer for every person out there.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »
Dustin of false gods confirmed.
Sounds like a shitty LA street wear brand

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2016, 08:05:18 PM »
I'd say I'm on the Bobby Worrest drinking program -- I'll have periods of intense sobriety and periods where I let loose a bit. After just a few weeks without drinking, I can feel a huge difference in my physical and mental wellbeing. Even when I'm drinking more often, I still have no desire to get blackout drunk and stay out until the early morning anymore. It's not worth it, it makes skating way harder, my productivity drops, it increases my anxiety, and it makes me feel like an overall piece of shit. It's such a bummer watching some of my more talented friends piss away their gift over time.�
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dustin Dollin makes me cringe.
[close]

Well I mean he's not exactly my fav either but the dude lives how he wants to live and hasn't really followed trends or jump bandwagons in terms of tricks/ fashion over the years. Some random trying to call him out on insta as a means of trying to remain semi-relevant is waaaaay more cringe inducing if you ask me :-\
[close]
As opposed to a passive-aggressive dig at some of the hardest-working pros (AVE, Guy) in skateboarding? Dollin can barely produce a clip nowadays and ruined what could have been the definitive Andrew Allen part, whereas the legends pushing skateboarding are generally the sober guys (AKA the 30+ year olds who have their shit together)... and calling out someone for "false gods" and mocking religion in that fashion is the biggest phony-smart guy thing imaginable.

He's had more ACL's than any athlete in any sport, you prob wouldn't be skating after 2 ACL's let alone like 8

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »
^no   Aussies are fine. Bon Scott.  I've known alot of alright aussies fo sure.

He isn't even Australian, also he died because of drinking

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
   ^thanks

RollingThunder

• Rep: 24
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2016, 08:30:12 PM »
The piss drunx ethos would make for an interesting religion....

starwars

• Rep: 1
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2016, 09:49:56 PM »
Does jeff still work for vans...? Haha

teekayhitya

• Rep: -30
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »
lol people getting so bent up on stupid Thrasher quote. It was some offhand remarks from Dollin that they quoted, calm down. Kutter is a crybaby , proof by Koston (the king of internet crybabies) jumping on and being one of the first people to comment on this shit.

nail on the head. no doubt they all read slap shit religiously too

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2016, 10:23:00 PM »
What does kostons hashtag even stand for

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »
^ yah the everybody is "bent up" the world is too uptight for the "offhanded" Dollin who keeps it real.  Man.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:31:08 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »