Author Topic: BA x Reda For The World x Vice Media  (Read 73282 times)

cant stop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • It's all about tricks.
Re: BA x Reda For The World x Vice Media
« Reply #390 on: September 29, 2016, 08:41:26 AM »
I am down with BA, but did anyone else think that was just a little too much information?

Blutto, cops, bears? Your sexuality is your thing, but we really didn't need the details, well I guess the Gonz did, but I didn't.

The things Gonz need to know, we all need to know.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #391 on: September 29, 2016, 08:42:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I am down with BA, but did anyone else think that was just a little too much information?

Blutto, cops, bears? Your sexuality is your thing, but we really didn't need the details, well I guess the Gonz did, but I didn't.
[close]
How many times have straight skaters talked about the kinds of chicks they are into? Didn't J.Klein base his entire existence after it?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #392 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48:31 AM »
Let's hope Sluggers moist ears never hear what the other shit people of all sexual preferences talk about, his head might explode.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #393 on: September 29, 2016, 09:30:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
How many times have straight skaters talked about the kinds of chicks they are into? Didn't J.Klein base his entire existence after it?
[close]

Also we have two threads that are sticky in the whatever section based on tits and asses. Someone bump the cocks thread and sticky that for our gay pals

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #394 on: September 29, 2016, 09:35:12 AM »

Blutto, cops, bears? Your sexuality is your thing, but we really didn't need the details...
Irony is a real thing.

IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

“Skateboarding is truly amazing. Wearing a helmet while hitting a handrail can kook you for life, but being an antisocial weirdo with mystique can earn you a pass.” -Some guy on SLAP

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »
Expand Quote

Blutto, cops, bears? Your sexuality is your thing, but we really didn't need the details...
[close]
Irony is a real thing.

Lol. I never seen that I am always on the unread posts since last visit ...never knew that was pinned

elmcityboy

• Rep: -4
« Reply #396 on: September 29, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »

crucial screencap courtesy of quartersnacks

GinosGroceries

« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »

Fuck off fuck off fuck off

It's all relevant to the conversation. When did he start to realize he liked guys? When he saw Bluto. Does he like skaters? No he prefers bears and ironically the cops who kick skaters out of spots.

Fuck, let the gays have this. Or should we interview you because you feel left out of the conversation?

Like I get it. You're straight. You've never had to go looking for role models that you relate to on a personal level, and you've never been scared for your well being because of who you love. Try to have an open mind and put yourself in other people's shoes before you speak.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #398 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Irony is a real thing.

sponegg

• Rep: -4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »
I really hope BA wins SOTY this year, the impact of his coming out will change and influence so many skateboarders lives.

A couple of flat land 360 flips would also hype me out more than any of the parts i've seen so far this year

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Irony is a real thing.

[close]
Lol. I never seen that I am always on the unread posts since last visit ...never knew that was pinned

not buying this for a second.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 923
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »
I caught mad feelings for a fine female officer once that was kicking us out. I've never been quite as cooperative and kind to a cop as I was that day.

I hope that wasn't too much information for those who feel uncomfortable about things.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #402 on: September 29, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Irony is a real thing.

[close]
[close]

not buying this for a second.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #403 on: September 29, 2016, 02:34:25 PM »
I just watched this last night; I thought it was exceptional. I think it is huge for Brian to feel comfortable with literally letting the world know, as there are risks associated with that; i.e. companies you ride for, etc. I liked how he was pretty open and didn't try to come out with this announcement, and then give a discrete explanation. On a side note, I though tit was pretty wild that at the age of 3, he claimed to have known something was different.

Lastly, I really liked 3D.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #404 on: September 29, 2016, 02:39:04 PM »
I caught mad feelings for a fine female officer once that was kicking us out. I've never been quite as cooperative and kind to a cop as I was that day.

I hope that wasn't too much information for those who feel uncomfortable about things.
Aghh stop shoving your heterosexuality down my throat.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #405 on: September 29, 2016, 04:41:11 PM »

I bet anything Sluggers is 100% a homophobe. No one would say shit like this unless they're a true homophobe.

Sluggers, fuck off. BA can talk about whatever the fuck he likes! You can't handle it? Smash your head into the concrete for us please.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #406 on: September 29, 2016, 05:50:25 PM »
It's good to see Staba has moved on from his bundle of sticks decks to ones with a woman fucking a baby

I started skating in 87 (maybe even 86?) and I can say without a doubt that this is THE worst graphic I've ever seen. What in the fuck's fuck are you even trying to do Staba? It's not edgy, it's not offensive and its defs not even remotely funny...
Then again, this is skate mental we're talking about; they make LE look relevant :D

P.s. Keep them Klein burns coming <3

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2016, 05:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote
It's good to see Staba has moved on from his bundle of sticks decks to ones with a woman fucking a baby

[close]
I started skating in 87 (maybe even 86?) and I can say without a doubt that this is THE worst graphic I've ever seen. What in the fuck's fuck are you even trying to do Staba? It's not edgy, it's not offensive and its defs not even remotely funny...
Then again, this is skate mental we're talking about; they make LE look relevant :D

P.s. Keep them Klein burns coming <3
I think it's funny.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #408 on: September 29, 2016, 06:04:10 PM »

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #409 on: September 29, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »
Never mind. I looked at it again. Disregard.

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #410 on: September 29, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
i remember years ago i had this girl board and it had the girl logo at the bottom and then there was a slight bigger logo behind it but bigger and it kept going. i remember kostons was shades of pink and some one had shade of blue but BA's was a rainbow. i got the BA one.

i'm happy for him. good on him.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: September 29, 2016, 07:41:10 PM »
Never mind. I looked at it again. Disregard.
phew *wipes brow*

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #412 on: September 30, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the fuck

Swap the genders and it would be on Fox News yesterday.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #413 on: September 30, 2016, 11:02:03 AM »
Shane was smart to bail that shit show when he did.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2365
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #414 on: September 30, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
I remember a real long time ago someone on Slap posted that they were in SF and saw BA coming out of a gay bar "with some Watson looking dude". I was pretty stoked on that but now that I know BA's man preferences more in depth I'm kind of insulted. I'm not a full on bear. I'm really hairy and can grow an amazing beard, but I'm not that big. I don't look like fucking Bluto for fuck's sake!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #415 on: September 30, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »
I remember a real long time ago someone on Slap posted that they were in SF and saw BA coming out of a gay bar "with some Watson looking dude". I was pretty stoked on that but now that I know BA's man preferences more in depth I'm kind of insulted. I'm not a full on bear. I'm really hairy and can grow an amazing beard, but I'm not that big. I don't look like fucking Bluto for fuck's sake!

It's probably because of your elbow and knee nipples . I know those little gems tear me apart.

shark tits

« Reply #416 on: September 30, 2016, 11:23:36 AM »
Sometimes he's bluto & sometimes he's Brutus but nobody mentions it

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #417 on: September 30, 2016, 12:17:47 PM »
I might be Bluto for Halloween after seeing that...
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #418 on: September 30, 2016, 12:59:09 PM »
BA's been one of my favorites since I was a little kid watching Yeah Right and Modus. So stoked for him for doing this. I bet now with all of that weight off of his shoulders he's gonna shred even harder all of the time.

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 22
« Reply #419 on: September 30, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I bet anything Sluggers is 100% a homophobe. No one would say shit like this unless they're a true homophobe.

Sluggers, fuck off. BA can talk about whatever the fuck he likes! You can't handle it? Smash your head into the concrete for us please.

I think it takes a while for people to realize gay people are just people. I don't think BA really sexualized anything in that minidoc, it was more like "hey I'm gay, and here's what that's meant for me". A lot of people, especially young people, have to sexualize everything cause it's cool and sex is everything. We can see this in Reda's cringe filled comment in the credits about big dicks, or Biebel and his "more pussy for me" comment. There is more to being gay than just the sexual aspect, and I don't think a lot of people even consider that.

So no. I don't think BA divulged too much of anything. I think people see or hear gay and automatically think "I have no problen with two dudes sword fighting, brrrha, I'm soooo open minded and progressive", and don't even consider the fact that BA had to hid a whole part of his life. Good on you BA, I've always loved the guy's skating and glad he can be himself.