Author Topic: Numbers  (Read 59109 times)

christ0v

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
Re: Numbers
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
they hired the best yoga pants designer they could find.
[close]
They didn't look very hard, most yoga pants look 10x better
[close]
having worked at lululemon I know that most of the designers know of other features than gradients and the text tool in illustrator.

these boards are like the first 5 minute class of any Adobe program 3 minutes of a youtube tutorial.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:25:38 AM by christ0v »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2016, 11:35:37 AM »
As stupid as their graphics look, I don't think they'll ever be as bad as Real Skateboards.
To this day I can't believe DLX puts that stuff out there. Woof.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2016, 12:09:55 PM »
Quote from: new_york_shitty  link=topic=93544.msg2585540#msg2585540 date=1482176137
As stupid as their graphics look, I don't think they'll ever be as bad as Real Skateboards.
i dont think you can lump numbers bland, oversimplified gradient deck with real. they might not always put out something you like but they put out a wide variety of graphics every release. this is numbers first offering and its a fair weak start.

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2016, 12:36:37 PM »
Quote from: new_york_shitty  link=topic=93544.msg2585540#msg2585540 date=1482176137
Expand Quote
[close]
i dont think you can lump numbers bland, oversimplified gradient deck with real. they might not always put out something you like but they put out a wide variety of graphics every release. this is numbers first offering and its a fair weak start.

My point was Real has always put out stuff I don't like, and, to my point, I don't think Numbers will ever be as bad.
Despite the kook received, I stand by my comment.

micky682

« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »
Worst company to come out since Sovrn.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2016, 07:11:08 PM »
but you didn't mention anything about yoga pant related business. still, it's worth repeating how fucking stupid these graphics are.

I'll go again:

These designs could be made by the 12 year old me when I got Photoshop 6 to be able to make Muska sun wallpapers back in 2001 or 2.

So you're saying that the Muska Sun board graphic, one of the best ever, could be made by a 12 year old too... Isn't that funny?
You guys are acting like it needs to be a fully hyperrealistic painting on a board to be cool, it doesnt actually.

I didnt like the intro clip at all but I'm actually not mad with those graphics, I dig them (I'm the only one I guess). I think they set the minimalistic approach to the brand and have a vaporwave flavor to it but not as "cliche". They do look like printer test pages ahah but also like some iphone lockscreen.

So now It's a tie for me. cool aesthetics, bad clip (not counting the amazing Durag clip because it was a nike thing). Will wait for more stuff so I can have a better opinion.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »
Expand Quote
but you didn't mention anything about yoga pant related business. still, it's worth repeating how fucking stupid these graphics are.

I'll go again:

These designs could be made by the 12 year old me when I got Photoshop 6 to be able to make Muska sun wallpapers back in 2001 or 2.
[close]

So you're saying that the Muska Sun board graphic, one of the best ever, could be made by a 12 year old too... Isn't that funny?
You guys are acting like it needs to be a fully hyperrealistic painting on a board to be cool, it doesnt actually.

I didnt like the intro clip at all but I'm actually not mad with those graphics, I dig them (I'm the only one I guess). I think they set the minimalistic approach to the brand and have a vaporwave flavor to it but not as "cliche". They do look like printer test pages ahah but also like some iphone lockscreen.

So now It's a tie for me. cool aesthetics, bad clip (not counting the amazing Durag clip because it was a nike thing). Will wait for more stuff so I can have a better opinion.

I love you but...
you never know about pre-cum 

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3512
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »
Would have been so much cooler if they wrote it NumberZ.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
Worst company to come out since Sovrn.

I'm by no means a fan but the sovrn graphics are 100x better than these.
It's pretty amazing that both guy and eric koston would o.k. these graphics, you would think they would have at least some artistic sense in them  ???

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2016, 08:02:50 PM »
Would have been so much cooler if they wrote it NumberZ.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »
Expand Quote

I'll go again:

[close]

The Muska sun and Hosoi (I'm embrassed that I didn't think of that one) are simple to make. Make some vertical bars and use Polar Coordinates. Add a white circle and a smaller red circle and finally top if off with a take-away font and you're done.
It was the first thing I learned to do in Photoshop at a LAN party at the age of 12. So yeah, technically it would be possible for a 12 year old to make the artwork.

I personally prefer boards with more drawings and collages rather than digi-printed stuff.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2016, 01:43:50 AM »
Expand Quote

i can see the top graphic paint peeling of and taking the grip tape with it...
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2016, 02:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I'll go again:

[close]

[close]
I love you but...

I'm glad I'm not alone in this  :-*

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

G raham

• Rep: -48
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2016, 05:44:52 AM »
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2376
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2016, 09:33:36 AM »
It's pretty amazing that both guy and eric koston would o.k. these graphics, you would think they would have at least some artistic sense in them  ???

Dude, what are you talking about?

"Eric: It is some Da Vinci Code shit. It is sort of the window into how we want the brand to be portrayed and you have the slash going through it. There's a lot of meaning. We went pretty Da Vinci Code with everything."

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:49 AM »
What if these boards are some kind of puzzle pieces, and at the end of the year, if you align all those boards in a way it makes a huge graphic that is something about the golden ratio, the vitruvian man or Pi or something.
THAT would be cool.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2016, 09:53:56 AM »
What if these boards are some kind of puzzle pieces, and at the end of the year, if you align all those boards in a way it makes a huge graphic that is something about the golden ratio, the vitruvian man or Pi or something.
THAT would be cool.

So they're trying to make a series for wall hanging guys who buy boards but don't skate them or recreate Charlie's wall that was posted earlier?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
Expand Quote
It's pretty amazing that both guy and eric koston would o.k. these graphics, you would think they would have at least some artistic sense in them  ???
[close]

"Eric: It is some Da Vinci Code shit. It is sort of the window into how we want the brand to be portrayed and you have the slash going through it. There's a lot of meaning. We went pretty Da Vinci Code with everything."
"guy: like, you know what i mean?"

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2016, 01:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote
THAT would be cool.
[close]

So they're trying to make a series for wall hanging guys who buy boards but don't skate them or recreate Charlie's wall that was posted earlier?
It's a possibility.  ;D

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3512
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2016, 03:48:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is this Da Vinci Code something all the chicks in yoga are into? Kind of like the Celestine Prophecy? Or the 7 Agreements?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2016, 09:09:56 AM »

shapes & laser on the top makes me think its ps stix.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »
Real has their own gradient series out now.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -309
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2016, 10:33:17 AM »
^utterly terrible in every way
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

shit_for_brains

« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2016, 10:53:13 AM »
Real just in time to make Numbers look better.

The Numbers shapes look pretty good though.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »

The Numbers shapes look pretty good though.

agree

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2016, 11:05:45 AM »
Well that is underwhelming.
At least stoke for TX, Silvas and Antonio having boards.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »
Well that is underwhelming.
At least stoke for TX, Silvas and Antonio having boards.

Not yet

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2016, 11:53:41 AM »
Definitely going to get that Silvas.

All graphics in the industry are shit excluding Polar.