Author Topic: "good for a girl"  (Read 8073 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1160
Re: "good for a girl"
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 08:26:30 AM »
Threads like this make me wonder if Marisa Dal Santo kept going at this pace...
]Marisa Dal Santo - Zero Strange World HD

Marisa was fucking great :'(

Leticia skating is really good, but stale. Maybe because I've never seen a street part of her. I've never seen here do anything really interesting. She kind of reminds me of Lutzka. Does the same tricks consistently to win contest. It's the best strategy, but it gets "meh". That crooks 180 - switch bigspin combo was my favorite part of her BC.

with that said even with her go trick, Leticia could go to about any park or spot and easily be the best skater there. Most skaters aren't even as good as she is.

Deucifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 08:32:51 AM »
hahah I knew a few people would get their jimmies russell'd. Leticia rips, that clip was cool, female skaters are rad. I'm just making a joke about how they are compared to male skaters (how bout that, two individuals being compared on the same platform regardless of gender... :o). "if she were a dude no one would care" to "if they were a girl maybe someone would care"- get it?

David Loy will wear the women's SLS crown 2017
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

datura

• Rep: 23
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 08:35:07 AM »

Getty

• Rep: 52
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »
When you guys talk about "girl skaters" most of you always come of as a bunch of insecure little boys. Which makes sense I suppose because that's probably exactly what you are.

But if any of you saw Leticia skate in person you'd just stand there stupidly wishing you could rip as hard as her and/or wishing you could fuck her. But you wouldn't say shit.

Female skating is exciting as fuck to me because it's developing fast. It wasn't long ago that Elissa was pretty much the only one who really ripped. Now there's a ton who do. And they're doing it while dealing with a level of resistance & sexism that none of you have ever encountered. '
There's a case to be made in fact that girls who rip are actually WAY gnarlier than dudes who rip because they're dealing with physical AND cultural limitations that make it harder for them. Like, that dude who skates rails with no legs. No one's saying "He's not as good as skaters with legs." They're just stoked for him.

The fact that women don't receive the same level of support is straight up sexism. Nothing else.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »
He BC was pretty cool. Kicky back lip was sick. Felipe ruined the video though. Seriously ruined the entire thing. Also her fake boobs.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 10:02:33 AM »
i dont understand "good for a girl" in an era where shawn powers is pro.

maybe one day there will be a clique of girls who only do slappies, curb manuals and the occasional kickflip and then sell boutique clothing at dover street market.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »
I think Mar is da best sk8er girl

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 10:13:31 AM »
totally honest question.. Are there any girl skaters out right now with good style?  not just 'decent' style but like Elissa Steamer level style?

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
The fact that Shawn Powers doesn't receive the same level of support is straight up ableism. Nothing else.

Deucifer

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 10:53:01 AM »
The fact that Shawn Powers doesn't receive the same level of support is straight up ableism. Nothing else.

BAHAHA
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
No offense but leticia could not go to any park and be the best skater there, sorry.

calvinsdream

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BAHAHA

"edgy" conservative jokes for trendwatch 2k17

looks like a boring year

shit_for_brains

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 11:51:54 AM »
These threads end up making me hate male skaters way more.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »
Even Lucas can't in heels.

trillytrill

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »
everyone wants to make fun of the basic trendy tricks but at least they look good. this part seriously had a 180 5050 180 in it... doesn't get more terrible little kid style like than that.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »
These threads end up making me hate male skaters way more.

Im always reminded of how much more I enjoyed Co-ed classes of PE when I was in High School.  And when we did male only activities, misogyny always seemed to rear its ugly head.  

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1616
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
I aced square dancing......

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1944
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »
Lacey Baker on team handsome

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »
the Berrics is skateboarding's version of the Rain Forest Cafe.

you deleted your post, but this made me laugh.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
totally honest question.. Are there any girl skaters out right now with good style?  not just 'decent' style but like Elissa Steamer level style?

I think nora v has good style. Watching her skate tranny in person is pretty impressive. Lacey baker 2

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »
everyone wants to make fun of the basic trendy tricks but at least they look good. this part seriously had a 180 5050 180 in it... doesn't get more terrible little kid style like than that.

i think its a good question though. what does it mean to be good and have a successful career right now? not really making fun of basic trendy tricks but even for men, isnt the answer kindof dodgy?

i feel like the original poster implied letisha needed to be more tech in her battle commander, but that doesnt really make male skaters stand out either so whats the standard he's holding her to? whats good for a girl if someone can 50-50 a curb and rack up the likes.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 923
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2017, 02:55:59 PM »

maybe one day there will be a clique of girls who only do slappies, curb manuals and the occasional kickflip and then sell boutique clothing at dover street market.

It sounds like you just described lil nice girl

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2017, 03:02:45 PM »
Why does Jamie Reyes never get any mention in these threads? She was on Real and in one the best videos ever, Non-Fiction. I think I remember hearing Elissa getting boards from Real either before or after Lance Mountain was sending her boards. Was Real trying to get all the girls?

And Marisa, oh Marisa... That Zero part cannot be topped. Sorry ladies, there's been close, but so far no dice.

I also back the shit out of Meow and Lisa Whitaker's girl skate blog. They are definitely having more fun than the boys.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2017, 03:22:16 PM »

I pray to that day comes asap but besides the Dover Street Market thing the skating with these ladies is gnarly. Scary stuff had been done on a skateboards by girls.

Talking about style on/off board, I really like Lizzie Armanto. Leticia tries so hard off board. Marisa DalSanto is gonna be on my list as favorites, she dresses so cool and Elissa Steamer is a superstar. Theres a bunch of cool gurls out there, anyone that cant accept/respect/support is a fucking idiot.

shark tits

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »
little nice girl is hot garbage! everything shawn powers is accused of she embodies. he at least 'can' skate well even if he chooses not to. realistically only a few pals can do what he does, tobey, 4wheels and maybe justis.
little nice girl though, where does she get the fucking balls?
jamie reyes usedta be ill in thrasher, on video she was slow but still pretty good. she had the most girl street skater coverage for a while but there was a girl in seattle [who had a kid!] who inward heeled a hip in butterfly barrettes and there's that little big titted girl [german?] who grinds hubbas and little japanese handrail girl who says 'pizza' when she slams.
lotsa rad girls now and over the yrs, ram it up your cunt little nice girl! shove it up your ass, jason byoun!

[don't tell her i said that but come on!]

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2017, 04:48:50 PM »
little nice girl is hot garbage! everything shawn powers is accused of she embodies. he at least 'can' skate well even if he chooses not to. realistically only a few pals can do what he does, tobey, 4wheels and maybe justis.
little nice girl though, where does she get the fucking balls?
jamie reyes usedta be ill in thrasher, on video she was slow but still pretty good. she had the most girl street skater coverage for a while but there was a girl in seattle [who had a kid!] who inward heeled a hip in butterfly barrettes and there's that little big titted girl [german?] who grinds hubbas and little japanese handrail girl who says 'pizza' when she slams.
lotsa rad girls now and over the yrs, ram it up your cunt little nice girl! shove it up your ass, jason byoun!

[don't tell her i said that but come on!]

AWSM Kids has this lil girl skater who shits all over her skating ...and the kid is like 5 or 6, prefer her Gram posts over Lil Nice Girl

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
I'm just waiting for the next Nora part

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »
Has there ever been an openly female SLAP poster?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1944
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »
Tay was a good poster

Jay Bravo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2017, 06:44:20 PM »
what's good with the shawn powers hate personally I'm a fan of his skating may not be the best technically by any means but it sure as hell entertains me.