Author Topic: Sammy Montano - Welcome to AWS  (Read 3166 times)

ratfink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Sammy Montano - Welcome to AWS
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:36:46 AM »
Will rewatch

shit_for_brains

Re: Sammy Montano - Welcome to AWS
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:50:12 AM »

ungzilla

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »
wait why does alec majerus think it was only so-so

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »

This video was fine, but just fine. They used to makes videos like this with guys who skated like this

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »
don't watch this trash

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 11:42:03 AM »
Its differential and chill, I actually like the dialed down reaching
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »
Good looking HD, at least.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 12:03:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This video was fine, but just fine. They used to makes videos like this with guys who skated like this

I think Miguel is still figuring the video thing out, they've been hit or miss, joey's part was perfect, they'll get it right eventually. Before i think Mike Hill had a little bit more insight, with Workshop being small again he might not be able to give the input he used to, hopefully that will change in the future

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »
maybe the best dialed down reaching ever
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 15
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think Miguel is still figuring the video thing out, they've been hit or miss, joey's part was perfect, they'll get it right eventually. Before i think Mike Hill had a little bit more insight, with Workshop being small again he might not be able to give the input he used to, hopefully that will change in the future

I think Miguel is a great filmer/editor, also pretty sick at skating.

When you have talent the likes of Dylan, JJ, Crocket, HEATH...etc. it's pretty hard to step to that skating wise with Aliens current riders.

Don't get me wrong, Joey, Yaje and the rest of the team are all sick skaters, but come on, that old team was fucking legendary and can't be touched with their current riders.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

When you have talent the likes of Dylan, JJ, Crocket, HEATH...etc. it's pretty hard to step to that skating wise with Aliens current riders.

Don't get me wrong, Joey, Yaje and the rest of the team are all sick skaters, but come on, that old team was fucking legendary and can't be touched with their current riders.

This is what I'm saying. I don't mean to sound like Finland in here but this is what they're telling me is AWS? The team is good on their skateboards certainly but AWS was a special company and stood above the fold even when a baby horse had a pro model. This ain't special. "Does it have to be special?" historically yes. Yes it does.

micky682

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is what I'm saying. I don't mean to sound like Finland in here but this is what they're telling me is AWS? The team is good on their skateboards certainly but AWS was a special company and stood above the fold even when a baby horse had a pro model. This ain't special. "Does it have to be special?" historically yes. Yes it does.
I think it'll get there, some of the guys might leave and they may bring in a bigger name or two, but when dudes like Dylan or Gilbert came on they weren't household names yet. Give it time.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 01:42:09 PM »
I haven't liked the editing on any of the new workshop stuff to be honest. To be fair though all the clips from above were done by Benny Maglinao I believe and I enjoyed his editing far more than anything they had for awhile. I didn't care for the editing in Mind Field. It felt like Greg Hunt was trying too hard for it to look like an Alien video and that's kind of the vibe I get from the recent Alien stuff as well.  It's unfortunate that Benny didn't get to edit a full video before things went south but at least he is doing the FA/Hockey stuff now. As for the team, I think time will tell.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 02:15:09 PM »
Great skating. Doesn't really look like a tech guy but he came through on that shit.

Pop shove noseslide was fuckin nice for a historically ugly trick
Gentleman ninja warlock

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 02:21:03 PM »
highest rail ever noseblunted?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 06:33:49 PM »
boring.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 08:40:08 PM »
When are they just gonna run with HD instead of adding weird filters to their shit to make it look overcast
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 09:03:02 PM »
I cant believe Sammy Montano is a Workshop AM; hes a favorite on my country. Like people wrote here Alien is special and today I love that company even more just because of that beatiful Costa Rica footage; what a happy day because of that. This clip hypes me to skate and spend money on Alien stuff.  Im rooting for Sammy Montano cause hes a cool-cat since always. How crazy he was skating here ten years ago. The Alien Workshop is alright pals.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:07:45 PM by pabloalvarado »

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »
skating was great but cliche alien is not

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2310
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 10:53:35 PM »
skating was great but cliche alien is not

Doubt they'll change up the aesthetic,it's almost expected now

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 11:56:51 PM »
I haven't liked the editing on any of the new workshop stuff to be honest. To be fair though all the clips from above were done by Benny Maglinao I believe and I enjoyed his editing far more than anything they had for awhile. I didn't care for the editing in Mind Field. It felt like Greg Hunt was trying too hard for it to look like an Alien video and that's kind of the vibe I get from the recent Alien stuff as well.  It's unfortunate that Benny didn't get to edit a full video before things went south but at least he is doing the FA/Hockey stuff now. As for the team, I think time will tell.

it would have been awesome if he ended up as the quasi filmer.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 04:11:49 AM »

this.

perhaps with the proper attention to detail in the editing and art direction it'd look less watered down and forgettable.
they really need to bring someone in to help mike hill and miguel.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 07:18:23 AM »
quit hurting aws' feelings, I enjoyed this and am going to make my friends watch it

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really? AWS has put out way more, has Quasi even really come out with anything yet? like 3 years deep?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 923
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 08:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Really? AWS has put out way more, has Quasi even really come out with anything yet? like 3 years deep?

And full length in the works

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 10:01:50 AM »
those parts are sick and the crockett one amazing, but still not much output by current standards, the valle edits are sick and I guess I prefer to see them more often with the Alien team then less often with the quasi team all subjective of course... but I enjoy the regular cool output

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »
I cant believe Sammy Montano is a Workshop AM; hes a favorite on my country. Like people wrote here Alien is special and today I love that company even more just because of that beatiful Costa Rica footage; what a happy day because of that. This clip hypes me to skate and spend money on Alien stuff.  Im rooting for Sammy Montano cause hes a cool-cat since always. How crazy he was skating here ten years ago. The Alien Workshop is alright pals.

Costa Rioca has spots god damn! Only problem is the heat...

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 11:37:16 AM »
Never heard of him before but quickly realised I'd seen him film one of those lines when I was on a bus. Not really relevant but I thought it was cool.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 11:55:49 AM »
Good stuff to say the least.

Hard to care due to it being Alien Workshop

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »

Alien Workshop is dead.

even Shit For Brains is coming around to it.  please don't buy this junk